I feel like shit.

Try not to let it get to your head. Just chill and think it thorugh (even though it’s been said before)

>I’ve always had the feeling that keeping a grudge over a matter of money is really rather silly. Money can be gained back through work and effort- gaining back a relationship isn’t always so easy.

When you’re a kid, money shouldn’t be a problem. However…

I think things change a lot once you have to support yourself and especially once you have to support a family. Parents always say to their kids ‘You don’t know how to value money…’, but I guess the kids really don’t until they’ve had to do those things. Those of you on this board who have to buy games and stuff with your own money probably already understand it’s importance and can maybe sympathize with those who bear grudges because of money issues…

I’m sorry to hear this happned, Val. But I am certain that if you just dare to apologize to Julia, you can start pulling yourself over this wall. Just show that you really is sorry, and judging from your mood in the posts that shouldn’t be hard to prove, and she’ll forgive you, perhaps eventually but she will.

I’m kinda surprised no one mentioned this before, but be proactive…
Do something especially nice for your sister. As we all know, actions speak louder than words, if you can, find a way to treat her to something special and show her that you’re sorry.

Of course, you can’t buy love, but putting extra effort is always a step in the right direction.

Please, Val, calm down… Just take a deep breath and try to relax… The reason for that incident won’t be half as important as preventing this from happening again. I know how you feel. Sometimes, I got really angry with a few colleagues, and there was a time when one of them bothered me so much I just looked at him and left-hooked his nose. Please don’t fell like that… don’t allow yourself to be crushed by guilt. Just try to work things out. Until recently, I had so much rage within me, you wouldn’t believe it. I felt an urge to smash someone. Now that it’s all over, I know I shouldn’t have reacted like that. What you need to realize is that fights between siblings aren’t as rare as some people think. Clear your mind, then try to understand what happened. Then you’ll be able to come to terms with it. Your sister will probably talk to you again after a few days, then you can properly apologize and relax. Just try to stay calm… Everything will be fine, as long as you can make sure it won’t happen again.

I understand your upset Val but don’t dwell on it. That’s not the Val I know!

Okay, before I say anything else, I want to say this: Obadiah, don’t say “proactive”, it’s not even a real word. I mean, just “active” itself means the same thing.

\Anyway, I talked with Julia today, and she forgave me. She also explained to me exactly what happened that caused the incident, and now I’m rather embarrassed, so I won’t go into detail. So anyway, we’re back on good terms, and things should return to normal soon. So yay, me, I guess.

That’s very good to hear Val. I’m glad everything worked out for you.

Curtis- I’ve had to work for the money I’ve had and have to pay for my own stuff for years now. I know what it’s like, and I still think money isn’t something to hold grudges over.

I’m glad to see that things are getting better!:smiley:

Depends on how much money. If it’s less than $100, then nah, it’s probably not a big deal, but anything over $100 then you can be mad at somebody for. Anything greater than $500 you can be mad at for an extended amount of time, and anything greater than $1000, then you’ve got the right to bitch and moan about it.

Originally posted by Obadiah
[b]I’m kinda surprised no one mentioned this before, but be proactive…
Do something especially nice for your sister. As we all know, actions speak louder than words, if you can, find a way to treat her to something special and show her that you’re sorry.

Of course, you can’t buy love, but putting extra effort is always a step in the right direction. [/b]

I hate to say it, but if it looked forced that could have made things worse.

I’ve no idea what it’s like to hurt someone you actually love that way. I’ve been at odds with my father for a goodly portion of my life, at least the past five years, perhaps more, but I can’t concieve of what Val must be feeling.

So much easier to hurt the ones you hate.

It’s good that your sister let it go, Val. She must be a hell of a woman.

Originally posted by Kraken
It’s good that your sister let it go, Val. She must be a hell of a woman.

Ya damn right. She’s my better in every possible way, save for writing.

So now you can reclaim your former title, right?:smiley:
(Stop giving me that weird look, people… I’m just being polite to the lady…)

Kagon - Yes, but things still change when you have to support a family, and like Sorcerer pointed out the amount of money matters a lot as well. My dad didn’t speak to his sister for almost 10 years because she wouldn’t share an inheritance that was worth more than half a million dollars. When you have a mortgage on a house, loans for cars, and loans for college educations, money will unfortunately seem a lot more important and you’ll realize grimly that there isn’t always enough time to earn the money you need through work and effort. Most adults take money matters extremely seriously.

Try thinking it through as to why you hit your sister, Val. Then, sit down with her and talk to her. That’s all I really have to say on this; the others said pretty much the same.

EDIT: Oops, should have checked the third page. :stuck_out_tongue: Well, I’m glad to hear everything worked out.

Man OFX, at least pretend to have read the thread before you post :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm… reminds me of my fight with my brother. He ticked me off and I exploded on him like fire. He wasn’t THAT badly hurt and I was just fine. But that wasn’t my concern… he ended up in the hospitle like three weeks afterwards and I thought it as my fault. No more problems cause I gusse he learned his lesson.

Val, whatever the reason was, you mustin be too hard on your self. Trust me. I’ve learned that some siblings can sometimes get to the point where you beat the living crap outa them. Maybe you were just having a bad day or whatever the reason was, I’m sure you didn’t mean too. ^^. I don’t know what it is like at home for you but, being an older sister is tuff and I know how yu feel. Forget about it and try to apologise to your sister. I’m sure things well work out. ^^

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Man OFX, at least pretend to have read the thread before you post :stuck_out_tongue:

Quiet, you. :stuck_out_tongue:

well, i’m also glad everything worked out, val. let’s hope this doesn’t happen again…

Sorcerer: I think there’s quite a few people here who know that I’m Val’s closest friend in the board (by her own admittance) or that have noticed I ALWAYS post when things like this happen to her. You’re obviously not one of those people; so, remember it for the next time.

Val: I’m glad that things worked out; I expected them to, but maybe not so quickly. Yeah, Julia’s a hell of a sister, so count yourself lucky that you got her. Remember, things like these are UNAVOIDABLE… even I hit my sisters when I was growing up- and ALWAYS felt terrible afterwards- and always made up later. So, if it happens again, have some faith that you’ll work things out. Tho’ I KNOW you’ll try your hardest to avoid that from happening again. Best wishes to you both.