Hey the world cup is starting today, where is hades vuvuzhela

Probably because headbutting is so 2010.

So, we changed two midfielders and our striker and whatd’yaknow, we’re at the round of 16 for the first time and, most importantly, played better than Ivory Coast! Many of these changes were obligatory substitutions and I really hope our coach doesn’t play the old, ineffective players again. But yeah, woo!

And headbutting was in 2006 (as were… suggestions about the opponent’s sister that led to it).

https://medium.com/the-nib/my-blade-and-shield-80df0734f77c

Hey! At least I remembered that there was a case of headbutting during a prior world cup. Which for an American who last cared about Soccer in second grade, isn’t too shabby.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to go play up some other ‘Murican Stereotypes. Maybe grab a couple sixpacks of beer, a picnic table spread of nachos, buffalo wings, cole slaw, freedom fries, and an apple pie, and my five AK-47s and light off fireworks from here to the Fourth O’ July.

The 2010 World Cup gave us this:

That is amazing.

De Jong only got a yellow for that too.

Soccer regulations are such ridiculous shit.

You gotta admire the balls on him to do the “I didn’ do nuthin’” hand gesture after that.

I think we can all agree that 2018 will be the year of the ‘elbow to the eye’.

We may have lost, but we still advanced! First time ever the US advanced past the group stage in consecutive Cups. I kinda like our chances against Belgium too.

But it’s so lucrative! http://online.wsj.com/articles/people-make-money-gambling-on-luis-suarez-biting-someone-1403728281

Between this in 2010 and Zizzou’s headbutt that spawned a thousand memes in 2006, I eagerly anticipate what escalating moment of egregious violence we’ll see in 2014’s final.

So the semis have been set. Brazil/Germany and Netherlands/Uruguay. I think the final will be Germany/Netherlands with De Oranje finally coming out on top. However, no UEFA team has ever won the World Cup in the Western Hemisphere, so history is against my prediction.

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit germany/brazil

Sweet mother of fuck, that was a goddamn massacre. If we manage to beat the Chokin’ Orange, they’re gonna fucking kill us.

And the follow up to the nazi tweets from the US Germany game, we have the holocaust tweets like “Germany hasn’t slaughtered minorities like that since the Holocaust!”

That .gif just about says it all.

Seconded! It’s a pretty sweet game, lasts a good 15-20 hours if you don’t bother at all with NG+.

On more world-cup-related topic. This was more or less yesterday: