Forum Rules

I know most people have read the rules, but I know from experience that most people don’t read them carefully or just skim them. Or like me don’t read them till you been here a few months ^_^;; So all you noobs read the rules. All you who haven’t, read them. That should make things eaisier(sp) around here.

Makes me wish we could make the button/link above any more blatant without having to resort to putting strippers of both genders there.

Heh… I just found that button a month ago after looking forever. It was to obvious for me. Also I’m blonde…

I’m sure there’s a math algorythm to explain how inversely proportional the obviousness of a button can be with the amount of people who notice it. And it’s mentionned in the announcement thread which is the first thread of the first page to boot.

You should put a counter on th rules page. Just to see… then again most of the rules are blatantly obvious.

The problem with where the rules are now, are that they are at the top which a lot of internet users have learned to totally ignore because of the many banners thoughout the internet. Now if you had a space between the first and second post to but that button, you possibly could get more people to view the rules.

Isn’t there a way to make the rules page one of the pages people will automatically pass by when they sign in too? I remember that I only read that page long after having joined.

looks at topic

YEAH! THE FOURM RULES!!! JUST LIKE THE CIDER HOUSE!

THE CIDER HOUSE RULES!!!

[tries to find it; finds it] You could use the Blink tag … though that might just get annoying.

Originally posted by Ren
Isn’t there a way to make the rules page one of the pages people will automatically pass by when they sign in too? I remember that I only read that page long after having joined.
yeah probably. I’ll have to sit down and fiddle with stuff someday.

that doesn’t mean the person will actually read it and more importantly, follow it.

I was gonna suggest putting the rules into a huge-lettered thread on the main forum, but then I noticed the announcement and quickly left the idea there. Of course, you could add rules/help buttons to the Menu/New Game/Calendar/… button row…

Originally posted by Sinistral
that doesn’t mean the person will actually read it and more importantly, follow it.

He’s right. Most people pay the same attention to forum/chat/stuff rules as to “Do not enter this page if you are under 18” signs.

I never really read the rules, but everything was easy enough to pick up, since I just sat back, and listened to you all tell other newbies about not breaking them.

Originally posted by Kagato Toujou
[b]looks at topic

YEAH! THE FOURM RULES!!! JUST LIKE THE CIDER HOUSE!

THE CIDER HOUSE RULES!!! [/b]

its Forum rules. Not The Forum Rules.

Yeah the rules took me forever to find and the only reason Idecided to read them is because I was tired of people being rude and stuff so I decided to see if they were allowed to do certian things and stuff. Yeah. I learned alot from that rule page.

I remember anothwer Forum i once visited used a quiz-thingy during the joining process. It seemed to work, too.

There needs to be a three page essay requirement to sign up for RPGC Message Boards.
Double-spaced with 12 point font.
Times New Roman, no cheating!
It has to be about why you think you’ll make an improvement to RPGC’s forums, as well.
Man. I would so be hated for imposing that if I were admin :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Steve
There needs to be a three page essay requirement to sign up for RPGC Message Boards.
Double-spaced with 12 point font.
Times New Roman, no cheating!
It has to be about why you think you’ll make an improvement to RPGC’s forums, as well.
Man. I would so be hated for imposing that if I were admin :stuck_out_tongue:

SINGLE SPACED.

Some people just ignore the rules entirely. RPGC has had a few cases of someone spamming to advertise a product.

I agree that the rules page should be something people should pass through, though. There are MBs that are solely dedicated to flaming other people and some people may think that includes this boards.

Originally posted by Cala
SINGLE SPACED.

Ohhh…you’re evil…

Hmmm…to get people to read the rules…how about, to get a membership you must be able to recite the forum rules page while strapped to a and being beaten by one of SF’s rubber mallets, than after you have completed your <strike>hazing</strike> test, you get your membership…

Or, someone could just create a thread about reading the rules, than everyone would go “Oh, yea, the rules! That big, huge button at the top of the forum! Hmm, maybe i should read them!”