Final Fantasy Tactics

actually i didnt beat it it got too boring and i realy hated the gameplay and as i said its been a long time since i played so i cant really remember what it looks like either

Originally posted by DaBigVT
actually i didnt beat it it got too boring and i realy hated the gameplay and as i said its been a long time since i played so i cant really remember what it looks like either

You said it’s too easy!

I agree with him, I hated FFT. I didn’t get past the first town because it took forever to do anything in that game. That and the gameplay blew.

Just give it a bit of time. Once you actually get some freedom in being able to choose classes and put together a team, you’ll like it.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
Just give it a bit of time. Once you actually get some freedom in being able to choose classes and put together a team, you’ll like it.

Well, we can’t assume that EVERYBODY will like it Dalton. I mean, me and you both love it like a son, but I know of many people who just couldn’t get into it.

What I do know is that those who like it, tend to like it A LOT. It is a very long and detailed game. I would say that everybody should at least give it a chance.

FFT is such a sweet game. Seriously, it’s probably one of the best FF related games out there… that isn’t your typical FF game.

Very well put Gila, I also think that it is a good non traditional ff game.

Nearly everyone that I’ve spoken to that doesn’t like fft have hardly played the game at all. Sure, the first couple battles are really restricted, but eventually you’ll get so many options and ways to play the game it’s crazy. Sometimes my files will get erased magically, and all I say is “alright, I get to start over!! How should I play through the game this time…”. And I thought it was extremely hard on my first time though cough riovanes/limberry

If I’d never gotten Star Ocean to successfully to work on my computer to experience it, FFT would easily be my favorite rpg, its really greatness in my book. Would have paid 200$ for it…

Speaking of star ocean when is Till the end of Time supposed to come out. And atma welcome to the rpgclassics forums.

Heh, thanks for the intro. Anyways, I work at gamestop and in our computer it says it will be released March 15th (US) I think, but at GameFAQs it says Feburary 12th… hmm. If you havn’t already, check out the trailer for it, looks quite promising.

welcome atma.

Oh, on tactics though, beware, the monsters levels reflect your own, so ure highest lv charater ( prob Ramza) will about equal the monsters you fight, so lev up your ppl evenly.

welcome atma.

Oh, on tactics though, beware, the monsters levels reflect your own, so ure highest lv charater ( prob Ramza) will about equal the monsters you fight, so lev up your ppl evenly.

And

I hate CHOCOBOS!!!

HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM!!!

edit: Opps I double posted, Can I get an admin in here to delete this?

I bought Tactics.

Well, I must say…the first few battles are kinda boring. But now I am the part where I am at the Dorter Trade city. Job system is really cool. What should my party be right now?

In mine, I got 2 Knights, 1 White Mage, 1 Black Mage, and Ramza as a Knight.

And I got Algus and Delita as guest characters.

Yeah your variety in jobs isn’t too great right now. The mages become completely useless once you get better classes like Samurai, Ninja, Lancer, and Math.

Math???

I thought I will never have to use it again… sighs

Yeah I forget what it’s called, Mathemetician, something along those lines? Ah it just came to me, Calculator. It will be your best mage…just make sure you have your future calculator skilled and mastered in White Magic, because that’s really all you need. Oracle and Time Mage pretty much suck later on by themselves, though you might wanna learn their necessary skills. Summoners way out class Black Mages.

And back to your statement again the Calculator confuses me as well, maybe you’ll get the hang of it when you finally get one.

Meh, everyone has their own opinions about each class, none of the classes are really worse or better than the last. As for the Calculator, I personally dont like Math Skill, a bit too cheap for my taste. Though I enjoy using the Damage Split reaction. The rest of the mage classes have their own ups and downs. Summoners, though the attacks may be strong, they take a while to charge, and the Wizard class has a higher default MA value. Oracles are very underrated as well, they have a few really useful tactics, like casting Pray Faith on an enemy then Petrify on them. Time Mages are excellent, with stuff like Teleport and Short Charge (used with Meteor = destruction)

Yeah but Time Mages and White Mages, in the end of the game, you tend to want to best armor available, and around then, you can buy the Reflective Armor, or whatever it’s called and that bounces the spell of your unit, when you can easily use a Samurai to do the same thing with a katana no charging time
And Oracles can go up against Geomancer’s, who is a good lesser substitute, and that actually cases damage.

And well, yeah I’d say some classes are better than the last. lancer’s are better than Knights…and if you really want to kick ass, asign Knight skills to your lancer…stuff like that.

I’ve played this game through a few times, and here are a few things that have always worked for me:

1. Knight Ninjas - I love these guys so damn much. The most obvious advantage with this combo is that you can give your Knight “two swords”, which will allow him to use an insanely powerful weapon in each hand. Also, equipping the “throw” command on a Knight gives him a powerful, instantaneous mid-ranged attack. These guys are durable, and can do insane amounts of damage once you get some more powerful weapons (Save the Queen, etc.)

2. Ramza Samurai - I don’t know why, but Ramza makes an AMAZING Samurai. I find he uses “draw out” more effectively then any other character. And as with any other Samurai, Blade Grasp is a must.

3. Mages CAN be useless. Especially once you get more instantaneous damage classes (Samurai, Ninja, even Holy Knight). However, you should ALWAYS have some form of White Mage, and an offensive caster. Black Mages have a wider variety of spells, but Summoners will do more damage.

I’ll post more stuff when I think of it.

ehhh I own it but I barely played it. The battles are waaaaaay too long, you know?