Hey, anyone wanna start a petition for a FF8-2???

Yeah, i miss the good old days of equipping weapons and armor.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
FFXIII is my least favorite in the series closley followed by FFII. It would have been much better if it had a normal leveling system (none of that Junction crap) and if you got money from enemies and actually have weapons and armor to buy.

I like that system BECAUSE you didn’t slay monsters to earn money, you only need to walk around (and me, who always looses her way in that irritating 3D world only profit from it).

The complicate Junction system is something you need to get used to, but if you once got it, it rocks! :mwahaha:

Equiping armor is the last thing I miss in it…

FF8 was great. If it had the Materia system I think it would of been better than 7. So yes I agree they should make a VIII-2.

Since FFX-2 came along why is it suddenly necessary to want sequels to every other FF?

Now FFI-2, THATS a game.

Originally posted by baka-neko
[b]I like that system BECAUSE you didn’t slay monsters to earn money, you only need to walk around (and me, who always looses her way in that irritating 3D world only profit from it).

The complicate Junction system is something you need to get used to, but if you once got it, it rocks! :mwahaha:

Equiping armor is the last thing I miss in it… [/b]

I think the junctioning system made the game too easy. I mean, if you had 99 Ultimas, Flares, etc. you were unstoppable. It made getting to level 99 worthless.

I was under the impression that as monsters’ strength and HP levelled up along the the characters’, getting to level 99 was worthless anyway :thud: couldn’t agree more about the “let’s junction ultima to the stats and layeth the smacketh down”, though

The monsters did level up with you but it always seemed that you were always more powerful than them.

It was also kinda iritating fighting the same monsters in diffrent places. I think FF8 had the shortest monster list of them all. I did, however like the limit breaks and shooting the gunblade. Did FF8 even have a slot machine in it like the other FF’s ? I need to re-play it(i know, i say that every time).

Say, doesent it look like we have some newcomers to the FFC boards ? I see some names i dont recognise.

Perhaps…

Actually I say yes.

I think the junctioning system made the game too easy. I mean, if you had 99 Ultimas, Flares, etc. you were unstoppable. It made getting to level 99 worthless.

Uhm, ok, you’re right: it is too easy.
The junction system itself is not bad, they could have only change the really strong influence of the magic on the status.

Well, useually if you play it the first time, without a guide, you wont have 99 ultimas, or 99 pains. My first time through, i oly had about 90 Pain spells, and that twas divided between three chars.
I don’t think i ever had more than 10 Aura’s at a time, and i did manage to scrape up about 20 Ultima’s.

Besides, who says you have to use magic and GF’s to kill everything ? Try using the special Commands. Like, Darkside, and Treatment. Give your characters a little personality and idividuality. Give them the taste of Dr. Pepper. The taste of originality.

Final Fantasy VIII-2? Probably not. I liked it and all, it and FF7 are my favorites out of all the ones I’ve played, but the story was pretty complete in itself.

Now a Final Fantasy VIII REMAKE on one of the consoles and/or perhaps a CPU version would be kind of nice. Updated graphics, perhaps an enhanced version on the junction/battle systems etc, EXTRA STUFF like more monsters maybe more areas. That kind of thing. I’d probably vote against voices because it’d most likely ruin the ones I imagine them with.

That’d be very nice, but I doubt it’d ever happen sadly. The same can be said about a FF7 remake on the ps2/xbox/gc/pc. :frowning:

I kinda liked the voices from KH. They somehow made yuffie cuter.

Instead off FF8-2 I’d rather another classic like Secret of Mana or Terranigma ( I know they didn’t make Terranigma)

A Terranigma remake would rock!
But it doesn’t belong here…

Originally posted by AngelOfTheLion
[b]I love the game, but I don’t think there should be a sequel. It was a very complete game with no loose plot ends. It’s great for writing fanfics about the time after the game, but there’s no real need for a sequel like there was in FFX.

By the way, I once heard a rumour that there was a planned sequel to FF8 that was scrapped. Supposedly, you could play as a party with Seifer, Raijin and Fujin in the party. Is there any truth in this? [/b]

It was an april fools joke or somesuch perpetrated by a website. There was indeed a movie of in-game footage. They admitted it was fake, just a joke.

I can’t find the site in question, but this site has the video for download (and seems to think it’s realy; the videos that well done O_O)

You know what I would like?

Remakes of FF7, FF8, and FF9 remade for the PS2 or GC (the Xbox is sort of out of the question since it’s American and Squeenix doesn’t make games for it.)

I actually do remember seeing an FF movie being advertised with FF8 footage. I even remember it specifically saying “coming soon to a theater near you”. I waited and waited, just to confirm it, in case my ears decieved me. But nope, never saw that commercial again. but… Obladi, oblada, life goes on braa, lala how the life goes on.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Good lord, no. FF8 is the one game in the series I can’t bring myself to reply again… I definitely don’t want a sequel to it. O_o

Yeah, that pretty much says what I think. If you want to pention a sequel for something, do it for a game that NEEDS a sequel. Like FFVII. Also, FFV’s ending wasn’t too good. It was OK, but I can just see a sequel. But, that probably won’t happen considering FFV wasn’t even released in America. :stuck_out_tongue: