Final Fantasy Tactics

Is it a good game, and is it worth 20 bucks?

I heard it’s kinda like Shining force…i love those games.

What do you guys think?

Final Fantasy Tactics is a great game, I’d pay $20 for it…Because thats better than what I got it for. :ah-ha!:

I’d say $20 is a darn good deal for Final Fantasy Tactics. I got well over 50 hours of gameplay out of that game and I loved every minute of it.

But don’t buy it expecting it to be a classical RPG. Its a LOT different then any other Final Fantasy game, and that might put you off at first. You got to give yourself a little time to get into it.

Oh yeah, and if you have a GBA you could also buy Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which should be released pretty soon.

Yes i would suggest buying the game. It is very good, but hard at some parts. And if you are one that likes a games graphics this isnt the game for you. But that didnt bother me too much it makes up for it for the great ff storyline. So I say buy and have fun with it. (my name in the forums is the main characters name so i like it a lot).

I absolutely loved FFT. It was challenging without being cheap, and had great music and a big complicated storyline. :sunglasses:

Points to “Favorite RPG” in profile

I would have payed full price for it ($50) if I didn’t get it for X-mas when it came out and thought it was worth it. You be the judge.

Yes it is well worth 20 dollars!! But for God sakes always keep two FFT game saves.

Originally posted by Evangelion
Yes it is well worth 20 dollars!! But for God sakes always keep two FFT game saves.

Yeah, Evangelion is right… You should ALWAYS have at LEAST 2 save files for this game. There are two main reasons for this:

1. This is a very long, very in-depth game. If you somehow mess up your file 30 hours into the game, you WILL cry.

2. You fight a lot of “sequence” battles in this game, where you cannot access the world map for maybe 2, 3, or even 4 fights in a row. You should always designate a save file for BEFORE you enter the sequences, and use another to save after each individual battle. This way you won’t get “stranded” at the last battle; having to work with equipment and exp that might not be quite good enough.

Originally posted by PanamaJack
[b]1) This is a very long, very in-depth game. If you somehow mess up your file 30 hours into the game, you WILL cry.

[/b]

One word. Velius. ;_;

Wow…sounds promising.

Tactics is a crappy game which i wouldnt pay a buck for it (and i didnt either)

Well that was a brilliant insight.

Originally posted by DaBigVT
Tactics is a crappy game which i wouldnt pay a buck for it (and i didnt either)

This is what we call an “unsupported argument”. I respect your opinion but you haven’t backed it up with any information. For example, you could have INSTEAD said something along the lines of:

“Tactics is a crappy game because; [insert key points]…”

OR

“There are many reasons why I wouldn’t pay a buck for Tactics, [some of them are]…”

But just saying that you dislike a game doesn’t really help anybody. Everyone has a different preference when it comes to video games, so maybe if you said exactly WHAT you didn’t like about that game, you could be of more assistance to Mr. Nightblade. Thanks

well i dont like the gameplay, its too easy, umm its been so long i cant remember my other reasons:hmm:

FF Tactics easy…?Just how long did you play for anyways? :stuck_out_tongue:

i believe it was a couple of days:hmm:

well i dont like the gameplay, its too easy, umm its been so long i cant remember my other reasons:hmm:

Yeah, you’re probably like my friend. He absolutely LOVED FF7 and FF9, but just couldn’t get into Tactics. Its good… but its DIFFERENT.

I don’t see how you found it easy though. Tactics is by far one of the most complicated and hardest games on the PSX. So either you’re mistaken, or you’re some sort of gaming GOD!

i believe it was a couple of days:hmm:

Who are you anyway?

the hell was that suppose to mean

Did you use a GameShark? Did you have a walkthrough? I find it impossible to believe you beat Final Fantasy Tactics and thought it was EASY.

And even if it’s easy, it’s FUN. That’s right, lots of fun. My favourite RPG (Wild Arms 2) is incredibly easy, but it’s a blast to play.

And Tactics has great graphics, story and music as well. So why do you dislike it?