I fucking hate Sony

But now I need to get a PS3;

" EGM’s rumor corner reported that Square Enix is indeed working on a PS3 version of Final Fantasy VII, with graphic enhancements like in FFVII: Advent Children"

-The Magic Box.

This has been going around since they showed that FFVII demo with PS3 graphics on E3. I’m not terribly wise on gaming news sources, is EGM reliable?

As much as I don’t like Ziff Davis as a company (that’s EGM’s publisher), EGM’s rumor column is accurate about 70% of the time. They don’t print something unless they’ve got an internal source somewhere.

Besides, EGM’s awesome cause it has Seanbaby in the back every month.

I think I’d get this, if it’s actually being made. I never actually played FF7 (it’s the only FF I’ve never played), and I’m planning on getting a PS3 anyway.

What’s Ziff Davis done, except steal FAQs from GameFAQs (if I recall, they were one of the guys that stole Kao Megura’s stuff)?

Just wanted to know.

I don’t really hate them, I’m just not a big fan of theirs. I’d rather pick up a ZD mag than a imagine media one any day. You just wont see me on a rooftop singing their praises.

Playstation is the only thing I really get from them. I don’t use Sony their TVs. Bad quality. If the PS3 is awesome, I might reconsider a little. 3 in a row gaming systems of top-notchness is a faith restorer.

If they expect to make money off of the PS3, they better tap the price down a bit. Some 450-500 US Dollars is a weeeeeee bit extreme. I could understand 345 or 399, but nearly half a thousand dollars just sounds ludacris. Just think of how much the games will cost.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

$59.99 is the agreed upon price point for games for all three of the new systems.

Sexy. I’ll think about getting a PS3 too. Graphic enhancements rock, they allowed me to play FF1 and 2 without crying (too much).

You go to hell and die.

I’ve still yet to play FFVII, but if I do get a PS3, I might check it out on it.

Isn’t that overkill though? That’s really gonna limit the number of games I buy for any next gen system I get. :frowning:

I already pay 60 euros for every new release, shut up :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just curious how the hell they’re gonna get the same return on production costs with this small a price raise. My guess is, they’re not :confused:

For the N64 (I don’t know other systems), new games were always like $50-65, so meh.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

New games on NES, SNES, and N64 were typically $59.99 - $79.99. The $49.99 price point was invented by PlayStation, and it’s one of the reasons why the system sold so well. It’s just going to be hard for the game manufacturers to go back and say “you remember when we said that it didn’t cost that much to make CD and DVD games? We were joking.”

I think the real laughing matter here is the fact that a PS3 costs 465 bucks.

I mean honestly, the fuck? I usually like to get on board the new system boat early, so i can work on dev for it, but Jesus H Christ, 465 dollars? Are you joking?

If i want to spend a metric-fuckton of money on a gaming system, i’ll buy a NeoGeo MVS or AES. There is no reason a dumbed down PC should cost 465 bucks.

Its suppose to be less than $370 in Japan, so it’ll more than likely be the same price as its predecessors here in the USA - $300.

Oh, and I doubt they’ll actually remake 7. There’s no need since the PS3 will play the original just fine.

Really? I heard 465 =(

The cost probably is $465. Sony’s probably just taking a hit on the hardware. Microsoft did it for a long time with the Xbox.