I just bought ANOTHER SP

Don’t ask what happened to the other one.

So I also got Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls, The Castlevania 2 pack and Final Fantasy IV, which I didn’t even know was on the GBA.

I’m in for some good times!

Anything else good that I haven’t already played?

What happened to the other one?

Smooth 984, smooth. I also recently purchased another SP because mine got all messed up over the last year, and yet another similarity is that I also bought FFIV and the Castlevania double pack. I already had DoS:P

I highly recommend that you check out Lunar Legends. I actually liked it a lot more than the original. I also like Sigma Star Saga, it’s a little different from most RPGS, but in a good, actiony kind of way. You can never go wrong with finding Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, either. I don’t personally own it, but I played BN’s and it’s quite fun. Another goody is that there are a LOT of Zelda games for the GBA SP, as well as Metriod games. Those are some awesome nostalgia games, and great fun to play even if you never played them years ago and get no nostalgic feelings from them.

I lent it and all my games (since I didn’t really play it very much) to a friend of mine. It was then stolen by his room mate/local drug dealer when he left town to go to Illinois.

Anyway, I’m not really fond of Metroid and I actually think I’ve already played all the Zelda games on GBA so… eh :stuck_out_tongue: But Sigma Star Saga did look pretty interesting, but I already spent $170 today and didn’t really want to spend more plus I didn’t really know anything about it.

Well, I can’t help you with the cash, but I can help you with the “Don’t know anything about it”:stuck_out_tongue:

Sigma Star Saga takes place in the future, I don’t remember what year. Basically there’s an enemy known as the Krill that have attacked earth. You play as Lt. Rekker, a fighter pilot. You are put on a mission to infiltrate the Krill and learn the secrets of their new weapon.

As far as game mechanics, you still walk around and talk to people RPG style, but you can shoot things with your pistol. The random encounters are all done as dogfights in space ships, quite fun. They explain why in the game, and it makes sense. The coolest thing is that you get items to customize the gun on your ship, which rocks. It’s a really fun, and rather difficult at first, game.

Is it turn based or what?

SSS is another one of those games that combines genres. Exploring is like a normal RPG with some minor action elements. The random battles are shoot-em-up with RPG elements such as changing weapons and leveling.

I’d like to recommend Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for the GBA. They’re turn based strategy games. Very good if you are into that kind of game.

I just bought Fire Emblem and I haven’t had a chance to play it. My boyfriend has been playing it for about two days straight. >_< I wanna turn! At least, I got Dragon Quest VIII so I get something to play with for a bit.

He doesn’t like RPGs, but he loves Fire Emblem. That tells me it is a good game.

Harvest Moon! (just because I love it)

It’s not out until March, but Tales of Phantasia seems fun… I’ve got my preorder in already.

By the way, which color did you pick for your new SP?

Seconded. Friends of Mineral Town is by far the best Harvest Moon I ever played. Of course, the saga is a strong case of love-it-or-hate-it so if you don’t like Harvest Moon, this isn’t likely to change your mind.

If you loved it so much…WHY DON’T YOU PLAY BACK TO NATURE?

Isn’t BtN just the PS version of FoMT? And as long as we’re on the topic, I heard that Save the Homeland was a bit different from the rest, has anyone played this?

/me runs and hides.

You just wait until I say something about HM so that you can ask me about BtN, don’t you? :smiley:

SE: Yes, BtN and FoMT are almost alike. I haven’t played Save the Homeland, but in the game doesn’t the player only have a year to save the farm before someone comes along and takes it? Anyone know if I’m right or wrong?

Friends of Mineral Town is based entirely upon Back to Nature. They’re extremely similar but BtN has a few less things to do. No Cursed Tools and you can’t marry the Spring Goddess. Other then that they’re essentially the exact same except for minor lay out problems due to BtN being 3D and FoMT being 2D. Oh, and the festivals and events are different. BtN has better festivals and events.

And yes, Vicki. Every time I see you post about Harvest Moon I just HAVE to bring it up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, don’t forget the greenhouse in BtN. That’s something I’d love to have had in FoMT.

I chose Red for my USED GBASP :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought the retro GBA. Now I will never forget what a Nes controller looks like. I was so happy when I found a working one in a store! The last two I found had terrible problems with the screen.

Also, buy Kirby and the Amazing Mirror! Everything about this game is amazing. Especially the mirror.

I already had a GBA, and I bought one of the retro GBA SPs. They’re just so damn cool.

Old school, baby.

Yeah except I heard all the screens were fucked up. Stuck and or blown pixels all over the screen.