How cool are your parents?

My mom’s pretty cool, she and I have a lot in common, she’s not all that fond off video games, but she’s glad that I’ve found something I’m good at, and she sometimes finds herself getting involved in the storylines.

My dad, however, not cool, all he does is complain about how my room is a mess and about my grades, not to mention the fact that he is against ALL video games.

well, my mom randomly kicks me out, and thinks RPG’s are evil. I don’t smoke, do pot, or get drunk so the only reason she kick me out have the time is because I like guys and girls, not just guys, so she thinks she can kick me out because we don’t agree. She can be fun at times though but thats rare.

Yeah, well, my mom kicks me out sometimes even though I don’t do booze or drugs.

All I do is fuck sheep. Even then, only once a week, tops. Is that so wrong?

My father has a first-rate sense of humor. We always seem to make each other laugh, and I can’t remember the last time we fought. Too bad he lives in Alabama… ;_;

My mother can be a bit strict at times, but she’s still pretty cool. She likes the same videogames I do(especially the Dynasty Warriors games), has introduced me to many of the things I enjoy, and I seem to act more like her most of the time. She ALWAYS takes the sides of my friends, though…

I’ve never been kicked out. I’ve walked out before, but that was just for a few hours - the longest I ever walked out, I was 11 and my dad was being a prick so I left for about 8 hours. I found a bus stop and went to a mall and hung out with friends until it closed, then I just wandered around with friends until I ended up just going home.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
[b]I’ve never been kicked out. I’ve walked out before, but that was just for a few hours - the longest I ever walked out, I was 11 and my dad was being a prick so I left for about 8 hours. I found a bus stop and went to a mall and hung out with friends until it closed, then I just wandered around with friends until I ended up just going home.

I’ve never been kicked out. I’ve walked out before, but that was just for a few hours - the longest I ever walked out, I was 11 and my dad was being a prick so I left for about 8 hours. I found a bus stop and went to a mall and hung out with friends until it closed, then I just wandered around with friends until I ended up just going home. [/b]

Jeeze how stoned are you? :stuck_out_tongue:

My parents are alright. They’re different than other parents, and they tend to let me get away with a lot of stuff. My mom is a good mom, but she’s not really right… mentally… so it can be very difficult at times to deal with her, but she’s fine now. My dad is really cool, actually. He’s pretty relaxed, and I bet if I was just living with him, I could probably do anything I wanted, as long as it doesn’t hurt me or him, or destroy the house. They’re kind of similar to me, as I’ve noticed, but I guess that’s because I’m a hybrid of my parents… everyone is, if you look at it that way.

I’ve never gotten kicked out, just told to leave when she has people over…

My mom doesn’t get angry often, but when she does… :hyperven:

Uh, I’m sober at the moment, why do you ask?

You typed the same paragraph twice.

That I did.

I guess I double clicked the send button because I did that the other day, only I clicked it three times. That hack on the boards that adds onto your last message within 20 minutes of your last message (if your the last post) is what did that instead of me accidenatally posting twice.

So meh. But that does look funky lol.

Yeah I was kind of joking, it just looked pretty funny with the exact thing twice, in one post.

My mom plays MvsC sometimes.

And she keeps me entertained, her hypocritality is hysterical, she says one thing than does the other

I think that I have a very good relationship with my parents, and we love each other very much. My parents were always nice and fair to me, and I have always been thankful that they were my parents first. I know that some of you probably really enjoy having parents who are more like your adult friends than anything else, but I feel like if they had tried to be that way with me they would have been shortchanging me. That probably doesn’t make a lot of sense when I say it, but at least I know what it means, lol. Maybe it’s that I got to know them in different ways as I matured and learned to be able to do that.

I love both of my parents equally, but I’m closer to my mom. As I’ve grown up, she’s become more than my mother. She really is my very best friend and the person I try to be most like. Every once in a while, someone who knows both of us well has said something to me along the lines of how I was definitely my mother’s child, and that’s one of the greatest compliments someone could ever give me, no matter how that person said it.

Woah, Lotsa replies. I didnt think anyone would really take notice of this thread. I supposed It’s my turn anyways.

My mother and I get along great when it comes to non-computer things. She suggest books I should read, and the like, and she doesn’t really think much of my RPGs or anything. She’s like a real good friend…the kind that is sometimes a little stupid :stuck_out_tongue:

My father is an accountant; He would always help me with homework, and would always encourage me when I do well.

On the whole, I believe my parents are pretty cool, even if they would join in on a game of D&D :stuck_out_tongue:

My dad is cooler than I am.

A lot of my musical taste comes from borrowing his record collection (The Ramones, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, he was the one who introduced me to all that).

He also got me turned on (via PBS) to a lot of classic TV comedy, particularly british comedy (Monty Python, Blackadder, stuff that I’ve always enjoyed).

When I was younger, especially, he would dabble in the occasional video game with me, usually sports related. And interestingnly enough, he ended up playing GTA3 BEFORE I did. I still hang out with him and watch/talk baseball & football (which was always a major avenue for our bonding).

I pattern myself after him a lot, and I consider him a good role model.

My Mom is very smart and I admire her in many ways (I think a lot of my quick wit and fondness for sarcasm and humorous wordplay stems from her) though personality-wise I think we butt heads a lot, especially in the last year or so.

Yeah, they’re cool people.

My dad is a preist, and forced me to go to church 'till I was big enough (14) to tell him not to, his bad tactics resuting in my arisal as the only Communist in Warrington, England. He introduced me to Monty Python and Queen though, so I’ll forgive him that.

They are the very idiom of ‘uncool’, and in opposition of all things me.

Seriously, they’re ignorant bastards. Not much more to say about them than that. They don’t seem to like anything I do, and if they do, they’d stop liking it the moment they got around to knowing that I like it.
That should be enough said about them. Hopefully you’ll understand the imporant things: That I hate them, and that they hate me. That goes for all of my family, save my aunt. Step-family mind you, I don’t really know my real family.

My mom is severly suffering a mid-life crisis. The worst part is, she is dominated by MTV, eminem, the Osbournes, new pop-rock shit, she’s starting to become the very idealistic view of “prep-dom” I have always despised. And I’m starting to think she doesn’t care much about what I do in my future so long as I just can stand on my own two feet.

My dad (divorced now) has become a bit more selfish over the years and thinks that anything he does around his trailer and the lot around it is the best fucking thing to talk about in the world for hours on end. And he does support my music cause, yet he’s hardly heard anything.

As much as I have more criticism to them than optimissim, they still support me into getting into college, and won’t competely do anything to get me into a fix.

Which is why I can’t wait to fucking leave my hometown for good.

And Nul, while they ain’t my parents, I know EXACTLY how you feel about that shit.

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
…He also got me turned on (via PBS)…

That part scared me.