Incoming movies

Okay then, the first superhero ever is either Gilgamesh, who was first aired on stone tablets 2000 years before christ in Babylonia, or Menés, the first Pharaoh, who was worshipped as a god - even before dieing!

There is a big difference between a superhero and a mythological hero. =p

Whoops, sorry, 984. Brain Fart. :mwahaha:

And I know many people consider Batman, Phantom, etc. Superheroes. I don’t. GREAT heroes, maybe, but not SUPER heroes. Not without powers.

And being eternally young is NOT a power- not in Tarzan’s case. It’s a story convenience. You would have to give it to nearly every popular fictional character then.

Cyber: I digress. Both have superpowers, incorporate the culture from the authors who write their stories and are made to entertain people in their free time.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
-A Preacher movie IS in the works. That’s another one I’m NOT seeing.

Why have I not yet heard of this?! I’ll have to see if I can dig something up…

But like I said before, it should either be a trilogy or a miniseries if they want it to be good. And if it’s rated anything less than R, then I wouldn’t use the film to wipe my ass.

-I saw an interview with [strike]DeMournay[/strike] Romijn-Stamos and she said she’s more than willing to do the third X-men. However I hear Berry doesn’t. BTW I hear the plot will be based on the Dark Phoenix Saga. And the director DOES want to bring in Gambit.

That makes sense, with the uh, stuff that happened in X-2. (Which angered me greatly, btw, cuz like, certain other stuff hadn’t happened, and like, ARGH! I don’t feel like using the spoiler tag :P).

I’m also glad that Berry won’t be in the next one, but I wonder if that means someone (hopefully) better will be brought in to play Storm, or if she’ll be excluded from the story.

And I wouldn’t mind seeing Jubilee in an expanded role. Some people I’ve known thought she was annoying, but I like her. :3

Man what’s with all the damned superhero movies? Does America have some sort of lust of seeing a hero beat up a “bad guy” after those terrorist attacks or something?

Pretty much.

And also something I like to call the “Hollywood Bandwagon,” after the success of Spider-Man and X-Men.

No, gila. People have liked seeing that ever since superman starred his first book in 1938. It’s just that with nowadays technology Marvel and DC can make movies that aren’t lame on the graphical part, as opposed to every super hero movie made before the last decade. The plots, though…

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Man what’s with all the damned superhero movies? Does America have some sort of lust of seeing a hero beat up a “bad guy” after those terrorist attacks or something?

I actually believe that you are onto something there.

And how is Batman not a superhero? I’d hardly call what he does even remotely realistic. He can fall further, jump higher, punch harder than any real human being really can.