individual classes

I’m talkin about throwing the enemies themselves. It’d probably be a monk thing, maybe ninjas too. I just think it would be awesome to just pick up some little white mage and chuck her across the arena.

Go play Disgaea or wait for Phantom Brave,both let you do exactly that but with all characters,allies or enemies.

I actually considered buying Disgaea once… Maybe I’ll rent it and try it out. Sounds like fun.

Lune Knight - Both Divine and Holy Knight skills.

If you can find Disgaea for rent anywhere, buy it from them, steal it, what ever the hell you have to, just get it. It’s the single hardest (recent) RPG to find, next to Tales of Symphonia which isnt so hard to get now that were getting more copies in at our store.

But yeah, if you can rent disgaea, I hate you. Not in a mean way, but in an envy kinda way.

I’m talkin about throwing the enemies themselves.

Like Umaro ?

Okay, now here’s where it gets fun. Think of a few skills and abilities your class has.
Try to keep the commands only at 4. like…
Attack
Skill 1
Ability 2
Item

I know only 4 commands is kind of restrictive, but it makes you think more…

Here’s mine as an example.

Gunslinger:

Attack
Gun Skills
Snipe/Quickdraw
Item

Gun Skills includes, Head Shot(chance to cause blindness), Arm Shot(chance to low enemy’s attack), Leg Shot(chance to lowe enemies movement speed), Gut Shot(chance to induce poison), and Heart Shot(chance to cause instant death). Plus, 4 elemental shots, Fire Shot, Ice Shot, Bolt Shot, and Earth Shot.

Snipe makes your character take his time and aim, causing greater accuracy, and more damage. Quickdraw has the same effect as snipe, but with slightly less accuracy, and has the same speed as a normal attack.

Wait, is this commands? or like tactics where we get a reaction slot, a movement one and the continual effect one too?

Via the FFT choices, this is what I’d go with:

Sword Skill
Guts
Blade Grasp
Two Swords
Move + 3

so in the end, my options when in a fight would come up like so:
Attack
Sword Skill
Guts

I’d be able to dual wield, as well, I’d have Blade Grasp, which if you recall, makes the chances of a physical attack hitting me around 12% so HA to all you melee people.
On top of that guts would give me things like throw stone, accumulate, and other useful things to pass time while I get closer to the enemy. And of course, move +3 cause I’m a guy and not a girl. Girls cant get move +3, but can get Jump +3, which wasnt all that useful imo, if I was going to waist time getting jump +3, I’d have just used Ignore Height from the Dragoon Class… I over analyze FFT, maybe…

The oracle
Attack
Oracle magic
scan
Items

Oracle magic is
Haste Speed up the movement of allies. 8
Haste 2 Speed up the movement of allies. 30
Slow Slows down an enemy’s reactions. 8
Slow 2 Slows down an enemy’s reactions. 30
Stop Freezes a foe in time. 14
Don’t Move Use space and time to freeze foe in place. 10
Esuna Heal allies of status ailments. 18
Holy Attack enemies with the holy spirit. 56Spell Name Description MP Use
Cure Heal allies with holy magic. 6
Cure 2 Heal allies with stronger holy magic. 10

If you want to go Oracle then you might as well go Temple Knight (like Beowulf) because the spells are instant cast via sword magic and have a higher success rate, PLUS theres no MP cost. Yup, Temple Knight is the Oracle with upgrades to awsome…

Lune Knight

Attack
Lune Sword
Sword Magic (think mystic knight or whatever from 5)
Reflex
Two Sword
Teleport

Alright, here’s my Thief Mage stuff:

Action Command: Thief Magic (includes Haste, Hastega(wider range and longer duration), Slow, Slowga(same as Hastega), Stop, Stopga(same), Gravity, Gravija, and Graviga. Thief Magic costs about twice as much as normal. Plus there would be Hastedrain, which casts haste on you, slow on the enemy, and steals gil, and it would cost about 24 MP.)

Action Command: Steal (all the normal steals, like Steal Gil, Weapon, Armor, Helm, Accessory, EXP, JP, HP, and MP. Plus there’s Steal Heart(charm), Steal Health(poison), Steal Sight(darkness), Steal Voice(silence), and Steal Will(berserk). The last five cost about 8 MP.)

Reaction: Double Reflex (increases physical and magical evasion by a lot)

Support: Maintenance (I think everyone knows what this does)

Movement: Move Twice (Cuts your move distance in half but lets you move twice)

For stats, the Thief Mage would have high speed, evasion, luck, move, and jump, but VERY low strength, defense, magic, magic defense, and HP. (just to keep things fair.)

Jedi Knight

Lightsaber, THE FORCE. can predict the future and see the past. what else you want

im being real here. actually they have to be good swordmen so right there is a good thing. only bad thing is that there is the dark side.

hey we might as well have a Duct Tape Warrior, who fights with the mighty power of Duct!

Dude, whats the point of having a character if he cant possibly lose? I mean, DUCT TAPE WINS PERIOD.

they dont have to be FFT classes or abilities, i just mentioned that cause it gave me the idea…

In retrospect, Snipe would remain a command, and Quickdraw would be the limitbreak. Makes more sense that way.

I forgot about limit breaks. My Thief Mage’s limit would probably be some kind of Omnislash-like move that deals physical and magical damage of random elements to random enemies. I’d call it… Fourth Vision. (fourth referring to the fourth dimension, where all the ghosts live). Not the greatest name, but hey, it works.

ToS is like impossible to find I looked in like 3 stores and I finally found it in EB and it was the last copy :biggrin:
For the limit break my guy’s would be called weapon cyclone. it would steal all the enemies weapons in the aoe (it would be the range of a summon spell but it would be on your targeted one the space your character is.) It would harm everyone in the area regardless of the side and the power would be based on how many weapons were collected

The Fourth dimension is Time and Space, actually.

Are you sure…? I’ve done a lot of research on ghosts for a story I’m writing. From what I got, ghosts live in the fourth dimension, which is basically an overlap of the third dimension, which is where humans live. Ghosts can interact with the third dimension, but humans can not interact with the fourth dimension, because of our three-dimensional bodies.

So I guess ghosts could exist in this time and space you speak of, and we’d both be right.
Guess we’ll just have to wait until we die to truly know all this stuff.

EDIT: I saw Tales of Symphonia at Wal-Mart like last week…

I personally think ghosts dont exist, but to each his own. I’ve never heard about ghosts on the 4th dimension though.

Theres this one website I’ve been to that… well… provides some pretty serious proof that ghosts exist. It’s really creepy. It’s got lots of pics (not digitally altered, either), and I can’t see any other explanation other than there really ARE otherworldly forces lingering in this world. Plus I’ve had a strange experience… a few of them, actually.

Ah, it doesn’t matter. Let’s get back on subject…