Flcl

I watched FLCL on dvd with a bunch of friends one night, I must say it was one of the BEST animes I’ve seen ^^
… and it got me hooked on the pillows, of which I now have around every song they ever made <.<;;; and once I can find a credit card I will actually be owning their albums ;;>.>

The best part though, in FLCL, was when the old man was dieing in his food XD;;; seriosly, we paused it there to eat something, for like 30 minutes, and we would randomly burst out laughing when we looked at the TV :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure obseen amounts of sugar had something to do with that, but I don’t care. :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy:

What didn’t you like about it Ajora? And guh, is your avatar from Azumanga Daio? That’s really been bugging me since I’ve been trying to figure out where it’s from =P.

FLCL is absolutely beautiful in my opinion- it’s one of my favorites. Behind all the parodies and random weird stuff, there is an actually deep theme to it.

Originally posted by Kagon
Behind all the parodies and random weird stuff, there is an actually deep theme to it.

It does???

Yes, it does. But I wouldn’t reccomend trying to figure it out for yourself until at least the second run through of the series.

Yeah, boil away all the extra stuff, and you’ve got an anime that deals with romance, growing up, and will power amongst other things.

And the actual theme will seem to have nothing to do with the anime, and vice versa. They did a really good job.

Tsurumaki Kazuya put everything he liked into the anime, remove all that and you’re left with the theme.

I would tell you what I think the theme is, and what Tsurumaki Kazuya says the theme is, but that would be boring and make things too easy for you.

Judging by the comments; Kagon, is your avvy from FLCL then?

Plus, am getting the first one, and am now positively looking forward to it. :smiley:

It’s Amarao. Those eyebrows are made of cardboard and glued on, when they fall off he turns into a wuss.

Ninamori can kick his ass. nod, nod

Yeah, he’s really funny without the eyebrows =P.

“What about eye brows?” twitches eyebrows

OBVIOUS PARODY ALERT! XD

Just got through ep 1, and I have to say, the animation was some of the best I’d seen for a while. Overall though, I agree with Nightblades orginal post

WTF!?

Very surreal, very cool. I can even see where it gets the actual real issues Kagon mentions. :smiley:

runs off to <strike>download</strike> buy more FLCL

Originally posted by Pierson
[b]
WTF!?

[/b]

I watched ep 2 and…still…WTF!!!

It’ll probably be like that for a while.

Ok, here’s what you do.

First time through, enjoy FLCL for what it is and don’t try to make sense of it. You won’t be able to until you’ve seen it all anyways.

Second time through, NOW go in and try to make (more) sense of it. You’ll pick up on a lot more stuff and won’t miss out on anything either.

Done. :smiley:

Oh, and to answer your PM since your box was full- yeah, there’s only 6 episodes in the series.

That sucks. And blows.:too bad;

…and it’s back on again…

It may be a bit old, this thread, but it was at least still on the first page…

I love that anime…

I love that anime’s music…

I love it when it makes fun of NGE

I love the television walkman (by sony)

I love the animation

I love it when the robot gets wings

I love it

Yeah, you gotta love Kateen. (the TV-Robot). He’s the type that just by being there has more personality than the rest of the cast. Like Chewbaca in Starwars. The dolphin from SeaQuest. Chim-chim from Speed Racer. The list goes on.