Greatest Stroke of Luck in FFs

My big moment was at the end of FF9, the last boss, can’t remember what it was, but Freya, Eiko, and Zidane were all dead and Amarant had 1 HP. I don’t know what the boss was casting but he did something and it missed, or it kept using some non offensive magic, but I can’t remember. I actually had time to revive Eiko, get her to use full life on someone else, get that someone else to revive the last person and recover everyone’s HP.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
Now that’s a good question! That guy isn’t exactly a walk in the park.

That’s not just it, in order to beat Wrexsoul, you need to be able to KILL and REVIVE your allies! And I don’t recall a single Dance Magic or Rage Enemy that can revive! And even if there is, the chances of the one who HAS the ability not dying, and acually casting that spell, let alone on the person that requires it, is so small that it’s pointless to even try and guess it!

Ultimate Irony delux…

back when I had FFVI on my super nintendo… I was going through Kefka’s tower and was about to fight one of those dragon buggers… Sabin had just unleashed one of his Bum Rushes on this scaly buttwipe when out of nowhere he stops in mid air… the music pauses… and my eyes grow the size of beyond anime porportions as I realized… in fact… my game had frozen…

Sad… Depressed… Suicidal even… I reluctantly reset my game and decided to get back at least a liiiiiitle bit of what I had done in the past 2 hours… But when I went to the load screen… again… my little heart shattered into a thousand little slivers when I realized with a sickening quickness that not only had my game frozen… but the entire file was G-O-N-E!!! erased… diseased… easily 50-60 hours of sweet game play lost…

I think I cried for about 20 minutes… yeah… I was obsessed as a kid…

so… after my cry fest… I stared at the screen again… and started a new game… sad… heartbroken… wanting to slam my controller through a wall… I got to the point where Terra wakes up and you finally get to run away through the caves of narshe… I had to heal myself (and you know you start out with a few tonics… some potions and whatever else) I opened the item screen and nearly wet myself in utter amazement…

I had 99 of EVERY item you could collect in the game O_O’

imagine if you can!

99 Gem boxes
99 Gengi gloves
99 economizers
Best swords…
Best armors…
Awesome crap I never knew existed

Oh… my… gods… I had the most kick ass time with that game…

sniffles It’s long dead now… and never have I seen anything like that again… it was weird… it was depressing… but oh gods I’ve never gotten over that initial shock quite yet O_O

Ah, the name’s Wrexsoul!

It’s actually Desperation status, right? He will re-appear when a character happens to go there…

Seriously, I don’t remember what happened, but it was hell of a waiting… ;_;

Originally posted by ucha-ki-pata
[b]Ah, the name’s Wrexsoul!

It’s actually Desperation status, right? He will re-appear when a character happens to go there…

Seriously, I don’t remember what happened, but it was hell of a waiting… ;_; [/b]

Wrexsoul comes back when tthe character harbouring him dies, plain and simple. And thus, I find your statement to must be false. Sorry. None of Mog’s dance skills can revive, and the only enemy I know of that even HAS a regenerating spell has the spell of Life 3, which seems to be impossible to apply in this situation.

Alright then. I don’t even remember how it turned out … but what we did was staring blankly at the screen waiting, with hope the fight would be won in the end… And it ended well.

Wait, the dead character does not have to be revived, right?
Maybe one of them did stay dead until the end… <_<

Ah, well… that was 3 years back. ;_;

Off Topic Boasting: I was level 99 when fighting Zeromus, so his meteo did only like 6000 damage to Cecil ('cuz he had the adament armor).

On topic: I think my luckiest moment was fighting the Evil Wall in FF4. All my characters except for Kain were dead and the wall was at the closest range so it could use its death attack. Kain jumped and then the wall used its death attack, but it missed because Kain was in the air. Then, Kain hit the wall and it died.

actually all you have to do to beat wrexsoul is use X-Zone

Greatest stroke of luck was playing FFV against Neo Exdeath. Butz was the only one remaining with about 100 HP. I have him with the mimic class and had him use the Coin ability (or whatever the samurai ability is). By a stroke of luck it happened to kill him. I can’t remember what the ending looked like though, but I remember that.

Once in FF7, i was fighing Emerald Weapon. I wasn’t doing so good, but then Emeral attacked cloud, and just happened to bring his HP to 7777. I never knew Lucky 7’s existed before that… hell of a way to find out.

Another story is much similar to Evangelion. I kept getting killed by… that guy… it was finally Hades who told me to take Vivi out of my party and put Amarant in… I won after doing that. The battle was fairly simple once all my characters didnt get wiped out in 3 turns…

FF6, Storm dragon, I realized there was no way I could hurt it if I kept all my party alive so after Setzer died I ignored him, and tried to keep the rest alive, rage killed Celes and left me with the brothers, Sabin and Edgar, both in running shoes. Edgar had the thunder shield protecting him from its air attacks, I used lots of Chainsaw, Mantra, Cure 2 and on several occasions I almost died a kept them both alive. Mantra was helpful with only Edgar to use it on too, and in the end I fluked out and won.

What I am about to say, is the Luckiest thing that could happen in any FF in IMO. I was fighting Emerald Weapon, I beat him up with my combos materia, when He got annoyed and used Aire Tam Strom,…He Missed us, that’s right he missed my party, TWICE even, even though it wouldn’t have mattered, I would have beat him either way he missed me. Some ppl don’t want to hear it but It happened.