Final Fantasy Tactics

Well, the battles are basically the whole game, so that’s kind of the point.

They’re not that long if you’re fast and know how to belt out the offence…(I played this game too much, that’s why -_-;:wink:

Originally posted by Evangelion
They’re not that long if you’re fast and know how to belt out the offence…(I played this game too much, that’s why -_-;:wink:

Yeah, that IS true. It takes a LONG time to figure out how to dish out heavy damage. The learning curve is very gradual, but once you get the hang of the class system, you’ll be able to do some crazy stuff!

Yai! I beat Chapter 1!

Of to Chapter 2.

How many chapters are there?

4 chapters. Make sure you have 2 save states going into chapter 2, you’ll need them. Never save both games when you’re in between battles, or else you’ll have to start over if you lose.

Gafgarion betrayed me!!!

Bastard.

its easy if you take all his armor off first…

fft is the best game having anything to do with the “final fantasy” name.

the best class if obviously squire. they are undoubtablely the cutest, with archers coming in a close second.

personally, i prefer to use just ramza and 4 generic recruits that i buy and give cute names.

I am at Golgorand Execution site, (Yes I played alot, and I had no sleep).

That battle is HARD

I am at the orbonne monestay in chapter 3, but i have to start over because i kind of rushed throught the game, I have like no good jobs. I think I have a white mage a black mage and all the heros you get by then mustadio, agrias, ramza. When i start it over i am going for the samurai and lancer. Probaly both with ramza.

I like having a bunch of monks with two swords and accumulate (helps to have their brave raised real high as well). just use accumulate for the first few turns and then let the damage fly. you also get some nice ranged and healing abilities.

Yeah monks, lancers and knights are really useful. Especially monks…

Whatever you do, don’t underestimate the Calculator. Sure, it’s a horrible job on it’s own (slowest character in the game, I might add), but Math Skills are far more useful than ordinary magic.
Math Skill costs 0 MP, takes no time to charge, and goes through Reflect.

Example: For 0 MP, I was able to take down 5 undead enemies and cure my whole team back up to full life with a Cure 3 spell. Even better, while hiding in the lowest level of the Bethla Garrison, I was able to Flare both of the floodgate guards, an archer, and a knight all in one turn with no waiting! And one time, I managed to cast Flare on EVERYONE on the entire battlefield, killing all of the enemies and keeping myself alive! And it was a hard fight too!

So what I’m saying is this: Calculators are an excellent Job Class. Sure, they may be hard to use, but level them up for a while and learn some useful Math Skills, then transfer the Math Skills to another Job. Take a bit of time each battle to learn the enemy levels, stats and the lay of the land, and you should be able to pull off some really impressive attacks.

Monks are a solid class on their own, but match them up with certain abilities and they become death machines. Hamedo/Concentrate/“Equip Armor” are the most useful abilities that come to mind.

Squires are a pretty decent class, but the only character (in my opinion) who always needs access to his squire abilities is Ramza. He gains a few skills that other characters don’t, and near the end of the game you can learn Ultima!

And although accumulate is a decent battle ability, it’s most useful as a levelling up tool. Equip all your characters with “gained JP up” and make sure they have their squire abilities equipped (to access accumulate). Now find an easy battle, kill all but one enemy, and start using accumulate. Each time you use it you’ll gain a solid amount of JP and EXP, and since you can use it an infinite amount of times you can level up your jobs VERY quickly. I have mastered classes from scratch in a single sitting using this technique.

Originally posted by PanamaJack
And although accumulate is a decent battle ability, it’s most useful as a levelling up tool. Equip all your characters with “gained JP up” and make sure they have their squire abilities equipped (to access accumulate). Now find an easy battle, kill all but one enemy, and start using accumulate. Each time you use it you’ll gain a solid amount of JP and EXP, and since you can use it an infinite amount of times you can level up your jobs VERY quickly. I have mastered classes from scratch in a single sitting using this technique.

I will now steal that skill:yipee: I didn’t know you could do that…of course I dunno a lot about Tactics…my abilities don’t go beyond Deep Dungeon

I got stuck in Deep Dungon.

I beat FFT but couldnt get past the first level of DD.

Here’s a little question: How exactly does Teleport work? It looked cool when Elmdor did it, but when I try to go too far, it says “Teleport failed”. How far is too far?

An unbelievable amount of space. Or an unfair amount of blocks. Just figure it out.You probably can’t go beyond 4 (my best guess)

Yeah, Calculators are cool but I’m too lazy to check everybodys’ stats and figure out which spell to use.

I’ve beaten the game a long time ago. I basically used the Accumulate trick and Orlandu and tore through it.

Originally posted by PanamaJack
[b]Squires are a pretty decent class, but the only character (in my opinion) who always needs access to his squire abilities is Ramza. He gains a few skills that other characters don’t, and near the end of the game you can learn Ultima!

And although accumulate is a decent battle ability, it’s most useful as a levelling up tool. Equip all your characters with “gained JP up” and make sure they have their squire abilities equipped (to access accumulate). Now find an easy battle, kill all but one enemy, and start using accumulate. Each time you use it you’ll gain a solid amount of JP and EXP, and since you can use it an infinite amount of times you can level up your jobs VERY quickly. I have mastered classes from scratch in a single sitting using this technique. [/b]

Ramza’s squire abilities kick ass. Scream can make a pretty big difference if cast at least three times

And the Accumulate trick is really useful. You might want to use something to keep that last enemy from moving too. I usually threw down his/her/its speed with the knight’s Speed Break.

Now, those who don’t have accumulate (The characters with special classes like Agrias, Orlandu and the others) can try to use non lethal techs on someone of your party. To level up Agrias, I made her hit Ramza and then use Potion on him. After a while you get the same result.

I got stuck in Deep Dungon.

I beat FFT but couldnt get past the first level of DD.

You know how to get down a floor, right? It’s tricky, but you have to search every space with Move-Find Item until you find the hidden staircase, which is on a random space each time.

To speed up the process, lower Ramza’s Brave to as low as possible with Beowulf’s Chicken ability (try about 11) and search. The low Brave will ensure you get GOOD items on the floor rather than Phoenix Down, and as Ramza, you can simply Yell and Scream at yourself (heh…) to increase your speed (equip the Excalibur to make it even easier!)