hell...

I’m pretty sure Gulf Wars 1 and 2 (although 2’s aftermath certainly isn’t) would be described as conventional in terms of fighting. Sure they had more precision bombing, but that’s hardly unconventional. Just a new adaptation to make carpet bombing obsolete.

Any word from Pierson?

I think the most interesting part about this is how Madrid’s Olympic bid was hampered because of security concerns after their terrorist attack. We’ll have to wait and see if the IOC says something about it. Athens spent a couple billion on security, and all there was a tutu-wearing idiot jumping into the pool.

Strangly, This is the second time my mum has narrowly Missed a terrorist bomb, We were in Warrington when IRA blew up Boot’s we Took a Detour before they blew it up.

BN
My Mate’s Dgad’s standed, but unharmed, execpt for the fact he was asked to help, he’s a fire fighter.

Quite so, and we will continue to lose in the war on terror for as long as we stay in Iraq.

I think we just need to stay the hell out of other country’s affairs.

When did we become the world police?

Its too late now though. Practically the whole planet is anti-US and that is sad. We used to stand for justice and democracy. Now is seems like we stand for power, control, and censorship.

Pathetic really. We need some kind of greater evil to unite against. Aliens or something.

Yea, i didn’t include that because there was no-one fighting back :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, they were fighting back. Just not very well.

Yeah, the first Gulf War was conventional and second Gulf War/OIF started out conventional, but changed shortly after Baghdad fell. Although OIF did have some unconventional aspects (primarily the Iraqi military not wearing uniforms and fighting among civilians at times). Kosovo was fairly conventional, we just decided to use air attacks instead of ground attacks. I remember when I first saw that one I thought that we had reached a new era for fighting.

Korea is still technically going since we never signed a treaty or had a full resolution or anything. In fact, such as the DMZ is still a very dangerous area. I was watching a documentary on it on time and the border area is very fortified on both sides and both sides take many precautions as if the war is going on (since it technically is).

Vietnam had conventional aspects, but they were never together or cohesive; it was very sporadic. In Vietnam we usually kicked ass in the conventional parts, but didn’t do as well in the unconventional parts.

Also, Iraq is pretty complicated war. If we had lost as many lives as we have so far in past conventional wars, wars of mass atrition, we would be doing pretty well. However, since people are seeing and hearing more (especially seeing more), they aren’t supportig it as much. We haven’t lost that many incomparison to other wars.

Here is a list of the deaths in each war, just for America.

Iraq is still fairly low in comparison.

I’ll be honest, that was amongst my first two thoughts. This is terrible. I feel the same way this morning as I did back on September 11th.

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showpost.php?p=496833&postcount=22

He is ok
http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?t=23177
see last post.

How can you fight this kind of a war? There are millions of potential kamikazes (martyrs for some) growing up. Do you nuke half the planet? Just as a preventive strike?

Edit: Dev, you are too fast for me.

I’m nowhere near, London. I thought Urkani is a Londoner, and since every one who been to London passes though that area. That the Person I Worred about.

BN

Yeah, I noticed that. Thanks for telling anyway.

Seifer just voiced one of my most vibrant thoughts: How do you deal with an entire population raised to firmly believe that suicide attacks are a fast route to paradise? These guys aren’t just doing it for their ideals, they have absolute confidence in the fact that they are going to their version of heaven. What do you do against enemies like these without recurring to genocide?

When you have enemies like that, it is hard to know just what to do. They are possibly the hardest to fight. Especially when they can bring the fight right to you front door.

Luckily for myself I don’t have any relatives in that area. I just wish that the same could be said for everyone, and that there was no one in those areas when this happened. But as a whole people just aren’t that lucky.

Yeah just what you think the deceased families are thinkin’ right now? poor souls never knew until it was too late…as for the cause of it, im not much into politics so i dunno

That is the ahrdest part about fighting in Iraq. Many insurgents don’t care too much about dying, just as long as they kill us.

Color me once by Violent Femmes

Color me once color me twice
Everything gonna turn out nice
Everlasting arms you gotta keep me from these false alarms
Alarm, alarm I see you sad
Maybe I see you I’m glad
Maybe maybe t he fire of her desire
Patience patience said the man
Patience patience I can’t understand
Patience like a man and a wife I got patience on my neck like a cold cold knife
I say Jack be nimble Jack fall dead
Jack bend over and give Jilly head
Oh you gotta help my body heal my soul

Dead men working a sinner a saint
Mixing up a pail of paint
Painted the house, black as night
When the sun came up the house was white
Gotta go on gotta go on
we gotta go on you gotta go on
you gotta go on
go on
go on
try and live life like I couldn’t

Anyways, I feel sorry for those in London.

((The song just seems to fit right now >.> sorry if it offends anyone))

Quite so, and we will continue to lose in the war on terror for as long as we stay in Iraq.

I agree. I NEVER believed the whole WMD deal- it was clear they just wanted to get Saddam. We should’ve focused on continuing to tail Al Qaida and other terrorist groups.

I think we just need to stay the hell out of other country’s affairs.

We should’ve done that a long time ago. Even if we had, thought, there’s no garantee that we -or other countries- wouldn’t be attacked by madmen.

When did we become the world police?

Since the United Nations failed to become one.

Its too late now though. Practically the whole planet is anti-US and that is sad.

Not true. Not just yet, anyway. Though the Irak war isn’t helping.

We used to stand for justice and democracy. Now is seems like we stand for power, control, and censorship.

To be honest, fanatics don’t care what we REALLY stand for. They’ll hate us anyway.

Pathetic really. We need some kind of greater evil to unite against. Aliens or something.

And what do you call terrorism? t’s the governments of the World that can’t seem to get around to working together to deal with it.

How can you fight this kind of a war? There are millions of potential kamikazes (martyrs for some) growing up. Do you nuke half the planet? Just as a preventive strike.

Contrary to what you might believe, not everyone in countries that house terrorists hate the US, much less are willing to die for their causes. But there ARE groups indoctrinating people from childhood to become suicide warriors. Those are the ones we should attack, WITH the help of the local authorities. (Demanded by force, if necessary.)

Fighting terrorism will take a long time, and a lot of blood. But it has to be done. We must accept that. (And our governments must realize, it can’t be done by force alone.)

I wonder how Britain is going to deal with this. It seems like Tony Blair isn’t going to back down like Spain’s president was pretty much forced too afterwards. I feel badly for those folks though, but it just goes to show that it seems like there’s no way to ever feel safe anywhere nowadays.

I actually had a feeling about this yesterday, when they were tlaking about the Olympics being held there, but they must’ve been planning this for a long while. I just feel like there’s no real end to this fight. Terrorism isn’t an entity that can just be held down or be pinpointed. I know people have to fight against terrorism, but not to be pessimistic or anything, but do you ever think there’s not going to be an end to it no matter how fard we fight against it? It just seems like someone else picks up the gauntlet right after someone else is taken care of.