How long before RPGC dies out?

Shiiiiiit, I have a job, all I’d have to do is convince my mom to let me send so much every month >>;

Steve is trying to usurp the throne! :open_mouth:

I refuse to discuss such a depressing subject…

The site will last as long as there’s an admin to keep it going. Just like any other site.

And why the negativity, Gallo? Been watching The Sopranos?

I watch from the shadows more than take direct part nowadays, but I’d say a few years.

old soldiers never die; they just fade away.

<CENTER>As for the land of RPGC, it exists,
Yet only in the memory of a single person.
That of she who dreams every day,
For the past she was denied.
Here our traveler finds himself,
Unknowingly in the land of the dead.
A wrinkle in the fabric of the past,
He throws precarious balance into disorder.
It all seems so familiar now,
Watch out for the Land of the Dead.</CENTER>

Oh oh oh! I can be artsy like GM too!

<center>This is the way the website ends
This is the way the website ends
This is the way the website ends
Not with a bang but a whimper</center>

After seeing TGL(team gwai lo) go down a few years ago, im not sure any ‘community’ can stay up forever. That place was like RPGC too, tons of people, a tightnit community, meetups all the time, and it died overnight.

I think if RPGC does die, it would be when the ‘regulars’ leave. The forum will lose that closeness that i think is the reason most people stay.

But so long as someone kept the domain name registered, and the site in order, im sure there would be a renaissance, like a few years down the road an old regular comes back “just for fun” and ends up staying, and starting a dominoe effect.

Note to Wil: I don’t have HBO. Please don’t mention the Sopranos again. It doesn’t even sound like my kind of show.

And as for the negativity, I’m just worried. A few years back, the site was being updated practically everyday. Now it’s only updated a few times a week, and even those are the usual updates (polls, excuses for the now-criminally-unfunny mailbag being delayed, constant server problem updates, etc.). That, and I worry that I’ll still be a fanfiction writer when the site dies, forcing me to either give up my work or go to the evil land known as fanfiction.net.

That, and I love you guys (except for Hades; you can go to hell). gives everyone but Hades a hug, and is immediately killed for no good reason

MacArthur said that if I recall corectly.

Hey, jackass. Last I checked you had serious problems with “teh funny” as well. You try and be witty to some crudely written replies from random people, I can guarantee you that you’ll find it quite hard to come up with something good, especially given your usual problems with it.

You just lost your hug, TD. hugs everyone but TD and Hades, and gets killed again for no good reason

I can see why the Mailbag is unfunny, because it’s hard to think up cool topics that offer a lot of hilarity.

And if you’re worried about still being a fanfiction writer if and when the site closes, then just move on to real literature and start writing full fiction. I don’t see the problem.

d, ffnet isn’t so bad. Just never, EVER, read anything by other authors. Actually just don’t even look at the pages. Post your stories and use e-mail to read your reviews. Or quit like I did. or would, if Weiila let me :frowning:

RPGC has a few years of life left in it.

Well, I hope that this site will last for many, many years to come, as long as there is will to stay here in the hearts of the people. I love this place, and the people here drags everyone into a big grouphug

I’d go for the zombie alternative…

I’m definately starting to feel like one…
I’m filling some of the criteria already…

No drooling, so I can skip that one.
I do stare blankly into space quite often.
Even if I don’t grunt, my speech is sort of unintelligble.
And I am starting to smell like one too (damn heat :P)

So either that or my friends are turning me into a raver :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, I’m sure Weiila has enough of a fanfiction library that she could probably open her own site if she wanted too.

sniff you really love me.

sniff no one has ever told me that before.

starts crying happy tears.

i would never want to see this site die.

its like a family member to me.

:moogle:

Exactly. Until you can put out a better version, quit your bitching about it whenever you get the chance, it’s really annoying. When people lay out considerable chunks of their time to try to make a few people laugh based off constantly low amounts of replies and negative feedback from assholes like you, it kills motivation to do work. How would you like if it I insulted every single one of your fanfics. It’d piss you off too I’m sure. So cool your really pathetic attempt at a badass attitude by dissing the mailbag. It’s really juvenile.