Final Fantasy Tactics:the remake

Get your facts right killmore. There’s the FFT remake for PSP and FFTA:2 which isn’t confirmed what its for.

The Brave/Faith/stat changes would also affect the predicted damage. The only real times the predicted damage would be different from the actual damage is in the three cases I mentioned.

I meant the ones that do damage with the effect. Mighty Sword only hits if the target has the correct gear and always breaks, and Chicken only causes it’s effect.

Actually, Zodiac properly affects predicted damage, so it’s only the first 2. My post was more in response to Sin. There are a few of other cases where predicted damage is off: Dash, Throw Stone, Repeating Fist and a few monster attacks all have a randomized multiplier in them.

Any of you ever fought the 11(i think it was 11)monk battle,man that was brutal.it was a random battle i got to and it happens I wanted to use Orlandu for the battle,yet the monks kicked my ass,all of them were using wave fist(doing over 100-150 damage)and used revive(succeding 90% of the time).

And what new jobs you think they might add to the game?I’m hoping for a New Ramza only job.(not the squire he has)

Hey, Über Squire rocks >:(

But yeah, it’d be cool for him to get something a bit more flashy. They could come up with some power-up class for endgame called “Heretic”, “Brave” “Valiant” or whatever.

Watch them toss in something that would make Orlandu look balanced. Something like Allswordskill + Scream, Cheer Up, Yell and Ultima. And able to equip robes, hats, ribbons (regardless of gender), swords, knight swords, shields and all accessories. Armor and helms are overrated, so to hell with them.

Hmm… I thought I recalled that Zodiac stuff was not factored in. Otherwise I can’t explain the constant increase/decrease of damage when particular units were targeted by certain others. I’m pretty sure the action didn’t matter but the unit did.

How about instead of petitioning S-E to not make the FFT remake for PSP, why don’t you get them to make more good games for the PSP?

Oh, and DQ9 was announced? Shit, I’ve been outta the RPG loop for way too long. Okay, that was only two days ago, but still. I didn’t know there was an FF5 Advance until someone mentioned it on the chat last week. >.>;;

Ultima, as it stands, is basically a glorified level 1 spell.

Scream however, can turn anyone into a potential meat shredder. Ramza + Scream is already awesome, Orlandu + Scream would be just stupid.

It would be cool if you could make Agrias or Meliadoul learn All Swordskill though.

More like glorified level 3 spell with less than half the mp cost. The level 3 spells do 24MAtarget_faithuser_faith/10000 while ultima does 23MAtarget_faithuser_faith/10000. It also charges in 5 ticks rather than 7 and I don’t believe it is effected by magic evade (don’t quote me on that last bit, I need to double check it). The first form of the end boss uses a spell called Ultima that costs 40 mp and does uses 30 for the constant multiplier and hits a 3v3 area and charges in 7 ticks.

I’d still rather set Draw Out than use either of them since the damage isn’t faith dependant, is teamsafe, is unblockable and is instant. Draw Out is easily the most reliable source of MA based damage available to the player, with 18MA and adding confusion + death sentence being available in the shops, while 30MA can be obtained by farming deep dungeon ninjas.

@Cid: I’m pretty certain that there isn’t any variation between the damage display and the final damage except in the few cases that have randomized multipliers. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_battle_mechanics.txt is very informative on this and I’ve yet to find a case where it is wrong (barring some lexical quirks) as of the most recent version.

Not for me it didnt. In fact, it was pretty accurate.

Originally Posted by Sinistral
Get your facts right killmore. There’s the FFT remake for PSP and FFTA:2 which isn’t confirmed what its for.

I already knew that it was for the PSP. My point was that FFT is now getting a remake with added material much like every other FF game made prior to VII that has landed on the GBA.

Which I had also added in my previous post that I know they’re adding a new cutscene or two and at least one new class(Onion Knight) which will probably come with its own set of equipment and abilities.(it’s most likely that it will also come with exended load times from the original as well).

The one big question on my mind for this remake is if it will have a mid-battle and/or auto save feature in case the short life expectancy of the PSP’s batteries reaches its limits near the end of a difficult battle (like inside Riovanes Castle or inside Limberry Castle). Otherwise using stat-building cheats will go out the window, or finding the exits of the many floors of the Deep Dungeon will become an effort based almost purely on luck, and god help you if you’re trying to steal the Genji Equipment and the Masamune.