Incoming movies

For 2004 and 2005.

Marvel will have:

The Punisher, being released by Artisan Entertainment, on April 16.

Spiderman 2 (a.k.a. The Amazing Spiderman) Sony/Columbia on July 2. BTW, Maguire may not be in Spiderman 3, which is already planned. This is due to injuries he got while shoting the first two movies. Poor Maguire…

Blade: Trinity by New Line Cinema on August 12.

Man Thing released by Fierce/Artisan on August 26

BTW, I kept saying in the chatroom Man Thing was by DC. I am dumb, I know.

Fantastic Four: no, it ain’t that lame thing that was sacked even before it got to the big screen. It’s a whole new one. But I fear it will be another fiasco that won’t reach the cinemas. It’s scheduled for this year’s Christmas, but its production hasn’t even started yet. Sean Astin (yes, one of the hobbits) is going to direct it.

Asides these, Marvel plans on making these movies too:

X-Men 3 (I hope it’s not the sellout X-Men 2 was), Hulk 2 (argh >_< and yeah, they said they wouldn’t have it, changed their minds), Namor (!), Elektra (it would so rock), Iron Man (Tom Cruise is talking to the producer about being Tony Stark), Ghost Rider (apparently, Nicolas Cage will be the rider. I think the soundtrack for this movie would so rock!) and Deathlok, which I’ve never heard of.

Now, for DC:

Catwoman will be directed by Pitof. Halle Berry will be Catwoman. Supposedly started being made in September.

Constantine will have Keanu Reeves in it and will be directed by Francis Lawrence. Also supposedly started being shot in September.

Batman - see thread about him.

Wonder Woman - Philip Levens (who made smallville) is writting the movie. Joel Silver, who worked on Matrix, will be the producer. I don’t know who is going to be the heroine. All I know is that Sandra Bullock refused the role.

Superman - They’re still searching for a suitable director. Actually, that’s all I know for now. 3 directors have already been chosen and sacked.

Shazam maniacal laughter - The Rock, from the Scorpion King, would be the hero O.O laughter

Green Lantern is coming out released by Warner Bros. That’s all I know about it. If you try to go to www.greenlanternthemovie.com it falls on Warner’s site.

By the way, while writting this post I found out that my sources for DC movies (except for Batman and Green Lantern) are waaaaay outdated. If you have fresh news, update me please.

I don’t plan on seeing the Catwoman movie because A) I’m not a Halle Berry fan (she ruined Storm ;.:wink: and B) She’s not even playing Selena Kyle, it’s some other chick that’s Catwoman. says BOO to that

I remember hearing a looooong time ago that Nic Cage might play Superman, but he dropped out.

I don’t remember where I heard it, but around the time X-2 came out, I heard that for X-3 the directer wanted to bring in Archangel, Beast, and (enter fangirl screaming here) Gambit. …And they DAMN WELL BETTER BE THERE! >:|

If beast is a CGi made thingie like Hulk was, then I don’t even wanna see it. Otherwise, let’s hope 3 is netter than 2. And yeah, bring the cajun on, for he is the coolest among all the mutants!

I doubt he will be CGI. If they went to the effort of making Mystique without the use of computers (mostly, obviously Rebecca Romijn-Stamos can’t morph by herself >.>;), then they can do Beast just as well.

Altho I do kinda wish Mystique wasn’t always naked. I liked that dress she had on the cartoon. :3

Speaking of which: Rebecca deMornay signed a contract for two movies. In the first one getting inked to pay Mistyque was such a pain in the ass that she said she’d only make the second movie because of the contract (we know it’s for the $$$) and then she never would want to see the director and the producer again. She was buttnaked (except for the ink, if you consider it) in those scenes. Nobody thought of her wearing a cloth like Maguire did for Spiderman.

God, they better put Gambit in X-men 3, he’s easily the best mutant but they keep neglecting him >_<.

Superman is the most boring and overrated superhero of all time.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Superman is the most boring and overrated superhero of all time.

Why do you think they killed him off? It rejuvenated his character for years. Hm. That could be cool. A 2 or 3 parter about The Death and Return of Superman. Possibly have the the first one be the Death. Second part be World without a Superman with part of (maybe a third) of Return thrown in to flesh it out. Then, the finale, the Return of Superman. That would be pretty cool.

Originally posted by Megaman984
Why do you think they killed him off? It rejuvenated his character for years. Hm. That could be cool. A 2 or 3 parter about The Death and Return of Superman. Possibly have the the first one be the Death. Second part be World without a Superman with part of (maybe a third) of Return thrown in to flesh it out. Then, the finale, the Return of Superman. That would be pretty cool.

My dad owns all three of those in graphic novel form. They are actually pretty interesting, especially the third one with all the other Supermen. I loved the vigelante.

The green lantern? Gah, even his comic books were boring. I shudder at the thought of a 2 hour movie.

Eradicator? Yeah, he’s okay.

Now, for the GL movie, it damn well better be Hal Jordan. None of this Alan Scott, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardener, or John whatshisface business. Hal Jordan. Or maybe Killowog. He’s funny. “Poozer.” Hee hee.

No Sandman? Tuh. :too bad;

I have a few cool Superman books, INCLUDING all three “Death and Return of Superman” books.

And as long as we’re talking about comic-based movies, I think, if done right, Preacher would make a hella bitchin’ movie.

Wait, scratch that. It’d either have to be a miniseries or a trilogy to proporly capture the whole story. But it’d STILL be bitchin’.

And BTW, I hate the term “graphic novel”. That’s a term people use when they don’t wanna admit that they’re comic geeks. :hahaha;

I love Superman too, for he is the first superhero ever. And he is the incarnation of all that heroism is. I even had a fac-simile of Superman no. 1, back when it was the comics and not the pages that were numbered, and superman took giant leaps instead of flying.

I had the death of superman, his funeral, and his rebirth in comic books too. I think the eradicator roroxed and should have stayed alive.

As for Green Lantern, I would so love seeing Gnort in the movie :smiley: And I know I’m gonna be spanked for these, but the green lanterns are my favorite heroes from DC and I like Guy Gardner. Hal Jordan is still the best, though.

Too bad The Phantom predates Superman by 3 years, Ren. He is often creditted as the first costumed superhero.

… >_< I was living in a world of lies!!!

tries to suicide, but fails

Wow, I didn’t know Phantom was the first. But I doubt you could send some 5-25 cents to his comics company and get a hero medal mailed to you for it as you could do in Superman’s early years!

That’s because he was a comic strip originally, Ren. I don’t think he got a comic book until the late 40s. The original strip is still in publication though.

Superman was the first SUPER powered hero, X. Which in my eyes makes him the first SUPER hero (The Phantom had no powers, did he? Hmm… I think the Shadow also preceded Supes, and he had that “clouding men’s minds” thing… is that a power? How about Mandrake the Magician? Hmm, for now I’m sticking with Supes until shown evidence to the contrary.)

Anyway: Thanks for the movie news, Ren. Some comments:
-I’ve seen the PUNISHER trailer. They changed his origin somewhat. His family is NOT killed for accidentally witnessing a Mafia Hit. And he got the skull-shirt… after an explosion? Ah well, I’m not going to see it anyway (don’t like antiheroes.)
-Man-Thing has ALWAYs been the butt of jokes by Marvel Fans. I mean… just say the name ALOUD. :mwahaha: ahem Actually, the character is interesting, but I doubt much can be done with him that hasn’t already been done with Swamp Thing.
-Deathlok is a lesser Marvel Hero. Think a Cyborg version of Spawn and you pretty much have him.
-I have seen the new Catwoman costume. It blows. Also there’s NO connection to Batman.
-I heard a rumor of Liv Tyler being pursued to be Wonder Woman. Personally, I’d pick Zeta Jones. Or Xena.
-I heard the script for Shazam! is VERY good, it would be a cross between Superman and “Big.” I hope they don’t use the Rock as Captain Marvel. (He would make a good Black Adam -Evil Captain Marvel- however.) I would pick Brendan Fraser as CM. He’s one of the rare hollywood actors believable both as an actor and a comedian.
-I hate, hate, HATE Constantine and having Keanu play him doesn’t help much.
-I saw an interview with DeMournay and she said she’s more than willing to do the third X-men. However I hear Berry doesn’t. BTW I hear the plot will be based on the Dark Phoenix Saga. And the director DOES want to bring in Gambit.
-A Preacher movie IS in the works. That’s another one I’m NOT seeing.

Where do I get my info? WIZARD magazine, the MAXIM magazine for comics fans! :hahaha; (no kidding, it’s a VERY good source, folks.)

You know, Constantine being a female name and all, I thought Keanu would be just a sidekick or something.

By the way… I saw that girl with a bow from the new Blade movie. Rorox. As for the Punisher, I would have Daniela Cicarelli on the movie if I were the director.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
Superman was the first SUPER powered hero, X. Which in my eyes makes him the first SUPER hero (The Phantom had no powers, did he? Hmm… I think the Shadow also preceded Supes, and he had that “clouding men’s minds” thing… is that a power? How about Mandrake the Magician? Hmm, for now I’m sticking with Supes until shown evidence to the contrary.)

First off, it’s 984. Not X. 984.

Secondly, it doesn’t matter if he had super powers or not (he didn’t). Batman has no superpowers, yet he is considered a superhero. I think one of the original JSA members didn’t have superpowers, yet he is considered a superhero. The Phantom is more than just a regular hero. He’s a costumed vigilante (who happens to fight for Bengalla), so that makes him a superhero.

Third, the Shadow first aired in 1930. If we want to count radio programs, then he’s probably the first superhero. However, going by that, I propose we use books. In that case, Tarzan is the first superhero. His power? Being eternally young. Side note, the Green Hornet aired in 1936.