Help me write THE ULTIMATE FF FANFIC!!

Maybe they can take a number from FFV’s book, and infuse them with Crystal Power?

Groups and organizations? Hmmm… Well, I’m most familiar with FF6-9, so here goes…

FF6: You have the Empire and the Returners, and the Espers will be included under whatever you’ve decided to call the summons. How about the natural-magic users from Thamasa? I’m not sure if they’d be considered important, though…

FF7: You have Shinra and AVALANCHE… I know AVALANCE started in Cosmo Canyon, but the people there also serve as scholars. Could be a good place for the history of the new world to be explained. SOLDIER is also important, but I guess that would be covered under Shinra. The Cetra too, but I think you already mentioned them.

FF8: Timber Owls! :slight_smile: Unlike SeeD, who are actually mercenaries and technically not allied on anyone’s side unless a sorceress gets involved, they are actually against one of the major governments. They play a bit part in the game, but could potentially be important in your story. White SeeD could also potentially play an important role, especially if you do decide to use Ellone.

FF9: Mognet! (I think that’s what it was called) I thought that this was a good system for delivering mail, certainly much better than the carrier pidgeons from FF6. And it gives the Moogles a purpose. It would allow the various rebel groups to contact each other, even if they’re in different lands. Hmmm… I can’t really think of any others for this game…

Videospirit: Since the Empire drained magic from the Espers directly, they could simply continue doing that from whatever incarnation of the summons are used. I guess for their magitek armor they’d just have to synthesize the effects of magic. Flame thrower, instead of fire beam, that kind of thing. Just a thought. Probably wouldn’t be 'magi’tek then, but I guess beggars can’t be choosers. And I hadn’t realized that the magitek was run by magicite, so that was a neat bit of info! :slight_smile:

well will did say the crystals would play an important role so maybe the empire will be after the 4 crystals this game.

Ok, I did some research (in the FF Compendium) and here’s a list of those groups I believe would be the movers-and-shakers in UFF:

Avalanche (FF7)- With Shinra a major presence, avalanche should be too. Still not decided on who will be members; Yuffy, for example, has no reason to belong other than wanting to steal from them.

Crusaders (FF10)- I’ve been thinking that Sin MIGHT exist on this world- it’s just not rampaging all the time. I’ve been thinking of making it one of The WEAPONS. A soldier force to fight these menaces, then, might make sense…

Empire (FF6)- We NEED an Evil Empire! Since I know very little about the Paramekia Empire, however, I’ll use THIS one- thought I may name it Paramekia just because “The Empire” sounds too plain. Anybody can give more details on FF2?

Esthar (FF8)- As I said, The Estharites rarely want to deal with the rest of the world, but the fact that they have the best technology in the world CANNOT be ignored. It makes people nervous. Of course, they have to FIND them first.

Forest Owls (FF8)- The Timberian rebels against Galbadia. With Galbadia a player, the Owls should be too (thought they don’t impress me much.)

Galbadia (FF8)- As mentioned, you can’t ignore the fact they have ICBMs. Note: Both Shinra and the Al Bhed are probably based here.

Hokuten Knights, Nanten Knights, and other groups from Ivalice (FFTactics)- Other than the fact that they’re fighting in a civil war, (which could be the result of tampering from some villain (Zeromus?) they’re not very important… and not very colorful, either. However, a chaotic nation would be an attractive target for evil forces.

Lucavi (FFTactics)- I’m thinking of making the Church of St. Ajora a branch of the Yevonites (why have more than one Evil religion?). Also, the Zodiac stones have “Boss Makers” written all over them. ^^

Red Wings (FF4)- War + Airships= Aerial Combat! Calling the Red Wings! (Maybe I’ll have Wedge and Biggs be members! :hahaha; )

Returners (FF6): Again, a necessary group due to the Empire, but I need to figure out all the members.

SeeD (FF8)- Mercenaries are always employed in war, especially as assassins. (BTW, was anyone else bothered by the fact that the “heroes” of FF8 didn’t think TWICE about carrying out an assasination? It DID make sense since they were trained for it since childhood, but still…!)

Shinra (FF7) As energy providers (with a hidden agenda) as well as an Ecological menace, they can’t help but have an impact on the World. Note that (as with Corel) the Shinra try to convince less-developed nations to modernize, wich puts them at odds with the Yevonites.

Turks (FF7)- They’re like the SeeDs, only working for Shinra. HOWEVER, since Shinra does NOT operate in all countries here, they probably use the SeeDs instead in those regions (so they can’t be traced back to them.)

White SeeDs (8) The group that protected Ellone. Their ONLY importance is because of Ellone, who herself is important only IF anyone knows about her power. Not sure I’ll use her in the first story. (Besides, the WS are pretty colorless. No pun intended.)

Yevon (FF10) The Church of Yevon is good both as the World’s main religion and an anti-technological influence that keeps lands like Ivalice medieval. Their summoners make them powerful, altought not all summoners work for them. Note that not everyone in it is an evil schemer! (Same with Shinra.)

Hmm… I STILL feel I’m missing something…!

Sounds like a pretty complete list, but I know that feeling. Go over it yourself a few times and think about it if you’re unsure about something.

Technology vs. Summoners…

Reminds me of the Bevelle-Zanarkind war a thousand years in the past of X and X-2

Reminds me of one of our many spats in the past, Glenton.

lol i’m only replying to this now. Yeah a PIERCING oooohhh.
The internet Gnomes stole my DSL and replaced it with cable… I’m BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
And I promise I’ll return after these messages with some useful information :mwahaha:

Heh, I hope you realize I was making one of my lame jokes, Elysial. I have nothing against piercing, tatooing, or other forms of body art. (As long as the appropiate precautions are taken, of course.)

And I’d like to hear your contributions to the topic.

hehe no I was only joking as well. I have several piercings and one large tattoo of a dragon on my back. I loooove it.

Ok, story mindset: I like the way you have it laid out so far, and I think the groups you’ve picked are right on. I can’t think of anyone missing… And it does ring of the Bevelle-Zanarkand ideology, which isn’t a bad thing whatsoever. I really enjoyed that storyline.

Keep thinking!!! I command you… Must know more… :hyperven:

You are missing a lot of kingdoms from FF4 and ff5 and have nothing from mystic quest but I don’t know enough about those games to give you a detailed report.

Does it start to fade if you’re dying? :hahaha; (Anime reference- can you identify it?)

VS: Yes, the are several FF nations I must research. However, I am NOT going to use them all, especially those who are just “generic lands”. I will use only those that are IMPORTANT, or that have some interesting aspect to them.

Patience, my children! Research takes time, and I want to make sure I leave nothing out by accident! Meanwhile, why don’t you give suggestions of things you’d like to see? Any particular Bosses? Should Edgar hit on Yuna? Umaro share food with Quena? I can’t promise I’ll use them all, but they’re fun to think about, no? :ah-ha!:

I know I know. Have Caitsith get bought by Setzer.

um that little outburst was directed towards vs last comment.

hey will what about the character from final fantasy the spirit within?
i think aki should be in the fanfic because if im correct she is the only main female character in a final fantasy and since she is a docter in the movie that would make her like a white mage in a game. :moogle:

No it wouldmake her a doctor in the game from a technologically advanced civiliazation and I completely forgot about that movie.

As I said at the start, I’m not using the FF spinoffs like Spirits Within or FF Unlimited. I have enough to handle with just the games themselves. Maybe later. (If I decided to use Aki, however, I would make her a scientist, but give her special powers, too.)

Note about Cait Sith: in FF7, Caith was just a fictional character, just like the moogles. The Cait that Avalanche encountered was a Fortune-Telling Robot from the Gold Saucer based on it; Reeves used to infiltrate the team. This means that:
-There were several of them. Reeves used another one after the first was destroyed.
-Just as the moogles are real in other FFs, there MIGHT be a real Cait someday in the games (None so far, thought, unless you count a Cat-like Summons) So, that means that, in MY world, there might a real Cait AND several machines made on his image!

(BTW, one thing that everyone forgets was that Cait PREDICTED AERIS’S DEATH, a fact that baffled even Reeves. I guess there was more to it than just an entertainment machine. Maybe the spirit of the REAL Cait…?)

Goes back to burning his brain, I mean, do research

You know, in FF6, the Esper called “Stray” was called “Cait Sith” in the Jap version of the game. I think Cait Sith is the name of some real mythological spirit type thingie.
Just an interesting fact.

Wild guess: Shaman King, or Shaman Battle, something like that. It was the one with the yin-yang symbol on his back, right.

I remembered seeing something before but couldn’t remember where so I googled “cait sith”. The name is Gaelic or Celtic or some such, and means “fairy cat”. The legends about it originate from the Highlands. That’s in Scotland, isn’t it?

Sadly I actually can’t place that reference, but it DID give me another idea for my fanfic lol. Thanks :wink:

I forgot that Cait predicted Aeris’ death. I haven’t played 7 in awhile though; I’ve been too caught up in X-2.

Oh, and forgive me if anyone liked it but I thought the FF movie sucked.

However I can’t wait for Advent Children… Seriously CAN’T WAIT :hyperven:

Wow off topic… I think I started out to say that I think includiong some form of Cait Sith would be a good idea. How about Cactuars? Moombas? Moogles?

wow i forgot all about moombas those cats rocked! how could i forget?

oh and fyi

Cu Sith literally means fairy dog, this is the Highland equivalent.

In appearance the dog was green with long shaggy fur, it was roughly the size of large calf and not unusually it was considered dangerous to meet.

The creature was capable of hunting in silence, and would let out three barks, which could be heard from miles around.

Supernatural dogs are usually completely black or white with red ears, this is the only example of a green dog although green is the colour of the fairies.

Cait Sith
Cait Sith literally means fairy cat, the creature was said to haunt the Highland region.

The cat was said to be as big as a dog and completely black, apart from one white spot on its breast. Like a real cat it could be ferocious if stumbled upon.

It is possible the belief is related to some of the mystery black cats that have been caught in the region. The Highlands are also still populated with the wild cat in some places, they are extremely aggressive if cornered.
:moogle: