Hey, anyone wanna start a petition for a FF8-2???

There technically was a sequel to FF5: there was an anime that took place after it. It was terrible.

Weren’t those videos with Squall and Rinoa (I think Rinoa was wearing a pink sweater) simply promo movies used to demonstrate the power of the PS2 hardware? I remember hearing that somewhere.

No… they redid the dance scene from FF8, but in full 3D rather than FMV. I think I still have those pics in one of my magazines at home.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Fuck no.

Seeing as FFVIII is my all-time favorite game, I would love to see a sequel. It has the perfect chemistry between the cast. However, it had a pretty complete story line, and besides, sequels usually ruin everything. I actually liked the Junction system, and it had the best characters out of all the Final Fantasies combined (save maybe FFIX, no one beats Vivi) . I mean come on, the first 3’s characters sucked, they took too long to level up, and there was almost no story! FFIV and V were actually pretty good, but the characters lacked. FFVI was one of the better one’s, I could see it having a sequel, except it’s been too long since it’s release. FFVII had a stupid storyline, and let’s face it, if Aeris hadn’t died, it wouldn’t have been a smash hit like it was. I actually liked the characters though, except for Cloud and Tifa. FFIX was awesome, but I hated the fact that you had to rush through the game just to get Excalibur II for a few battles. Character wise, it was perfect. FFX, I hated the sphere system, and Titus was the worst character ever. Shouldn’t have had a sequel…FFXI, haven’t played, don’t want to play because of it’s lack of a storyline…FFXII, looks like FFX, but still want to play it…

Yep, out of all the FF’s, I think 8 and 9 would be the best to have sequels to, but still, I oppose the idea. Fanfics are a million times better, because if you don’t like them, then you can dismiss them as bullcrap. With a sequel, however, you get screwed into having to except it as fact. If they can make a sequel that doesn’t ruin the original chemistry that made the game popular to begin with, then I say, goddammit hurry up an’ make it, ya damn assclowns! But let’s face it, Squaresoft (SquareEnix, whatever) can’t do it. Even if they do make a successful sequel, it’s always completely different (for example, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Chross, or FFI and all the others for that matter).

Originally posted by Cidolfas
There technically was a sequel to FF5: there was an anime that took place after it. It was terrible.

Really? I never knew that. Oh well, FFV’s sorta incomplete ending gets fucked by a terrible anime.

Tuba Mute: The junction system was, I agree, a nice change from other games, and the sphere grid was a living hell. I agree, even if FFVIII wasn’t very good, It’s story did seem complete.

I’d like to think a ff8-2 would be a good idea, however: if I can remember correctly, the sweetest, most innocent girl in ffx turned into a rebellious whore within a whopping two years after the fall of not only the main relgion, but the world government…I don’t think I’d like to see what would happen to ff8.

I loved ff8 more than I should have…I still do. I dress up my boyfriend like Squall. Seriously. And let me tell you, times is good for Pookie. Uh…what was I saying…keep commies out of my backyard!

Wait, no! If they made an ff8-2 they’d probably pee on everything good like they did to ffx. I don’t want to see the world of ff8 where everyone’s a whore with bad lines and GFs are ‘reasonably’ replaced by changing clothes magically in front of strangers.

Yuna was always rebellius. as for whore… i dont see that… maybe i should play the game all the way through sometime… She seems pretty commited to me, since her whole mission is to get Tidus back. Unless you think trying to get someone you love back is whorish… and speaking of whoreish, how do you think Rinoa got Seifer to introduce her to Cid ? A little “hands on” negotiation perhaps ? Rinoa is probably the most “permiscuous” FF character there is…

EDIT: Does your boyfriend also dress you up as Princess Leia ?

Originally posted by BahamutXero
FFXIII is my least favorite in the series closley followed by FFII. It would have been much better if it had a normal leveling system (none of that Junction crap) and if you got money from enemies and actually have weapons and armor to buy.

Yes, damnit. FF13 sucked ass. What the hell is wrong with Square?

Yep, ‘we all just forgot’. What an excellent plot.

Originally posted by Pookie
I dress up my boyfriend like Squall. Seriously.

She really does…

She even gave me a scar…

…Help me…

Geez, why does everyone think Riona’s a whore? Two boyfriends doesn’t really qualify as a slut in my book…Well, I suppose of those two boyfriends were pimps…

Uh anyway, the thing with Yuna that got me were the hot pants… the hot pants… did you see what she wore before, it was so nice and pretty and she still managed to kick ass in it. I guess I’m just ticked off that they took one of the few kick-assingly good women in gaming that didn’t dress…um… ‘skankily’ and skanked her up.

Hot pants, come on!

Oh, and I haven’t the hair for Princess Leia, or the butt sigh thanks for opening wounds : (

(oh and Resh, don’t act like you didn’t like it)

In my opinion, Rinoa was just dumb. I wished I could have jumped into the tv and strangled her skinny little neck right on the spot. I love FF8, but she’s one of the reasons I can quickly tire of it and easily hate it. I don’t support FF8 mainly because her character annoyed me too much. And because the other characters were kinda one tracked- no developement. I don’t qualify as “Gather round while we talk about the orphanage we all came from” as character developement. It worked for the storyline, I must admit, but it was a bit…cliche. All the characters were. If their personalities were more open for change, than I’d maybe think about supporting a sequel. The only ones who really went through any interesting development were Squall and Irvine. Possibly Laguna just as much. But the others? Nah.

Compared to the other leading female roles in all other FF’s, Rinoa’s probably the best.

Terra. Celes.

TM, why do yo find it necessary to revive topics that are dead? This hasn’t seen the light of day for a whole month.

Anyway, I never really had a problem with Rinoa. I thought her personality fit the role she was given on FF8. Square usually do get that sort of stuff right.

Terra. Celes.

Sorry, then one of the best.

I was actually going to make a new post about something Cid mentioned in this one.

I managed to rent episodes 4 and 5 of the Anime Cid mentions… and i dont think they were all THAT bad. Granted the dubbing wasnt great, and the storyline was kinda shite. But all in all, it could have been worse. I did laugh when Linaly’s ass started flashing. and i thought Pritz was goofy as hell. Rouge could have been a little more… i dunno… more of a pirate and less of a… of a… whatever she was. I mean using tickling as a form of torture, come on !!!She could tickle me, ehh elbows random person in the ribs repeatedly

That being said, i’d rather watch Crying Freeman.

Just do a Genreal Re-hash. Not much added (Just add Voices and better grafics), nothing thing taken away.

Only if they keep Angel as Squall. The Kiddie Selphie (in Flash-back), but with only 10 lines tops I’m not bothered if they get someone new.

I can just imangane the Battle Quotes now:
Zell(Battle opening while defening Balmab Garden in Disk 2, to Selphie): “How about this tactic? Left-right! Left, Win!”

Zell(Victory): “Hot-dig-ady Dog!” (to the opening Phase of Victory theme)

Big Nutter

What? Would you mind writing in coherent sentences? And proper spelling wouldn’t hurt you either.