hell...

Terrorism will ALWAYS exist, like crime will always exist. What we can do is minimize it as much as possible: by attacking the groups that indoctrinate, by cutting their supplies of weapons and money, by helping poor countries become stronger so they can resist it themselves… it isn’t a single-solution problem. Nor a quick-fix one.

See that’s kinda hard to believe if you’ve ever seen kid’s programs on middle- eastern channels (and I’ve seen some, featuring 4 year old girls walking up aand yelling how they’re gonna march into the US one day, the blood of those heretics shall be fertilizer to the earth, damned they will be and get to taste her revenge for invading her holy country, she will kill everyone she sees, their family and everyone who knows their name, etc etc etc. All that accompanied by some more propaganda. o.o
Martyrs? Nooo. Not a problem at all. The rest world still likes you, WM. Of course they do. nodnod

Yeah…bombing the shit out of a country and setting up a stooge in office is REALLY gonna solve everyone’s problems. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It will once we brainwash them and take over all the other countries in the world and do the same.

Well, now england knows what it feels like to have an attack that came from now where. Pretty soon, places all over the world will be at war. Bloodshed will be a common thung, and the world shall go through a tribulation. Earth basically is now a living hell.

NG…no wait, nevermind.

-_-;

Einstein had a similar dilemma:

“I didn’t write that I was an absolute pacifist but that I have always been a convinced pacifist. That means there are circumstances in which in my opinion it is necessary to use force. Such a case would be when I face an opponent whose unconditional aim is to destroy me and my people.”

Aside from that, I think its exagerated to believe that the entire middle east is a spawning ground for suicidal blind religious zealots. Sure that’s where a good chunk are coming from, but there are millions of people there who just want to live their lives and be left alone. If 10 000/1 million were terrorists, that’d be 1% of the population. I doubt its even half that. You have to be careful with how you generalize people like this. These people have rights just like the rest of us.

Um…

You HAVE heard of the Irish Republican Army, right?

Well apparently im stupid, so no, i dont know what it is. I dont think this whole thing is effecting me at all, its in the nature of man have power, and to obtain power, he must get it through force, or else he wont get it.

Simple Really. Faith said it like this “Want. Take. Have.” After all, we all just wanna have a good time before we die.

My mom called me this morning and woke me up to tell me about it… I immediatly called all of my family in London. We’ve contacted everyone except for one of my cousins. :frowning:

The United States’ rally to combat “global terrorism” was at first nothing more than a front with which to invade Iraq. It’s rather hard to combat an enemy which is a set of beliefs rather than a concrete enemy, and also it rings hollow when so many civilians perished for no good reason. Why does communism have such a negative connotation? Because virtually no leader which tried to impose communist ideals did not commit some kind of atrocity.

I hope your cousin is okay.

If the United States wanted to fight terrorism, they’d stop supporting israel, and lift sanctions on most middle eastern nations.

oops i said that out loud huh?

As Sin said, less than 1% of the people in the middle east wish to kill everyone else. If there are 6 billion people in the world, and only about 30,000 want to kill everyone, that’s a force of 0.001% of the world’s people trying to kill the other 99.999%. I think the odds are kind of stacked in our favor. It’ll be hard to wipe out people who hate our ideals, but not impossible. Dev makes a lot of sense, but then Israel would just be destroyed. We have to listen to them, and not just ignore them. They’re people too.

Even in the bleakest of situations, hope can survive. I think the end of FF6 focused on that. Maybe you should try playing that again before you depress yourself much further. :smiley:

I’ll just repost what I’ve posted at every other forum.

It was coming, everyone knew it, just not so soon. How unfortunate.

Mao had a lot of people killed >.>.

Awww. Thank you :slight_smile:

Now we just sit and wait to see how Britain will react. Will they leave Iraq like Spain, or stay and keep fighting a pretty hopeless conflict?

I feel sorry for everyone who died, and their families, and everything else. I hope nobody here lost anyone in their lives.

I doubt that they’ll leave. For one it would really hurt relations with America. it would also open them up to more terrorists attacks since terrorists would see that the attack accomplished a goal. Also, Spain primarily left because of the new government, which was a result of the terrorist attack, nopt because of the attack itself. The party in power ran on getting Spain out of Iraq and did it once they got into power.