Happy Pi Day!

NT

Circles just wouldn’t be the same without it.

Ditto for a big chunk of the dictionary.

Being a purist, I only celebrated this holiday in 1592.

Happy BD, Pi! Have a Pi Pie!!

Yeah? But did you celebrate it at 6:53 in the morning?

Also…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHhh8Gu7BL8

Except technically, if you rounded up, it’d have to have been in 1593…

Obviously, as Killmore suggests, I celebrated at 6:53 in the morning.

You’re forgetting even more rounding. It would be 6:54 in the morning, unless you’re counting seconds.

It was a brief celebration.

And the whole skipping back and forth of units of time going month/day/year/hour/minute makes me quite happy to be living in Europe thank you very much.

11:15, restate my assumptions: 1. Mathematics is the language of nature. 2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. 3. If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature.

22/7 = 22nd of August is approximately pi enough for me.

And if you graph them long enough then you get an awful indie movie that tries to talk about math but instead goes into avant-garde bullshit

You don’t like it because there aren’t any blue haired twirly hair little anime girlies running around scremaing NANI! and GAKI! or whatever the fuck gobble dee gook Nip language claptrap little girls squeal around in their bullshit fffaarrrttzzz

So I’m a math conference right now so every mathematician here wanted pie for pi day, but the people in charge forgot to get any pie for us. So my professor and I walked two blocks down to Whole foods to buy out all of their pie. (Blocks are long in Arizona…). We grabbed all five remaining pies they had out and started bugging the bakery guy for more pie. It seems we really confused the workers there because they had no idea was pi was, nor why we were celebrating it. They wished us a happy math party as we were leaving.

PHILISTINE!

Pigmoid.

Yeah I said it.

I thought the 14th of march was steak and blowjob day?

yeh that’s right

SO WAT