Final Fantasy X

Your friend is full of bull. :3

Pierson, why’d you change your avatar? The one with the dude putting his hands up, and the exclamation point above his head kicked SO MUCH ASS.

Not as much ass as Ash. Ash kicks more ass than every professional ass-kicker in the world combined, even if they went SSJ3.

You fucking suck.

No, YOU suck, because you prefer some random cosplayer over BRCUE FUCKING CAMPBELL.

Indeed.

Okay. I beat the parts I was stuck on, thanks to some people from the RPGChat. I asked yesterday, on the RPGChat, for help with that dragon dudething. Spectral Keeper… I need a decent strategy for fighting him, that doesn’t involve me dying. k tanks bai

Is that the guy in the Zanarkand ruins? Seperate your characters by two spaces each, so he can’t hit multiple characters at once. And if he gets at one of them just move them over and then move them back. That should really stop his most devastating effects. From then on, I guess just hastega and wack away. He can be challenging if you can’t get your characters over quick enough. He has a habit of killing them off and then you have to revive them and you never get the chance to spread out.

You seem to be having issues with boss battles. Try to get all of the Aeons to their overdrive and then get Yuna to hers, so you have all your aeons ready to rock, and then an extra one for bahamaut. Also, Wakka’s status effect attacks are pretty useful, unless the boss is guarded against them, then generally last for 3 or 5 turns. Hastega and Protect are really useful, as is cheer.

Yes. I agree, Cheer is an awesome skill… and yes, I do have trouble with most boss-battles. I’m way under sphere’d. My friend, at that time, had 1/2 of the spheregrid completed by them for each character… I don’t even got 1/3.

By spreading them out by 2 spaces, you must just use the Command: Move? I think you can spread them 1 space apart only… I might consider going back to the Calm Lands, and training like fuck there.

I suck at this game.
Because it’s my first playthrough.
I should buy gameshark.

I only did the station or DOME again. (There’s a Teleporter pad to the east of corridor before entering the colour Puzzle part).

It Help If you have Full overdrives for every one + Aeons.

Big Nutter
I was level high enough that I didn’t Use Rikku’s overdrive setting up from this Boss till I finnished it

I remember that boss… he was a pain, but I eventually got him.

The main thing to remember about that boss is that he always counterattacks if someone hits him, and it hits for pretty good damage, so always have at least one person ready to heal by either a spell or a Hi-Potion.

Start off by moving your characters around so they’re not cluttered together. Press left when it’s the characters turn and choose Move and choose a pad that’s not glowing. Try to have at least one pad seperating each character.

You’ll be doing a good amount of healing in this battle, so have one character as your main attacker while the other one uses potions or a spell, and when they get the chance, have them attack (unless it’s Yuna or Lulu).

After a bit, two tiles will be glowing. If you don’t get off of them by the time it reaches the BossLetter part, then that character standing on the glowing tile is as good as dead. So you’ll be shuffling around a lot also.

All in all, just keep moving when you need to, get ready to heal, and use your Aeons overdrives, as well as your other two characters overdrives.

For prep for the Spectral Keeper Battle, you have to get Bahamu and Shiva into Overdrive, as well as Yuna and any other characters that you want to use their ODs with. Armor everyone with either Berserkward or Berserkproof (Synthesized with 8 and 32 Hypello Potions, respectively).

Now, set up your party. You want Yuna and Tideus in the 1st and 3rd slot, and either Auron, Wakka, or Kimhari (If he’s down one of their paths) in the second slot.

As soon as the battle starts, do the following:

1. Hastega
  2. Have Tidus and Yuna move one pad over.
  3. Cast Protect on your meat shield at the front. With any luck, the Keeper will go for them more often.

Now, once you’re battling, you shoudl do the following:

1. Summon Bahamut, use his overdrive. THe glyph mine which is going to be placed down in 3 seconds will probably kill him, so don’t bother Grand Summoning for 2 ODs.
  2. Grand Summon Shiva. Since Shiva has naturally high speed, plus an OD that causes a bit of delay, you MIGHT be able to get both in.
  3. Now that your good aeons are dead, start attacking normally. If a glyph mine gets spotted down underneath a character, move them. DO NOT MOVE BETWEEN THE OTHER TWO C HARACTERS! 3 characters next to each other == DEATH!!!
  4. Use your most powerful spells/abilities/ODs until the creature goes down.

All in all, Bahamut should do about 10k damage, and Shiva should do 5-6000 damage/OD (For about 10-12k total). You might be able to finish it off with just the few aeons, but probably not.

I didn’t have Hastega(or Haste) In this battle, but I still finished it on my first try.
The Wyrm always shows when he will use poison breath, and you pull back then. And fortunately, I had two people(Auron and Yuna) with stone checks. And fifteen softs(none of which at that point I bought)

My First defeat(and next seven) in FFX was to Seymour Flux. Now THAT battle is a bitch. especially the Zombie/Life2 combo.

Thank you. Someone who posts about a boss who is ACTUALLY hard.

Sorry, but I’m with Eva, the other bosses mentioned were routine wins. they were pretty much given to you.

Are you… giving advice for the Wyrm I beat a while back?

I beat Seymour Flux the third time around. Thanks to Cala and some others from the chat. Aeon OD + Rikku-> Water Gems = PWN’d.

I’m still stuck on Spectral Keeper… but I’m trying to go and get Yojimbo… but 300,000 Gil?! The total I got is fuckin’ 50,000 Gil! What gives?!

Head out and Sell any Useless Weapons and Armor. For Lulu sell any -touch/-strike and Str+ equipment. that should bring some Gil I would also Try and attempt the Monster arena capturing stuff . This can give you extra items and Gil. I recomend getting your physical Attack team the Capture wepons. Using Magic will kill not capture them.

I would make sure you have about 250,000 Gil when getting Yojimbo.

Assuming that you don’t have to worry about Dark Aeons, Make sure you use the Distuction spheres and Find Baj? temple to Syemore’s Aeon: Atima, but you need you Yojimbo to get her. (Bevelle and Besaid you already have, but the Dark Shiva’s at Macarena Enterance for the FFX-International/UK, (This is My version)

After you get to the temple you get attacked by the boss that you ran from before Meeting Rikku. Just Equip Wakka, Rikku and Titus with Anti-stone equipment for this Underwater Battle.

Big Nutter
You can get Aurons best weapon soon.
EDIT: I assumed He’d bet Yunalesca!

Nutter, some advice, read what you type before posting. It is a nightmare trying to work out what you just said with your grammer problems.

And Nutter, Setz can’t do that yet, he needs to first kill the boss he is stuck on (and the one after that) to get access to the airship.

Setz forget Yojimbo for now, he is too expensive at the moment. Just spend some time in his cave building up some sphere levels. It is a reasonable place to level, I think. Once you are stronger go back and try some of the strategies that have been given to you. They will work.

Do I have to defeat Yunalesca before the airship?

Edit: What’s wrong with BigNutters’ post? I could read it thoroughly… don’t know if he/she editted it to make more sense, but I can understand.

Yeah you do have to defeat her to get access to the airship.

And no Nutter’s hasn’t editted it, well there are only a couple of grammer errors. But there are several spelling mistakes. That is sort of what is was focusing on.

Basaid -> Besaid
Bervelle -> Bevelle

That’s all that really pointed out to me.