Flcl

Isn’t his name Canti?
Oh well
Yes, this freakin’ anime kicks most anime’s asses :stuck_out_tongue:

Cantide, The God of Flames: But everyone just calls him Canti. It was a name givien to him by Mamimi, the Firelady.

I personally like to call him Tv-Walkman.

Kagato Toujou probably haven’t seen it subbed, and therefore wrote it down phonical. The way it sounds. Or he’s just lazy and doesn’t learn the spelling of names. The lazyarse.

I knew Mamimi gave him the name, but I only seen that particular episode only once. I loved that one the best though, even better than the fourth one with the baseball-oriented theme. But I don’t remember the God of Flames part. I thought it was Lord of Fear.

“Why is eating Curry? Hey! WHY IS IT MOVING???” One of the first things I saw on FLCL. Good times. And yeah, I guess I’m just lazy. And poor. Damn, I want FLCL on DVD…

Oh, what really bites my ass is when I went home this weekend, I burnt the rest of the FLCL soundtrack that I didn’t have already onto a CD, including the FLCL Arranged version of “Advice” that’s played in the first episode on the bridge (although I noticed the short “Runners High” part wasn’t included. Grah…). So I was thinking when i got back, I could open up that 8-Bit remix of Advice I’m working on, and try and write the main eletric guitar part out, but nooOOOOOooo!!!

However, I did get my hands on some of Yorii Gallop (played during Episode 3 when Nina Mori has the big f**king robot growing out of her head I call everything that comes out of Nato’s head 'big fking robot’ ), which is all good.

Ninamori Eri, not Nina Mori.

I’m the resident Ninamori expert. We sound alike.

Yeah, you said her Jap voice sounded like yours. makes mental note to kill for FLCL sub soon

Some of my friends said they were going to bring 'shrooms or something to fuck themselves up on and then watch the show so it can make sense. I’d better be around them to make sure one of them doesn’t try to fug the foozeball table. Again.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]A lot of those who have analysed Furi Kuri will say that the core is about teenage romance. I’m liable to agree with them. If you remove the robots, the cats, and all the elements that Tsurumaki Kazuya added because he wanted to, that is, in the large, what you’re left with.

Furi Kuri rules. As anyone who have realised who it is I always use in my avatar is, should know I would say.

It’s Ninamori Eri. Me and the Japanese voice actress sound alike, and the character is cool. [/b]

I was reading the manga and I realized who your avvie was like a month ago. I felt very smart for a moment.

Originally posted by Alyx
I was reading the manga and I realized who your avvie was like a month ago. I felt very smart for a moment.

Congratulations.
I don’t know how many times I’ve said that my avatars features only one person: Ninamori. At least on this forum, I’ve used Skuld on some others.

Of course its crazy. Its from GAinax…

Furi Kuri!!! ^o^

I love the moving-but-not scooter scene in the end credits ^^

I think I noticed something…Furi Kuri has some sort of symbolism behind hands. I think it was completely revealed at the begning of the last episode where Nato was saying the hand stood for “Go back, you can’t go any further” and such on, and how ‘Eyebrows’ was going on about the wrinkles in the hands.

But there was a big fking robot-hand thing poping out of Nato’s head in the first episode, I’m not sure about the second, I’ve only seen it once, the thrid was more of a “claw” monster, the fourth had a huge fking robot-baseball glove, the fifth had the huge f**king robot-trenchcoat mafia hand monster, and the sixth one had the same giant hand sticking out of Metal Mechanica.

So yeah…there’s my observation of the day.

The second was the rest of the robot in the first. It was it’s left hand you saw in the first.

Actually, I’m not sure if it was the left hand. But with all the symbolism in Furi Kuri, it probably was.

Yeah, I think it was. Come to think of it, the base-ball glove was a “righty” Meh.

ssmmooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOch!!!

That whole “smooooooooooch” thing was funny as hell, btw.

Chuuu?

Buh? ::dekar!::

If I am not mistaken, Japanese say chuuuu instead of smooootch. At least if we are talking about kissing sounds.

It is my divine duty to confuse people. MwaHaHaHa.

And devine more than divine it is! (there’s a word you don’t hear so often, devine)

But chuuuu… Hrmm… Time to implamant that into my vocabulary.

Btw, I had a Furi Kuri-like dream last night. Saturday, our marching band went to another college to play at a football game. Right before the halftime show, in the first time EVER, i dropped my horn (bari sax, the Grey Ghost, oldest still-working instrument in the University). i could’ve fucking KILLED myself for it, there’s so much behind that horn. That night, I had a dream 'cause I thought about it and got angry, it burst RIGHT out of my forehead!!!

I woke up, and labeled that as one of the coolest things I’ve ever experienced.

I just bought the FLCL DVD’s.

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Nulani
If I am not mistaken, Japanese say chuuuu instead of smooootch. At least if we are talking about kissing sounds.

Ya, chu means kiss in japanese… and it sounds funny if you are an anime girl and you make it real long… Chuuuuuuuuuuu… see?

Originally posted by Nightblade
[b]I just bought the FLCL DVD’s.

:slight_smile: [/b]
DVDs? The series is only 150 min, and low-quality animation, so why would it need more than one disc?

It’s on three disks, and I’m glad it is. Putting it all on one disk would have greatly reduces the quality. And then of course, there’s more profit to get from three DVDs than one.

Just be glad they didn’t release it on six DVDs, like in Japan.