I guess this ties into homework...

K. I forgot some text-books for science back at school, and I have a lab-writeup due tommorow. So, I need information only given in the textbook to complete it.

I was wondering if there was a directory somewhere in the internet, with exact text of textbooks in Canada & United States. I just need a few points, and such.

Greatly appreciated.

I don’t know if you can find one, considering having the exact text of a textbook would be a serious violation. That, and I doubt anyone would copy it, most people don’t like textbooks.

Shit. That makes sense… but wouldn’t the company that made the textbook, have an internet version of it somewhere?

You could call somone.

Yes. Go to the publisher. Most major publishers have their books online, but some don’t actually have the direct text. Many have the same ideas, taught in a different way, to help you out if you don’t understand the book. Thats how my math book works.

Why not just do it in study hall? Or homeroom? Or maybe go back and get the book?

Devillion’s right. Do you know the name of the publisher of your book?

In some cases, entire chapter summaries for textbooks can be found online.

About phoning someone, I will try that now. But, I don’t think it’ll help. It’s kind of hard to remember 20 or so points by phone.

I don’t know the publisher name, but the book is called Science 10. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why not just do it in study hall? Or homeroom? Or maybe go back and get the book?

Study Hall? I don’t have access to my school currently. It being 9km away, and me not having car avaliability; makes it nearly impossible.

Why can’t you just have parents or friends drive you to school to pick it up?

I’m home alone currently. And it’s the worst day possible to be so. My parents went to the hospital. And, not many of my friends can drive.

Why not take the TTC? 8P

Yeah. At 6:00 PM, and taking an hour to get there? And an hour to get back? I still need time to write it up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, the school is most-likely closed. And no, before you ask, I’m not breaking in.

Also, I have to stay home anyways. I’m s’posed to be expecting a phonecall from the hospital.

This problem is easily solved man :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe posting about it isn’t the best first step.

Science 10 by Nelson?

I stole it from my school a bunch of years ago…

I probably have it around somewhere.

The cover has a frog on it, right?

Nightblade, yeah. :smiley:

Dev, I don’t see you hinting, or giving a solution that can actually work. :confused:

PM me what you need, and I’ll try to help.

It sure helps stealing text books, remember that kids.

Too lazy to make a PM. It’s too confusing.

It’s on Page 180, and it should be titled “Testing Properties of Substances”, or something to the like.

There should be a small section sub-topic’d: “Analyzing & Communications”, or something by the lines of that. I think there is 4 questions on it, not sure.

That’s what I need.

Analysis

b (dunno why there is no a), Which substances were soluble in water? Which were insoluble?

c, Which soluble substances were electrolytes? Which were nonelectrolytes?

d, What gas was produced when zinc and hydrochloric acid were mixed?

e, What gas was produced when calcium carbonate was added to hydrochloric acid solution?

f, Write up your investigation as a formal lab report.

Are you sure there is no A)? Maybe it’s on the previous page? Thanks NB! :smiley:

By the way, when I’m finished it, I’ll be happy you share it all with you. :DDDD

Yeah, a is nowhere to be found. Probably a mistake.

Okay. Thanks NB! Sorry to nag on, however, but I seem to have messed up the order of the substances recorded on the microtray. In the procedure section, there is a step, I believe it’s <b>3</b>, where it lists some of the substances you need to place in the microtray in number wells from 1 through 8. Do you have the order in the stolen textbook? It goes something like Sodium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Glucose, et cetera.

Actually, I think the order is:

Sodium Chloride
Calcium Carbonate
Calcium Chloride
Glucose
Sodium Bicarbonate
Copper Sulphate
Sodium Thiosulphate
Sucrose