I'm back from Disneyworld

Hey I’m back from Disneyworld! I had tons and tons of fun and did equal amounts of stuff.

I’ll go over it in detail after I get my pictures on CD and show you everything. BUt a definite high point is that I saw a couple of celebrities.

I’ll tell you who after someone posts “Who?” or offers a few weak suggestions.

OK OK, I got to meet Billy Dee Williams and Antony Daniels, Lando Calrissian and C-3PO respectively.

:hyperven: I wanna go to Disney World! True, I’ve been to Disneyland in Paris, but that’s a LOT smaller…and has no real links to many of the recent films, except for overpriced merchandise. :frowning:

Still, it’s good to know you had a great time!

Sounds cool. I get to go to Disneyland in California in a month, which’ll be nothing like that. Oh well.

Nice to hear you had fun. =)

Welcome back, and please, PLEASE tell me you punched Mickey Mouse.

Welcome Back.

I’ve been to FLA disney and that was about the best trip I’ve ever done.

About the actors, where did you see them (I’ll guess Epicott)

Heh. Glad you had fun Country, and welcome back1

Did you get any autographs?!?

Did you stay away from those pantless Ducks?

Gald you had fun. I bet it was really cool there. Welcome back! :smiley:

Originally posted by Lady Shadowz
[b]:hyperven: I wanna go to Disney World! True, I’ve been to Disneyland in Paris, but that’s a LOT smaller…and has no real links to many of the recent films, except for overpriced merchandise. :frowning:

Still, it’s good to know you had a great time! [/b]

Thats basically Disney World here, except it’s got more ties to more recent movies in the form of people in suits.

You’re back from Disneyworld…must mean the dwarfs didn’t finish you off then…

Welcome back!

Ooooooooh… can’t wait to see the pic-i-tures! :smiley:

OK, first time I could use a computer in a while.

I met the Star Wars guys in the MGM Studios.

First Day: Blizzard Beach and Epcot Center.

Well I started out with Blizzard Beach. The pavement was punishing to everyone’s feet as most everyone got blisters from walking everywhere. Slides galore, much fun to be had by all.

Epcot was also a lot of walking but it was worth it since there’s so much to see there. Besides all of the countries there was also this ride called Test Drive which is a track course and you’re doing several car tests including a speed test which gets you over 60 mph. At night there was a gigantic fireworks display. Best fireworks I have ever seen.

Day 2: MGM Studios
I was busy this day. I went on the Aerosmith Rockn’ Roller Coaster. It’s really fun. The thing launches you from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. You get this whole “ribs cage goes into your spine” thing going. We also saw the Indiana Jones show and the Star Tours ride. At this time the motorcade came by with Lando and 3PO. Many pics were taken. We also took a backlot tour where I saw many famous vehicles in their graveyard including a Rebel Snowspeeder, the Toon Patrol Car from “Roger Rabbit”, and motorcycles used in the third Indiana Jones movie. Also there were things like sets of the Golden Girls house and a run through of the costuming department.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom
The first thing I did was make a beeline for Space Mountain and I went on that. Good stuff there, I’ve always wanted to ride that. Then I did a walking tour on my own pace of the entire park. I also had to do a group photo in front of the castle. I bought a bunch of souveneirs too and I got a nice Mickey pin at the Pirates of the Carribean ride.

Day 4: Animal Kingdom
This was the shortest day since we were leaving. I went to Dino Land first and went on a roller coaster and a ride based from the movie Dinosaur. Here you actually get “attacked” by a rather vicious looking Dinosaur several times. A little too intense for the younger people. Right from there I saw a live Tarzan show. The guy who played Tarzan was huge. Like Arnie huge back in the day. That show was very energetic and was very good. I also saw a 3D show based from a Bug’s Life. They kept shooting things at your face the entire time, so that’s not really my thing but there were a lot of nice touches that kept it interesting.

Those were the biggest things. I can’t wait to get my pictures back.

Originally posted by PC Glenton
Welcome back, and please, PLEASE tell me you punched Mickey Mouse.

stabs Glenton Don’t those people sufer enough in those damn hot suits, and having little kids run up and kick them? They don’t need a teenager walking up to one and punching him in the face, too.

Val: Despite bad conditions and no pay, no-one forced them to don the suit, they deserve all the public want to give them :stuck_out_tongue:

X_countryguy: Welcome back, I am glad you had such a good time, tell us more!

:slight_smile:

Glad to know that you enjoyed yourself, X Countryguy.

I visited Disneyland once when I was twelve years old (in November 1992, if I recall correctly) and I enjoyed it very much, particularly the “Star Tours” ride. Now, however, due to my general resentment towards Hollywood and its vicinity, I doubt very much that I could ever enjoy such a visit a second time. It was therefore a good thing that my visit occurred in my ignorant youth.

I remember when I was at that saari in Animal Kingdom.

me: -so, what happens if one of those leopards and lions comes too close to us?

driver: -I’m not allowed to harm the animals in anyway so all we can do is running faster than then.

It’d be kinda fun since we were in a hug, slow-moving open-bus like vehicle and there were a lot of obstacles (besides rocks & there was that bridge…).

Disneyworld Florida right? I went to disneyland, california when i was like 4 or 5 ;p dont remember a thing, doh. gets a wicked idea involving pics mwuhahahaha