Hiya, I am new.

The actual roleplaying scene here, honestly, is quite limited. It involves a very few people who are committed, a bunch of people who make illiterate posts once and don’t do anything again, and I’m displeased by the similarity of a lot of the involved characters. I usually try and participate and help keep it going, but I’ve been fucking murdered with work this semester, so it hasn’t been working out.

Wil was just kidding around; we had a few long-time members who were pretending to be girls, and got pretty elaborate about it, and it’s been a running joke since. Hades is probably dead serious, though.

As someone who went to an art school, and ended up sitting for a couple paintings, it’s honestly not necessarily a good experience. It involves sitting still for far longer than its even physically pleasant, and the huge amount of time is just as likely to lead to a bad product as any quick camera shot at a photo shoot. It can be incredibly unsatisfying to have spent hours upon hours sitting for this only to have it turn out sub-par. That said, if someone can do a cool painting of you, it’s probably incredibly awesome. Being drawn, on the other hand, is way less hassle, so way more fun. My campus job this semester is actually being one of the figure models for VA classes.

Arac: I keep thinking I’m going to start up something in the roleplaying forums, but every time I do I get distracted by something else. Last time it was my ex (well, she wasn’t my ex then), before that it was college… blah blah blah. I’m seriously thinking of starting a serious one. For serious.

As for 4th ed, I can understand why you think I might just be reacting, but I don’t think that I am. I played it for a few months, and hated it.

Also, I NEVER liked THAC0.

Mojo: Don’t take things people say here too seriously. Wil’s a nice guy, he doesn’t really think you’re fake. Hades fucks with everybody. It’s just what he does. If Hades wasn’t doing what he does best, I’d probably send him a PM asking if he was sick, or something. :-p

I don’t think your myspace is fake. That’s why I’m scared.

Really? I still like THAC0. It’s not really any different from Attack Bonus, so I didn’t mind the change, but I thought calling it THAC0 and the counter-intuitive lower-is-better system was fun in a silly way.
I didn’t mean that people were just reacting, I mean that it takes a new edition a while to get off the ground, so the last one which was established and developed will seem better.

Okay then…you have fun with that…by yourself.

Scratches head.

That’s a shame to hear. I will still probably try to start an RP and see if I have any luck.
People still shouldn’t jump to conclusions…Also joking or not, it isn’t exactly the best way to react to a new member.
Hmm, I am actually pretty good at staying still for a long period of time. I don’t think I will ever have that opportunity though.

I don’t see why it matters so much anyways. I am here to RP. Who cares if I’m a guy or a girl?
Sighs. I can already taste the drama.

Okay…that makes…sense?

Yeah, Arac. I have a -10 AC but I’m bringing it up to 10 so you can “hit” me. :wink: Yeah, baby. I want you to duel class my rogue. That’s right you fucking human. Take levels in mage after level five! AH SHIT! That feels good!*

*I have no idea why I thought this would amuse me, but it did.

EDIT: There’s like… NO drama. Anybody that would have caused drama is pretty much gone. Pretty much Hades argues with everybody about everything, but that’s the extent of “drama” that’s here. Now if you want drama, look up Setz. THAT was some (unintentionally) hilarious shit!

I love how Setz has actually replaced Jim in reference to drama. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, that’s insane controlling drama. I’m more talking stupid/funny drama. Also, ShaheenJim was before my time- I came in on the EZboards.

My original post was more of an insult to the guys here than to her. I don’t even really know why she took offense :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah okay there bud, I agree with people a lot more than I disagree.

Almost every point people make you disagree with, to the point of even contradicting yourself! I swear if somebody posted “Hades is awesome, I’m going to send him five hundred dollars” you’d argue that, in fact, you were a horrible person and that you should be paying them.

Hey, the more people the better. I’m at the absolutely most work ruining my life stage of the year, right now, but I’ll still try and post when I can. We treat new members basically the way we treat each other.
Nobody really cares if you’re male or female, they’re just making continuity jokes to events in the past. I cannot imagine there will be any drama unless you begin it. With the exception of Hades (look at his user title), nobody’s been remotely upset.

steve, long time no see, what’s up? I used that “Claudio sees what you did there,” picture you posted the other day on another message board.

(Haha, Hades is fucked in this argument.)

I AM a horrible person. My first response to her was that she was an attention whore with a horribly contrived and generic myspace that reeked of sub-mainstream hipsterism. I don’t know if she caught on, but if you think I’m some kind of nice guy, you’re a moron, and if someone told me I was an ass, I’d agree with that.

I am starting to think this isn’t the kind of place I want to be…

Well, you ARE an asshat.

If I met you in person you would get a shovel to the face.

What? How am I an asshat? Admitting my flaws is the LEAST assholeish thing anyone could ever possibly do. I don’t even fucking know where you’re coming from. I’m a great guy!

Now, Hades, would a NICE guy have someone threaten them with a shovel to the face? The evidence seems to point to being a rear end in a top hat. =\

I disagree, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. I show my kindness with honesty. That’s what makes me an ass.

Could you explain the finer points of “ass” and “asshat” so you can distinguish why you are a nice ass, but not an asshat?