Help zeppelin: Chinese Internet Dating

Girl number 1’s first picture blew me away. Her more casual pictures are decent, but nothing to write home about. She has a messy and impish sort of beauty. Her straight-laced responses surprise me for that reason. The sheer number of pictures, plus the disparity between the prettiest and least pretty of them, leads me to believe she is concerned with appearances. She is probably aesthetically oriented. Her presence at vocational school suggests that she is not academically oriented, though I know little about Chinese culture and may be wrong. I suspect she is insecure, sometimes cool enough to be with, sometimes moody.

The wry look on Girl number 4’s face suggests she has wits about her. Her expression has a Mona Lisa like ambiguity. If you look closely at her eyes and cheeks, you can see that she is holding her face in an unnatural position, probably her “best” angle, and is otherwise bland-looking. She seems smarter than average, but that does not interest me, unless she is really brilliant. I talk to smart and assertive people all day, not beautiful people, so I treasure what seems less accessible. She does not look happy to me, despite her half-smile, but cynical and determined. I am curious what is behind her Anglophilia.

Girl number 5 has a worldly look in her first picture, thanks to her glasses, mild amusement and crossed legs. The other pictures? I can appreciate youth, but her plump cheeks, artificially even bangs and doll-like expressions do not appeal to me. She does have simple grace, unlike number 4. As a secretary, and based on her responses, she probably is used to being obedient and pleasant, which is comforting sometimes and boring others. I do wonder if her baby-like posing signifies some interesting instability, or if it is just a cultural difference. Her comment that Harry Potter is her favorite book, and Hermione her favorite character because “she is a strong girl, and I really respect her,” does not impress.

Girl number 1 wins, in my opinion. Head out to the Internet Cafe and get that “test run.”

I don’t think the opinion is wrong, and I have paid for most of the things resembling dates I go on. I think it’s sort of dull and artless to actually say that, though. It’s the difference between one offering to pay for the date because one knows it is requisite and being asked, with a gaping mouth revealing a Fraggle Rock-style monstrosity half-chewed food, “You’re getting it, right?” when the bill comes. The “strong woman” statement being the gaping mouth, while stupid faux-cute pictures are the pulpy, saliva-drenched rags of what may have once seemed like a good meal/date. Basically, everything about her personality strikes me as too proper to be any sort of crazy fun, like her traditional values, childish taste in books, while being too immature and crude for me to find any sort of relationship with. She falls in a territory neither the punk kid side of Arac, or the pretentious aesthete Arac can find remotely attractive, or, for that matter, anything but repulsive.

Really, I could put up with everything but the pictures.

If I agree to take out number 1, will you write a sonnet for me that I can deliver to her? (translated in Chinese of course - not sure how the hell I’m gonna do that but I’d try!)

Yes. Elizabethan or Petrarchan?

Now, I am so tempted to do a “Help me choose a Russian [STRIKE]female tennis superstar [/STRIKE]mail order bride” thread.

Hi Kettle. You’re black.

Make sure you pick a lively one since you probably wouldn’t want her to stiffen up by the time she arrives.

Hell, if you go for girl #1, I’d write you a Villanelle.

Thanks goodness there’s nothing like that here. Er…

You filthy idealist! Not all translators are stricken with the languages they work with.

Nice explanation of the dual persona.

Oh, Seifer, where were you when Arac asked if you’d get him as a mail-order bride? He may be shorter, darker and devoid of tennis, but he has a heart of gold.

#1 for the win. also. I hate you. so much. there should be a dating website in america where i can only meet azns. :frowning:

It doesn’t really matter. In fact, you could write it in prose if you want, because Zep is going to have to mash it into a 5-, 7-, or 9- meter Chinese poem form anyway if he really wants to impress her

SUPER NINJA EDIT:

lmao owned

If many guys would care if a girl has had a boyfriend before, is it harder to get laid in China? Having had premarital sex would be a dead giveaway, wouldn’t it? If they’re not virgins are they just looked down on, or are they ‘spoiled’?

I’ve spoken to Zeppelin enough to know two things:

1. If you’re white in China, it’s much easier to get laid. It “doesn’t count” for a lot of girls.

2. Hymen replacement surgery.

Seems like an expensive solution every time your white boyfriend decides he doesnt want to keep you for goods.

I think these women must be insane, as well. No sane woman would want to have to lose her virginity more than once!

You only have to do it once, just before you’re married.

That’s so awesome. Except, if you skank it up and catch something, you’d have to explain to Mr. Right how you’re a virgin with the herp.

“It’s something passed down in the family genes, I swear!” or simply the fact you can catch something even without penetration. Different types of mucous membrane all over the darn body.

I think sin’s life comparison to sexually transmitted diseases is reason enough to invest in safe sex… unless you want things to get really itchy and scratchy. And possibly make someone run away like hell making life very, very awkward from that point on.

Hence why I am still with the person I lost my virginity to. No itchy, no awkward.

So… residentevilreference no itchy, no tasty? :I

Lucky you. I attempt to impress the ladies from time to time with success level of COOL STORY BRO; YOU’RE IN THE FRIEND ZONE.

I’m too afraid of zombies to watch resident evil :frowning: