Hiya, I am new.

Hey everyone. I was Googling RPG sites and stumbled upon this one. Just thought I would check it out and see if its what I am looking for =)

So a little bit about myself:
I am The Mojo
I am 20 years old and live in Northern California.
I have a boyfriend that I have been with for over three years and have known him for seven. He is the man I plan on marrying.
I am a HUGE nerd.
I am obsessed with animals, both real and mythological, and nature.
I play all sorts of video games, like World of Warcraft.
I am also into things like Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and Warhammer.
I have been role-playing for about six years or so. Over that time I have developed between 70-80 characters. I like to switch it up ^^
I am a member of the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism.)
I do some modeling for fun and am getting into photography as well.
What I want to do for my career is web page design though.
Myspace: www.myspace.com/simply_mojo

Well I think thats about it for now =D

(Hopefully this is the right place to post this thread.)

I can tell you are well on your way to designing professional websites

Welcome to the forums

Awe, thanks!!!

You play D&D, eh? I think 4th ed is the antichrist. How about you?

Also- what brings you to this wasteland? :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to RPGC. Now make me a sandwich :3

Welcome, happy . . . whatever it is we do here :stuck_out_tongue:

not another

You are a big nerd AND a beautiful model?? Does… Not… Compute! fizzle

Anyway, assuming you’re a real new member and not a joke by one of our other imaginative members: Welcome, Mojo! digs up his standard welcome speech

“Do not take anything said here seriously, ever, unless said by a Mod (and sometimes not even then.)”

“Check out our other boards, we are not just about RPGs.”

“Hope you have fun!”

:wave: :slight_smile:

PS: GAP, what is about 4th Ed. that you don’t like? (Note: I haven’t played D&D since the third edition.)

Wil: They took out a lot of the customization that was prevalent in 3.5 and turned it into MMO-style “pick from 15 different identical skills.” Furthermore, it’s almost impossible to play without miniatures (when I played, we used chess pieces instead). It’s a pain for the DM, because you can’t really make encounters on the fly.

This review cites a lot of the reasons I don’t like 4th edition: http://www.gamegrene.com/node/939

Usual welcomes aside, welcome!
Chances are, you’ll fit in the mix of everyone here…

Besides, if this was a joke, it’s rather elaborate, ja?

When I went to your myspace and Dragostea Din Tei started playing as I took a gander at <a href=“http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/Simply_Mojo/hatchetstyle.jpg”>this picture</a>, I knew I was dealing with someone highly intellectual.

I’m guessing your boyfriend either doesn’t actually exist, or doesn’t give you enough attention. The only reason girls usually come here is to be hit on by wannabe white knights. The ones who don’t end up being guys, anyway. Have fun.

But there aren’t any white knights anymore, Hades. We’re all douchebags. =\

I rest my case.

That’s an awesome nickname for him, Hades.

Seconded. I motion that Wil changes his name :stuck_out_tongue:

That is sweet!

We will probably get along.

What sort of modeling? Fashion, photography, sitting for a drawing or painting, etc.? Or, since it’s just for fun, just about anything?

I don’t think 4E is as bad as everyone else seems to. New editions always seem all wonky and shitty when they come out (were your friends as pissed as mine when 3E came out and there was no THAC0 anymore?), but generally get better as they go.
4E Core, I’ll admit, made some bad calls (worse than 3(.5)E did, definitely), but nothing that can’t be fixed with a little homebrew; Dragonborn are lame as hell, but calling them Lizardfolk solves the poorly conceived attempt to market at fankids who want to play a Dragon. It’s not beyond hope. It has its upsides, too, like being reasonably well-balanced, especially compared to the past couple editions, where casters dominated to various degrees.

It’s not that much worse from pre-splatsplosion third edition, though. People look back on the customization possible with feats with rose-coloured glasses. Like, 3/4 of core feats weren’t really worth taking as any class. The basic choices were “be a walking deus ex machina in one of these four ways, which are very similar,” (wizard, sorcerer, cleric, druid), or “have some skills that do the shit they do but not as well.” The skills were still pretty close, and far less balanced, until splatbooks started to make things interesting, if even more unbalanced.
I largely agree with you, I’m just playing devil’s advocate since I don’t think it’s that bad and you said you liked to argue. =P

This same complaint was made about third edition, though.

Choose your own adventure half-joking arguments against Hades!!!

1. Hades, you seriously do seem to get mad basically anytime someone else (except, admittedly, Pirates) gets any attention, of late. Are you wonewy? Are the Canadians not letting you play their reindeer games because you don’t like Avril Lavigne and Sum 41 the way they do? (if you chose this argument, go to Canada, you pussy)
  2. I prefer the term “Cracka Knight.” (If you chose this response, go to Brown University, you ironic hipster douchebag)
  3. You’re the only one this white knight is hitting on, you sexy Wolverthing. (If you chose this response, go die, like all other romantic interests of Wolverine, to keep the angst up in his comic)
  4. Fuck you, I’m a black night. (If you chose this response, go to Hell, you tr00 br00tal gr!m kvlt tyrant)
  5. I heard you don’t like bars, and obviously don’t like the internet, so I have some advice; meet women in KFCs. It is how I am a certified sex machine. (If you chose this response, go to KFC, Setz.)
  6. I sniff think your forumisogyny stems sniff from a poor sniff relationship sniff with your mother. (If you chose this answer, go to rehab, Freud.)

I am more about 3.5 but I’m still going to try out 4. What we’ll do with our campaigns is bring in things from both 3.5 and 4.
As I stated before I am here looking for an RP community and thought I would see what this place is like.

Em…no thanks. Only my hubby and friends get that privilege :wink: I do make amazing sandwiches though, lol.

Thank you Edenna! =p

Another what? O.o

Do people seriously think I’m fake? That makes me feel wanted…
Thanks for the welcome though. I will try not to take people to seriously, but that is one of my issues.

Thank you =)
No. This is not a joke…

I certainly hope you are being sarcastic. Otherwise you have a shitty way of welcoming people.
So what if I listen to foreign music, am a Juggalette, and very sexual person whos not afraid to express it? I’m not known as “The Mojo” for no reason…
You’re assumptions are ridiculous and couldn’t be farther from the truth.

A. I am a girl, I was born with a pussy. Get it through your thick, naive skulls.
B. I am IN LOVE with my boyfriend and he is just as real as I am. Not to mention he treats me wonderfully.
C. I am not here for cybersex. I am here to have fun and be creative along with possibly making some “friends.”

If you really think I made a fake Myspace and went to all this trouble to do…what? Then you are dumb and need to get over yourself. Girls do exist, even if you haven’t encountered one.
Have fun believing whatever bullshit you want.

When it comes to my modeling I do fine art, fashion, and commercial. I have done a little bit of glamour but I pretty much stay away from that, lingerie, implied nudes, and nudes. I have never gotten the chance to be drawn or painted yet. I am currently waiting for an artist to do my portrait though. If you don’t want to look through all my pictures from shoots that are on my Myspace, you can get a sample by going to my Model Mayhem portfolio: http://www.modelmayhem.com/743944

here let me creepily talk to you brb

haha holy shit icp
i’m so sorry for your loss

it’s a trap