Help me write THE ULTIMATE FF FANFIC!!

Cool suggestions, people.

I think I need to point out two things, however:

For my first story, I’m going for the MAJOR characters- the ones that want to DESTROY THE WORLD!! :mwahaha: (And those that can stop them.)

Second, I’m NOT bound by continuity. For example, just because most of the Yevon leaders from FFX are dead by X2 does it mean they’ll be dead here. So, don’t let such things stop your suggestions!

Hmm… maybe I should do a, “where are they now?” game-by-game checklist of where all the characters are in my world, and what they’re doing?

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

My votes on Sephiroth on who’s going to destroy the world. As for a “where are they now” I’ll give suggestions when I wake up. falls asleep.

So then we must put togethor a list of every character. And everyone should contribute cause poor will can’t be expected to know every single freaking ff character.

So my contributations.
FF6 Terra, Locke, Celest, Shadow, Edgar, Sabin, Gogo, Umaru, MOG, (painter girl forget name), strago(think the old magi’s name is this), (samurai guy with the sword techniques), Setzer, Kefka, Leo, Gesthal. more guys but I have to get off.

Thanks, VS. The games I have problems with are, of course, the ones I haven’t played: #1, 2, 3, Mystic Quest, 11 and Crystal Chronicles.

Thank God for the Net (and the FF Compendium!) :victoly:

Ok, time to play…

WHERE ARE THEY NOW??
(game show music plays!)

Please note: THESE ARE ALL EARLY IDEAS! I might change my mind later!!
I’m focusing on the heroes for now. Villains, etc. later.

FF1: The Light Warriors haven’t fulfilled their quest yet. In fact, they might not even have met each other yet! (Depends on what I decide about their quest.)
FF2: Fighting against the Paramekia Empire. (If I make Paramekia the same as the Empire from FF6, they might be part of the Returners!)
FF3: The Onion Kids are still in the Floating Continent. They don’t even have Jobs yet.
FF4: Cecil is still a Dark Knight. He still hasn’t been betrayed (may never be). He knows Rosa, Kain and Cid, but not the other characters.
FF5: None of the New Dawn Warriors have met each other yet. The exception is, of course, Galuf and Krile, who are grandfather and granddaughter. Note that the world never split in two, so they live in the same world as the other DWs.
FF6: The Returners are active against the Empire, but most characters have not joined yet. Terra is still a mindless slave; Celes is still a General. Locke, Banon and Edgar are with the Returners; the other characters are all still strewn about.
FF7: Avalanche is active against Shinra; however, only Cloud, Barret and Tifa are members.
FF8: The SeeDs are complete and already active as mercenaries. This includes Irvine but not Rinoa. (Mmm, Rinoa wasn’t part of Edea’s Orphanage, was she?)
FF9: None of the characters have met, except Dagger and Steiner, who is her bodyguard.
FFX: Since Sin doesn’t exist, summoners don’t have to go on pilgrimages and so Yuna doesn’t require Guardians. Still, she knows several of the characters due to family and friendship: Kimahru, Wakka, Lulu, and Rikku. And Tidus and Auron? Gotta figure out if they even EXIST…
FF11: Stick your FF11 characters wherever you like. :hahaha;
FFX2: The Gullwings are active as Spherehunters, but Yuna isn’t a member yet.
FFTactics: The characters are in the middle of a Civil War over in Ivalice.
FFTactics Advance: The kids from Earth have already arrived on Ivalice- right in the middle of the Civil War!
FFCC: Um, are there even characters here? Must research
FFMQ: Ditto.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Rinoa wasn’t part of the orphanage gang just answering your question. FF CC is basically is like FF XI where you pick the race of your character and what they look like so just look up the storyline with the maisma and you’ll probably get an idea. (Why ain’t I telling you the storyline? There isn’t much of one!)

FFMQ. What are the characters names again. I know there’s reuban and phoebe but there are so many others. Grah.

Auron was from Spira, Tidus was from Zanarkand. (At some point during FFX, Tidus says “oh, I forgot, you’re not originally from Zanarkand, are you?”, which leads me to believe that Auron’s from Spira, so he could exist, not having died by Yunalesca)

Sounds pretty good so far.

EDIT: Might I suggest including General Leo (FF6)? He’s just a massive badass.

Actually also in the game Tidus was humming the song of prayer and Auron said That it reminded him of Spira A.K.A home.

Yeah, Auron is originally from Spira.

I think one of the important factors in deciding which characters to use is that the type of characters is balanced. I think it’d be important not to just include the more upbeat characters like Rikku, Selphie and Yuffie and ignore the more serious ones (and vice versa). I also think that some existing relationship between characters is needed, for example between Squall and Rinoa, or Tidus and Auron, so that there is some backstory to build on, and it’s not just as if all the characters are meeting each other for the first time.

Fear the wrath of my vorpal spork with its tiny-tipped jaggedness!

Wolf of Light: Thank you.

Aldred: I know that Auron is not from Zanarkand. I was refering to <Spoiler> the fact he’s unsent. </Spoiler> I think he’ll be alive in my story.
As a General in The Empire, Leo has a good chance to show up in the story.

Angel: As I said, I’ll use the characters that would logically get involved in the situation, regardless of personality. (I’ll try to prevent things from being too dark or too silly, however.) Relationships will also depend on the story.

Rommel: …Is there such a thing as a spork?? ~_^

OK, now I need to consider the OTHER characters from each game. HERE is where I really need your help, because there are so many. So, tell me: WHO are the characters that HAVE to be included- the villains, the secondary characters like Cid, etc.- ? REMEMBER: I’m going to write about the main menaces to the world. I need the characters that would be involved. (You know, as I write this, I’m surprised to notice how many of the FF Heroes pretty much STUMBLED into their roles as heroes, rather than being fated or connected to the situations somehow.

BUT, real life IS like that, too.

Tristam, from FFMQ. He’s so damn cool, and is an experienced explorer, you need to have him. If you need any help from FFMQ, feel free to ask me, Wil. I’ve got the bloody game memorized.

I think I’ve hammered the point across that Kefka needs to be there, so I won’t go broken record on you. :wink:

It would also be cool if you included Ultros, beacause every story needs some comic relief. And hey, he’s perfect for the job.

:ulty: I resent that! …I don’t disagree, but I resent it.

Another interesting thing you could do is include several Cids, and have them all hook up at some point for a brainstorming session. :slight_smile:
I agree that General Leo would be a good addition, if only for a supporting role. He’s too cool to stay dead.

And yeah, Val is THE one to go for for FFMQ info. If you only throw in one guy from it, Tristam would be a good one.

Hmm, secondary characters/villains…

FF6: Perhaps Kefka, but he’s friggin’ nuts, might be better to use Gestahl; Rachel (Locke’s dead G/F); the Atma Beast, Daryl (Setzer’s girl).

FF7: Lots to name here… the Turks, Zangan (Tifa’s trainer), Don Corneo, Marlene, Dyne (Barret’s insane ex-friend), Professor Gast, Lucrecia, Shera (Cid Highwind’s girl) WEAPONs, Zack, virtually any of the Shinra staff, since none of them really died, per se.

FF8: Lots here too…Cid Kramer (B-Garden Headmaster), Martine (G-Garden Headmaster), Vinzer Deling, Ellone, Laguna/Ward/Kiros, Sorceress Adel, Julia Heartilly, Raine, General Caraway, Biggs/Wedge, Fujin/Raijin. I’d avoid Ultimecia if possible, because she just blows.

FFX: Yu Yevon, any of the Maesters, Braska, Yuna’s mother (never really was mentioned much, you could bring that into light, who knows). I guess Jecht wouldn’t exist, since technically without Sin, neither does Tidus, or Zanarkand for that matter.

FFX-2: Vegnagun, Shuyin, Lenne. Only played this game through once, that’s about all that sticks out in my mind except for the characters I mentioned earlier.

Hope that’s what you were looking for.

Hmm… perhaps an EASIER question to make would be: What GROUPS AND ORGANIZATIONS should be involved? I’ve already mentioned some, such as some of the Governments, Shinra, and the Church of Yevon. But, I’m sure I’m missing several important ones. So tell me which good, evil, and otherwise groups I should include. Remember: Powerful and/or influential ones. The actor’s troupe from FF8 was fun but not really major in the big picture, for example.

Yes there is such a thing as a spork. They’re perfect for grapefruits.

Ah, I see.

I think you’ve pretty much nailed all the important groups though.

Here’s something to think about. if there is no magicite what fuels the events of ff6 since the ENTIRE plot revolved around espers and magicite. the sole thing fueling (two different ways) the empie was their desire for magicite to run their m tek armor and espers to extract magic from.