I am very sad!

My parents often tell me I’ll get eye strain from playing RPGs so much, then force me to come off the PS2 (usually BEFORE I can find a save point!) and make me watch TV! I mean…wtf? Where’s the damn logic? 0_o

Originally posted by Lady Shadowz
My parents often tell me I’ll get eye strain from playing RPGs so much, then force me to come off the PS2 (usually BEFORE I can find a save point!) and make me watch TV! I mean…wtf? Where’s the damn logic? 0_o

If anything TV causes the eye strain the most and with RPGs you use your mind instad of watching TV like a Zombie and RPGs help you learn to read which is always good too :wave: So in a way its a lesson outside of school

Yeah…shame my parents don’t think so. Oh well, they just do the usual parents rubbish, you know the whole ‘disrespectful problem teenagers, blah blah blah’ stuff. I try to convince them, but they don’t believe me…:frowning:

:wave: Hey People do what I do! play for say about 2 hours and take a break for about 20 mins. and you just keep the game on :wave: thats what I do and it take the srtain off your eyes too I am so smart S-M-A-R-T hehehe (note im in a odd mood I do that)

I very rarely play games for two hours straight. O_o Maybe when I first buy one, but that’s about it. I usually don’t have two hours straight to play.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
I very rarely play games for two hours straight. O_o Maybe when I first buy one, but that’s about it. I usually don’t have two hours straight to play.

NOT to be rude but THATS WHAT I DO well sometimes not for 2 hours sometimes 1.5 hours or even 3 hours. I normally dont keep track of how long I play but hey who says Im right?

I sat for 4 hours Saturday playing FFX (I only got my memory card on Monday). Did I care about the headache I had from staring at the screen so long? Nope. Did I care about having hand cramps from using the controller? No. What I was most concerned about was how my butt went so numb sittin on my bedroom floor! Ouch! The pains I suffer for the ps2…lol :slight_smile:

I sat for 4 hours Saturday playing FFX (I only got my memory card on Monday). Did I care about the headache I had from staring at the screen so long? Nope. Did I care about having hand cramps from using the controller? No. What I was most concerned about was how my butt went so numb sittin on my bedroom floor! Ouch! The pains I suffer for the ps2…lol :slight_smile:

Oh the things we must give up to play games :slight_smile: :slight_smile: lol and get a pillow for your @$$ too

I stole the desk chair from my brother’s room to solve the problems. :slight_smile: Lol, but thanks for the advice anyways!

I sat for 4 hours Saturday playing FFX (I only got my memory card on Monday). Did I care about the headache I had from staring at the screen so long? Nope. Did I care about having hand cramps from using the controller? No. What I was most concerned about was how my butt went so numb sittin on my bedroom floor! Ouch! The pains I suffer for the ps2…lol

That sounds a bit like something girls face every 28 days.

I can play games about 7 hours straight and not feel a thing.Mind you, if I look at anything other than the screen, the walls seem to be moving and I always walk into my desk when I stand up.That’s usually in reference to my computer because I’m enjoying all my old favorite SNES classics on there.But in my bedroom, I’m fine, I can go for a good 9-10 hours, I think that is my record when I played Suikoden for the second time awhile ago…only happened that once though:thud:

I stole the desk chair from my brother’s room to solve the problems. :slight_smile: Lol, but thanks for the advice anyways!

Dont you love Brothers :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: yourwelcome

Remember I’m a pretty new gamer. I’m working my way up. It’s the first time I sat that long before…before that, my record was just 2 1/2 hours…pathetic, I know. My friend once stayed up most of the night playing Devil May Cry, only realising it was about 3 in the morning when her mum came in and told her to get to bed!

Yes, JC, I do love brothers, so useful to steal things from! :wink: lol :slight_smile:

So what? I bet when i’m 23, i’ll still be playing games. Besides, it must be nice to feel superior to all us little kids.

Hey on my old bed I almost had my very own @$$ groove at the foot of it. I pulled a few all nighters myself playing games hehe my dads like “Sure go for it but you go to bed the niext moring BEFORE your Mother gets home” now hows that for a parent!

Wow…I wish my parents were like that! My mum’s still opposed to my having a PS2, claiming I’ll ‘grow out of it’ coughYEAHRIGHTcough, although my dad doesn’t mind. Unfortunately, I share a room with a younger sibling, so I don’t get to play it much at night. :frowning:

You know what I hate? When I play a game while laying on my bed, I tend to lean on my right shoulder. After a while, it gets sore & numb. But that’s the price I pay.

I get carpet marks when I lie there and lean on my elbows. >_< Ouch. And my fingers cramping up ain’t too nice! Luckily, I now finally have a ps2 memory card, and so I can take breaks! Yippee! does a victory dance :hyperven:

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
GG, you realize how much a vanity plate costs? I’d rather just go with a government-issued license plate.

true. i want to get a vanity plate when i can drive, but i’ll never be able to afford one.

Originally posted by Cloud Strife X
You know what I hate? When I play a game while laying on my bed, I tend to lean on my right shoulder. After a while, it gets sore & numb. But that’s the price I pay.
I know… but for me it’s always left. I’m a lefty anyways.

Personal record for gaming without breaks: Like 6 years ago, when I first rented SimAnt, I spent about 11 hours straight playing. Gotta love Saturdays.