Greatest Stroke of Luck in FFs

I was wondering… How many of you have been insanely lucky during an FF boss fight? I remember that once of the times I fought Zeromus, he kept casting Meteo over and over again, but it never hit anyone!

Ah, moments of great luck that you’ll never forget ina game? I have the ultimate one.

Imagine, if you will: FFIV, Zeromus, four characters already Dead, Rydia has less than 1000 hp left. I decide to cast Asura to heal her, since I accidentally got rid of mine recently (long story). I was attacked with White, did like 700, and finally, she casted Asura. You knwo what happened?

Life happened, and everyone was revived. i couldn’t believe that the Gods were so generous, and I made Rosa cast Cure4 immediately.

But before she pulls that off, Zeromus casts Meteo. ><

A case of “No status defenses whatsoever” in FFX, with low-stat chars in Omega Dungeon, and I encounter a Great Malboro weith everyone on critical status. BAD BREATH!!! And miraculously, the worst thing that hits me is Poison/Silence. A bad case of O_O afterwards Auron the gives 'im the trusty Nine Iron…

Well, this wasn’t really luck, but just pure determination. In FF7, when you go through that cave in Cosmo Canyon, I entered against the boss at the end (the one with the two flames accompanying him) with less than 30 MP with each character. I had wasted it all against the spider monsters in the cave. Well, anyways, in not much time, I ran out of MP. After that, my party (Cloud, Red XIII, Aeris) were limited to attacking for damage, and using items for healing. I sat there for like a half an hour, figuring that it was probably useless, but that I should try anyways. Well, I eventually did win. Of course, afterwards, I found out that he was undead, and a Phoenix Down or X Potion probably could have killed him.

on Final Fantasy IX i was on the battle with IIFA. i thought it would be a really tough battle so i used lucky seven on him straight away (this was the first time i had used it). anyway, it hit the first time and killed him. i think that’s the only boss battle iv’e finished in one hit. :stuck_out_tongue:

A licky moment? I would probably have to say, when I was last playing FF6, going up against a pair of Behemoths, on the floating comtinent, one blow away form dead, and Shadow’s Assassin blade, killed them both of them, in one shot each. Now that was lucky!!

But truly I have had a lot of lucky moments, when I just lucked into winning!!

After Atma Weapon, in FF6, I made it out with Shadow with a second to spare.

FF7 Emerald Weapon…it used that Aire Tam Storm thingy on me about five times during the battle, only one actually hit anybody, and Cid managed to survive on about 6HP, I used Highwind Limit, cause there was no way I could revive anyone and be able to attack before it’s next turn, and it killed the bugger…mwa ha ha haaa!:o

Originally posted by SquallStrife
on Final Fantasy IX i was on the battle with IIFA. i thought it would be a really tough battle so i used lucky seven on him straight away (this was the first time i had used it). anyway, it hit the first time and killed him. i think that’s the only boss battle iv’e finished in one hit.

If your meaning the actual tree thing (SoulCage, I think it’s called) inside the Iifa Tree, then all you need to do is cast life or use a pheonix down to kill it one hit anyway. If that isn’t the boss you meant then what I just said doesn’t matter.

i see…

Fightning Nemesis and actually winning -_-

Originally posted by Xelopheris
Fightning Nemesis and actually winning -_-

Wow, you beat Nemesis? I still haven’t done that without using Yojimbo…

Anyway, in FFOrigins, I was at that glitch point with four fighters at level 11. I was against four Wyvrns (I think thats what they’re called), and they killed all but my weakest Fighter. I had like 3 hp, and I killed the last one. But, I was poisoned. And I had one hp and on the way back to town, I got suprise attacked by three imps and they killed me. Lol.

DanteCole, i think he was talking about Nemesis off FFX

Hmmm…

Probably getting a random Phoenix summon after everyone got killed fighting Ozma in FF9.

I stole every item from every boss in FF9 in the first try (well, enough tries to get every item). Except for the Fairy Flute, but every other boss was stripped within 3 or 4 rounds.

Killing Zeromus in FF4 with only Cecil alive. He even had 1 HP at the end of the fight. If thats not luck I dont know what is:eek: :thud:

Greatest stroke of luck? Excellent topic idea!

Anyway, during one of the later battles in Final Fantasy Tactics, I was surrounded by ghosts and undeads. My life was very low, and defeat seemed imminent. However, my Calculator’s turn came up, and I actually managed to calculate Cure3 onto everything on the battlefield! Not only was my team healed nearly fully, all of the enemies were killed! Cool, huh?

And on a side note, did you know you can actually “break off” parts of Neo X-Death by casting Shoat on him? The graphic actually changes, but the parts quickly come back. Interesting…

Luck?

Don’t remember what was the boss’ name, but it was the fight in FF6 Cyan’s dream world (the fight where he will re-appear only if a character is near-death). I had only Mog, Umaro and Gau at that time, and unfortunately… I sent Mog on Dance and Gau on Rage. >_<

But… I won… :hyperven:

How the hell did you beat WREXSOUL without being able to control your characters?! What dance and rage did they have?

Now that’s a good question! That guy isn’t exactly a walk in the park.