Hey yo, question about FFX-2 (maybe spoilers)

All right, I have yet to play this game, but from what I hear when you finish the game, you get a sort of completeness rating based on what you did. What I’m wondering since I plan to get this soon is after you finish the game and get an unsatisfactory rating, must you start the game over from scratch to try to increase it?

The game keeps track of your completeness score all the time, not just at the end. The game has an ending in Three parts; if you finish the game WITHOUT pressing the X button during the last scene (in the Farplane ) you get the Normal Ending. If you DID push X, you get THAT scene PLUS another- that’s known as the “Good Ending”; IF you succeeded in getting a 100% score (which requires you do to a ZILLION things) -_- You get an even BETTER scene at the end (AGAIN, if you press X- Am I pointing that out enough?) which is known as the “Perfect Ending”.

Note, apparently, when you finish the game, THEN start another, your score from the original carries over, making it easier to get 100% the second time. I hope so!!

As for WHAT these scenes are about… I don’t know yet, and I wouldn’t tell if I did. (However, considering that the whole POINT of the game is Yuna’s Search for Tidus, I’ll bet it’s not that hard to guess.) : )

Um… I have to ask - when am I supposed to press the X button? Is it just anytime during the ending before the Ending, or is there a specific moment when I must do it?

I finished once already with 57%, so I have plenty of room for improvement and two more endings to see.

You have to press the X button during the sequence RIGHT AFTER defeating the Final Boss, which takes place in the Farplane . IMPORTANT NOTE: You also had to press X during the game, when Yuna first falls into the Farplane . FOUR TIMES before THAT scene ends! (is this like, one of THOUGHEST Secret Endings to get, Ever??) >_<

And yes, there’s something that happens onscreen that tells you you hit the button on time… but telling you all what it is would be a DEAD giveaway! :mwahaha:

if you don’t get the ending you wanted after you beat there’s a new game+ thing as in CT and CC. so the second time you’ll be able to do the stuff you missed before.

Thanks Wil, I really wanted the game spoiled for me considering I said I haven’t played it yet.

Yeah… considering how many spoiler tags you used in the main forum, I’m surprised you didn’t use any here. -_- That was tasteless.

Aaaah, I never knew about that.

How long is the game ?

Sohee: I have not ruined the game for you- trust me, I pointed out only things you HAD to know if you wanted the Special Endings- things the game itself DOES NOT CLUE YOU INTO and thereby, you would never find out except thru posts like these. (honestly, X2 is starting to tick me off with all its Dirty Tricks.) Oh, and you DID point out that there could be spoilers in this thread, in its title.
Please believe me… there is much, much more to the game than I have revealed.

Cid: I only use tags when I feel I’m revealing something about the story, which is what I believe is what most people want to find out in their own. I think the ONLY thing that might be considered such a spoiler is mentioning the Farplane … and I really couldn’t give the warning I wanted to without mentioning it. Maybe I should’ve tagged it, but I just felt at the moment I posted, that it wasn’t that much of a giveaway.

My apologies to anybody who feels I have damaged their game experience.

Wilfredo, all Sohee asked was a yes or no question. He didn’t want to know all the details. The only thing you needed to say is this:

“Note, apparently, when you finish the game, THEN start another, your score from the original carries over, making it easier to get 100% the second time. I hope so!!”

I know, Cid. However, I just feel keeping the secret was SO unfair to the game’s players, I felt I needed to point it out. And as I said, this thread’s title warned about spoilers, which to me meant that he wouldn’t mind them.

In any case, I’ve decided to tag the Farplane references. for the sake of those that don’t know yet.

Putting spoilers in the title doesn’t mean there’s no reason for spoiler tags. And I’ve been doing everything I can to avoid all plot details until I play the game since I figured that whoever answered this thread would show some common decency and reading comprehension skills and realise I have no questions about the plot whatsoever. Like Cid said, it’s a simple yes or no question. Going into detail is simply rude.

I’m sorry for posting something here that sort of led to this.

Now I will become rather small.

I still have yet to beat the game heh. In Chapter 3 with 51% complete, level 50 for Yuna and 5 or 6 spheres mastered with 2 more or so close by =)

Vicky: Please don’t feel bad, you’re not to blame at all. This is just one of those misunderstandings that happen in Life.

And Sohee: With all due respect, if you ONLY wanted a yes/no, you should’ve indicated it CLEARLY. I would’ve respected your wish.
Besides, I was NOT just posting this for you, I did it to help other players as well, and I believe I have.

I’ll be more careful in the future, however.

final comment

I figured that whoever answered this thread would show some common decency and reading comprehension skills

With all due respect, if you ONLY wanted a yes/no, you should’ve indicated it CLEARLY.

You aren’t 5 years old yet you want everything spelled out for you.

Bah, forget it. I’ll just wait till I get to the end and know somewhat about what happens already.

If you don’t want to know the answer’s don’t ask. I too plan to get it soon, and you have heard more about it than i have, and i still dont consider Will’s posts to be spoilers. As he pointed out, the only thing that could possible be considred a spoiler was that the last battle takes place in the Farplane. But even that really isnt a spoiler, as it doesent ruin anything. Now, it would have been a spoiler if he told you WHAT the special endings were, which i see he was kind enough not to.

Don’t look for fault where fault is none, and look to your own before others.

Originally posted by Born_Loser
If you don’t want to know the answer’s don’t ask.

Ok, he answered something that had nothing to do with that I asked.

As he pointed out, the only thing that could possible be considred a spoiler was that the last battle takes place in the Farplane. But even that really isnt a spoiler, as it doesent ruin anything.

Er, yes it does, it tells where the final battle takes place. What if you told someone the final battle in FFVI was in Kefka’s Tower or in FFX inside Sin?

Don’t look for fault where fault is none, and look to your own before others.
In this context, that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

What does that spoil ? And it certainly doesent ruin anything.

and he did answer your question, just a little more throuroughly. Instead of being rude to him, you should be thanking him, as i dont think you would have found out about the secret endings on your own, would you ? I know i wouldnt.