individual classes

Well, you are getting your dimensions kinda mixed up. We live within all dimensions in one way or another. While we physically live within the 1st three dimensions, and are trapped within the 4th. We are also spiritual beings(as all things are, technically) and we may interact with “ghosts” or spirits. Many people dont believe in “ghosts” because they really dont have the experience, or the “sensitivity” as others do, and that is fine. I wouldnt expect(or fault) a blind man to believe in color, because he has never “seen” it before…
Now, consider for a moment, that humans are spiritually powerful beings, and we are always buzzing with energy. Now, suppose in a big city, what so many human’s energy would do. You see, we leave an imprint behind us wherever we go. A “scent” of our energy. This “energy” is what makes your home your home, and your room so comfy. Now, have you ever been around, or inside an abandoned building, or house, and had a strange feeling, as if the house was emitting vibes, or watching you somehow… this is what(i believe) the romans galled a genis loci. The reason the house does that, is because humans once lived there, and so much energy has rubbed off that the house, or building, has become a spiritual being of it’s own. And so much solitude and not fulfilling it;s purpose has made it either desire human company, or detest it. While science cannot really “prove” this, there are very many limits to science. Those limits are many, and i’ve gotten so far off-topic, it’s unbelievable. One last point… i disbelieve in “pictures” of ghosts… another long story.

Gunslinger Weapon Skills would require ammo.

BACK TO THE TOPIC: I Would Have a White Mage/Staff Fighter (Like Donnatello of TMNT). Usuall WM Magic, and and Delay Attack, and/or Movement (Like Row change or move a square in FFTA) to a badguy. Overdrive/Limit Brake: (Free) White Wind (Possible Delay and/or movement attack incuded).

Big Nutter
Agressive White mage- Eh?

Alright, I was wrong, Born_Loser. You sound like you know a lot more about this stuff than me. But I still believe in ghosts, one way or another, no matter where they live or however they may have gotten there.

The three Dimensions we live in are: Height, Width and Depth. The Fourth is Time.
(I really don’t agree with the last one, but it’s the general consensus…)

There are theories that there are more dimensions. If so, there could be beings existing there- not just ghosts- that we would never know about, and if they ever partially phased into OUR dimensions, they might look ghostly (whether they are ghosts or not.)

But that’s all pseudo-science. As in: there’s no proof… yet, anyway. But it’s fun to talk about, no? ^_~

On Topic: You know what ability I hope we see more of in FF? Shape Shifting. The Morpher Job in FFT Advanced could take the form of monsters the party had captured (shades of Pokemon!) gaining their powers AND weaknesses. Now, we have seen some characters in FF with some limited shapeshifting, like Vincent in FF7. I hope we some day see one with more extensive abilities. (And no need for monster collecting or Jumping into the Veldt… gaining stronger forms by level, maybe?)

Ahahaha.

Something along the lines of a Swordmage. Being able to both cast spells and channel them through a weapon.

Wil, yeah Shapeshifting would be really fun !

I was disappointed with the Morpher in FFTA. I was hoping they’d actually turn INTO the monsters, not just do some funky dance.

Mime
Ability: Mime
Can Equip: Nothing

Sounds Like Gau in FF6, (I’ve just started FFTA)

Big Nutter
(Did I say those Viera are HOT?)

My own “mix” of Blue Mage…

Weapons: Sabers, Swords (One-handed), Daggers and Staves. (Whip and Fork?)
Armor: Light to Medium, Robes. No shield.
Special Accessory (AF Armor for you FFXIers ;)): Mask. Allows 25% visual learning instead of the usual “experience it’s effects to learn.”

Commands:

Blue Magic (You know, cast it?)
Active Lore: Scan, Analyze, EAT, Lancet, Monster slaying skills.

Passive:
Learning (Learn Blue magic)
Sensate (Allows you to survive whatever effects an unlearned Blue Spell has on you; Status effects are nullified and HP is reduced to 1 in the case of direct damage.)
Equip Scimitar (Equip Saber regardless of Job)
Blue Cover (Allows you to take in Blue Magic hits ibstead of party member; 25% chance of activation; Doesn’t affect all-party moves.)
Passive Lore (Gives you a general idea of a monster’s HP level.)

Isn’t there already one of these?

I`d like to be a Swordsage. Someone who is trained in ancient Swordskills and Rituals and Wielding greatswords (e.g. the Bustersword),

ERm Gogo?

Yeah but I mean like in FFT.

Yes, there are mimes in FFT, the females remind me of little fox/cat/things… and the male mimes look just like Gogo,with less crap hanging off of thier clothes

I would be a Celestial Samurai, namely a mixture of a paladin and a samurai.

As for commands, I would have:

Attack
Sword Skills
Magic
Item

Sword skills including samurai swords skills, and those of your basic kinght sword skills.
Magic would be basically white magic. But with a few more offensive spells, like Holy, and Holy Sword.

Question: Where do you guys get the names for your classes? I dont mean to harp, but really, some of them make no sense compaired to what they are. And ONLY because it’s the last post and I don’t feel like looking through everything again, Heavenly Soldier’s is going to be my example:

Paladins have nothing at ALL to do with Celestial magic. All paladins, even the ones from Final Fantasy are of holy magical origins. The word for that is called Divine or Divination magic. A paladin doesnt get his/her powers from the stars. I just say this because I’ve seen alot, and I mean a fucking-lot of people’s classes get “cool” names that really have nothing to do with the class itself.

Celestial = Stars = Heavenly= Paladin I guess

mine was obvious

Oh wait, I realized that most people’s stuff pertained to thier class… Still, Celestial magic is a different type of magic than Divine. I’m not sure how you can tie them togather, unless of course you want to create your own little world where magic from the stars is also heavenly…?

Theres alot about the stars that can be surmised as Holy. But i do get your point.