Hey yo, question about FFX-2 (maybe spoilers)

Why would I thank him? For telling me something I didn’t want to know?

The fact that the final battle is in the Farplane IS a spoiler. There really isn’t any argument to claim otherwise.

Forget it geez…(make such a big deal about anything… mumble mumble mumble)

Originally posted by Cidolfas
The fact that the final battle is in the Farplane IS a spoiler. There really isn’t any argument to claim otherwise.

Then I’m guessing that the location is important to the story of the game. Because otherwise, I could likely craft an argument by saying that the information that was spoiled was either not significant / important enough, or too obvious / basic to be worth referring to as a spoiler (I wouldn’t know, since I haven’t played the game).

But anyways, reading the question as it was posed, I can easily see how Wil made the mistake that he did. First of all, the thread subject line suggests that spoilers are tolerated, and the question asked relates to completing the game. And the spoiler that Wil used only served to clarify which scene he was talking about.

Someone who hasn’t played a game can still be indifferent to spoilers (or even want to be spoiled). And Wil has claimed that he is immune to spoilers himself.

Eh, at least I’m thankful to know this now, I’ll be able to get a real ending during my second run…how was I supposed to know I should mash the X button during that scene when there’s no apparent reason.

I’d just like to say this as somebody who just read the whole thread for the first time:

Neither, Wil’s not spoiler tagging the information about the endings, nor the information about where the last battle is held does not bother me in any way. It makes sense that if Yuna is looking for Tidus, and doesn’t find him, that she’d check the Farplane .

If you really think about it, it ending in the Farplane make sense. I mean, where els would it end ? Besaid? Bevelle?

As for FFX ending in Sin might possibly be hard to guess, as the story surrounding the Calm Lands points to a final battle there.

FF6’s ending in Kefkas Tower is common sense to anyone who’s made it to The World of Ruin. Where else would it end ? The Veldt?

The point of FFX-2 is that it introduces new locales that might not have been in the first one. Maybe the final battle might have been in a completely new area. Pinning it in the Farplane automatically gives away the fact that there is no final area unrelated to the first game, which counts as a spoiler to me.

Also, I don’t accept “Well, you should have thought about it and realized!” as a reason for something not to be a spoiler. Not everyone WANTS to think about things before they happen. Some of us like to be surprised.

Well, that being said, the Farplane is still a mystery and i’m sure a lot more about it will be revealed than that fact the last battle takes place there.

Originally posted by Born_Loser
Forget it geez…(make such a big deal about anything… mumble mumble mumble)

I havent beaten the game yet and i honestly didnt see the location to be that much of a spoiler. It doesnt bother me in the slightest

I also think this is getting blown way out of proportion =)

Wait a minute!

You people think I revealed where the final battle takes place!?!

I did not! The final battle’s NOT there! (that I know of- the guide does NOT say, or even tell who the last boss is.)

THE game’s FINAL SCENE takes place in the Farplane. How they got there from where the battle is, I don’t know and I WOULD NOT reveal it if I did!

(Please ask someone who also has a Guide, they’ll confirm this.)

lets just all stop arguing about the spoiling for theFarplane.okay now that its cleared out of the way,I had defeated FF10-2 once yesterday and if anyone needs help email me or if youve beaten the game with the "good"ending,I would love to talk about it with you. :moogle:

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
I did not! The final battle’s NOT there! (that I know of- the guide does NOT say, or even tell who the last boss is.)

THE game’s FINAL SCENE takes place in the Farplane. How they got there from where the battle is, I don’t know and I WOULD NOT reveal it if I did!

Neither of these two points are true.

oh geeeez get over it people!!! it’s not like he said what happens at the end…this is a FF discussion…not a FF bickering forum. so lets discuss this like reasonable adults.

one thing though is that i am only a teenager not an adult lol.Weird i act like an adult.

hey that’s good cos some adults act like immature kids in their early teens. i’m not pointing fingers on anyone i’m just saying some adults in general…so please no hate replys!! lol

lol big huge anime sweatdrop

Be yourself and dont act like anyone. Fakers act. faker fakers fake fake fakers fakeeeers… Just bullshittin here, nothing serious.

Hmm… Yes, I believe the final battle takes place in the deepest depths of the Farplane. I’m tryin’ to get the so-called “perfect” ending… Right now my mission complete percentage is 91%… I don’t think I can get 100% on my second try… Cause I missed the 5th Crimson sphere in chapt 4… Ah well, gotta play the game a third time now.

Um, Cid, remember that I know ONLY (so far) what I’ve read in the GUIDE:

Final Fantasy X-2 Official Strategy Guide, page 248: “Upon the defeat of Vegnagun you will proceed directly to the final battle against an adversary with very recognizable attacks.” That’s ALL it says about it (except for one small strategy tip.)

In that same page:
"Following that, Yuna and the Gullwings return to the Farplane Glen "

If these points aren’t true, I can only know after I play the game myself, which I’m currently doing.

Just wanted to point out that I neither post out of rudeness, nor do I knowingly “fake.”

And this HAS gone on too far. I’ve worried TOO much about it. Most other people would just have left the thread, but I returned because I was worried about it having confused others (and it did, about the final battle.) But THIS time I’m leaving it for good- won’t even read it again. I would recommend you all do the same.

Heheheh… You ARE gonna read this thread again… I can assure you… YOU WILL READ THIS THREAD AGAIN Wilfredo Martinez!!! Muahahah!!! Ah well… Hey you actually bought the offical strategy guide?? I’d like to have one too~ But I’m jus’ too cheap to get one… If I need strategy or walkthrough, I’d might as well check gamefaqs.com for 'em. Right now I’m in my third run on the game~ I have 92% mission completed now… Hopefully this time I’ll get 100%~