How do you say "Sephiroth"?

“Air-Ith”?

I believe it’s “ah-eh-rith” (but without the half-stop between vowels).

I still think ‘Aeris’ is a cooler spelling than ‘Aerith’. >_>

I like Aeris as opposed to Aerith, because if you pronounce it using classical Latin pronounciation, it becomes Iris, and you’ve got a pretty little play on words.
Edit: Well, if you screw around with the pronounciation it works. Doesn’t matter, never mind.

And I pronounce Sephiroth as: sef-ih-roth.

where did the “Aerith” spelling come from? I only see references to it online. As to Sephiroth, I go by the pronunciation in OWA.

I belive Aerith was how her name was pronouced in Japanese.

I like Aeris much better anyway…Aerith sounds like something someone with a lisp would say.

They changed Aeris’s name to Aerith in FFT and KH. Her name was Aerith in the Jap version of FF7 anyway… and I believe Aeris sounds much better~ I’m not sure if I pronounced it correctly but… I think it’s something like “Air-ris”…

EDIT: What the…!? GG Crono 4 posted similar info 2 minutes before me…darn!!

I too like Aeris(air-ees) better than Aerith. But as for the pronunciation of Aerith… Japanese r’s are L’s…

“Air-Iff” - or “Flower Girl”

BN

Born_Loser: It’s actually the other way around; L’s become R’s. Although the Japanese R isn’t the soft R of English-speakers; it’s actually pronounced using the tongue. So it’s kind of a cross between L and R.

Well…

I pronounce Sephiroth the same way as they do in the song…

And as for Aeris…

She’s dead, I don’t have to pronounce her name that often :stuck_out_tongue:

I say it like Se-fear-ith

Man, so THATS how you pronounce Sephiroth… I was always pronouncing it:

“Oh sweet GOD! Please not the face!!! WAAAAH!!!”

But thats just me.

del

man, that’s confused me for ages. i used to say it like, se-fire-oth, but then i realised that just sounds stupid so started saying his name like, se-phe-roth.

i pronounce it Sep-er-oth (Sephiroth)

Seff-ih-roth

Accents will account for different pronunciations. Just listen to Spanish broadcasts of American or English sporting events.

Hmm her name is spelled and pronounced AERIS, in the German version…

Someone said Sephiroth should Sephiloth, based on the Japanese pronunciation; the truth is, neither “r” nor “l” is the sound being made. In this case it’d be closer to “r”. I’m not sure where people get the idea that Aeris is Aerith in the Japanese version. There’s no “th” sound in Japanese. Sephiroth is probably written as “sefirosu” and Aeris as “aerisu.”

The Japanese pronunciation won’t tell you what Square really had in mind either: I read that Sephiroth is a Hebrew word, something to do with ancient Hebrew mysticism. If you want to know how to pronounce it, I’m sure you can find out.

I guess the mythology says that Sephiroth is the power which created the world ( i heard something like that, may be wrong)