I need a job

Hehe, my first job was working at the school as a handyman. It went well until my friend and I caused $1000 worth of damage to a car using a golf cart.

When I go job hunting I send to at least 60, and have already topped 180.

Really, at first I thought it was only Booken, but as time passes I get to think you guys in general are not serious about getting a job.

It’s not that we’re not serious Ren, just some of us are choosy, and some of us don’t live in heavily populated areas that make it easy to get hired. I want a job as much as the next girl, but I’m not going to bust my ass to put in for a place where I’d be miserable. Quality over quantity, darling.

I know how you feel Eva. For the past five summers I worked as an office helper for my town through one of its summer programs. Now, because of some asshole politician’s spending, they had to cut funding for this job program. Normally, those with disabilities and/or from low income families were eligible for the program. Now, only people from low income families (getting public assistance) are eligible. So in other words, they took my job.

The thing is, they didn’t tell me this until late last month, when they normally hold interviews around Easter time. Now everybody isn’t hiring anymore. I’ve been checking my local Gamestop for a while and I’ll be heading there around X-mas for sure. I got an application for my local Wegmans, and hopefully the have an opening in their video department.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for both of us Eva.

Eva, I am the pickiest guy around. If I wanted a job of misery, I could as well expand my mail list to some 300 companies in the least. I have standards.

Okay, as for the part about city size, you get point. My city has some 3 million people living in it. It has a port, an airport and is hell filled with banks and malls. So yeah, it is easier for me to find a job.

I applied to 10 places, got a response in a week. Interviewed, got the job, yay. I work at the movie theate. Its my first job. It currentlyy pays 7.25/hr, but thats fine for a first job. Plus, everywhere I applied, I did it online. It went really well. Good luck everyone who is still looking.

Obviously the best time to apply is late May, but I’m sure its not impossible to get a job in mid-summer.

Damn straight it’s easier. I live in the 'burbs. There aren’t 60 places in my township that are even thinking about hiring. It doesn’t help if they might have an opening a couple weeks from now, because I’m not going to be able to work here when I’m at college 6 hours away.

Waiting til you’re halfway into summer doesn’t help when trying to get a job. You need to apply months earlier to different places, and you really can’t be so choosy. If you try to be really picky about where you want to work, you’ll make it very hard on yourself to get a job. Even if your first job sucks, it’ll help you get the experience needed to get other jobs.

Kag, you have to understand that it’s damn well difficult to take advice seriously from a person with such huge eyebrows. :stuck_out_tongue:

If people have this much trouble getting their first jobs, no wonder things are so FUBAR in some places. I’m still trying to figure out what to do about this whole thing, since I feel humiliated by having to rely on my parents.