Instead of having bands you like..

Why must you lie?

I hate the bands that Hades hates, cuz he knows which bands are good and which bands aren’t good. 8)

I’m don’t have to lie, which I guess is why I didn’t.

Hades, look at the tabs for something like One then look at Somebody Told Me. Could you tell me in all honesty that Somebody Told Me requires more talent?

On a serious note: What music do you enjoy Hades? I would really like to know. I understand why you don’t like old punk and I totally respect that. I really just want a feel for your preferences.

Also get CC in here to shut us all up.

Yes. Are you seriously trying to use the argument that you can tell how hard something is to play by looking at text? Furthermore, do you honestly think comparing Metallica’s single most complex song to one of The Killers’ easiest is a fair comparison? Somebody Told Me is harder than One regardless, but even your comparisons are flawed.

AS: I like music that engages me on more than a background noise level. I’ll list some bands.

A Perfect Circle
Aerosmith
Alexisonfire
Billy Talent
Blue Oyster Cult
Coheed and Cambria
Coldplay
Danny Elfman
Echo and the Bunnymen
Eric Clapton
Evanescence
Fallout Boy
Infected Mushroom
Iron and Wine
John Frusciante
Linkin Park
Lost Prophets
My Chemical Romance
Nirvana
Pilate
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
Rammstein
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Silverstein
SSH
The Cutters
The Killers
The Postal Service
The Used
Thrice
Tori Amos
Vertical Horizon
Yellowcard

These were all taken randomly from songs in my music folder. Most of them you’ll know about. SSH you won’t, but he deserved to be mentioned. He composes THE best speed metal I’ve ever heard, bar none.

MCR has sweet guitar, leave them alone. ;_;

But anyways, I think its kind of silly to rate how good a band is by how hard their music is to play. If its enjoyable its enjoyable. I guess it should affect how much you respect a band, but when it comes down to it the difficulty of what they’re playing doens’t really matter at all. So shush. Arguing which band is better is silly. I’d think you guys would know that by now.

Instead of simply stating that it is could you explain why it requires more talent to play Somebody Told Me?

Try playing it. That’s the only way to know. STM just has more awkward fingerings and more complex movements.

Edit: Shin, that was my point earlier about quality. Skill also isn’t some isolated thing. Theory and skill are synergistic. The more you know, the bigger your arsenal of sounds and the more easily you can fit them together harmoniously in your playing. Skill also directly effects how good a song sounds. Even simple songs are ruined by someone with poor skill, and there is so much more to skill than the speed of your chord changes. Still, I agree that simpler is usually better.

Shut the fuck up.

No, really?!?!? OMGZ. And stop trying to present an argument every time someone’s opinion doesn’t agree with your’s.

It’s funny because your quotes don’t mention anything about me telling you to learn a song.

lol gobble gobble gobble argue gobble

Damnit shin, now I feel stupid :frowning:

I never said you told me too either. You asked me if I ever tried to play a song from a band I didn’t like. Why the <i>fuck</i> would I try to learn (or “try to play”) a song from a band I don’t like? Not hard to understand :stuck_out_tongue:

Anything that you don’t simply so he can argue and stroke his e-wang.

Opinions rock when they become facts online!

He’s actually right for once. Holy shit surprise.

His avatar says what kind of music he likes.

…Country virtuoso Roy Clark…?

Seriously, I read your sig and now I feel retarded.

Let’s incite more arguing. C’mon!

Your opinion isn’t fact. Does that work?