final fantasy FOURTEEN!!!!!!

I don’t really give a shit about your arguments, but this made me laugh. MMOs are casual feces shoved down the throat of the masses. There’s no ultimate goal to playing them, and there’s no actual skill required. I was mistaken only in the date that WoW came out- my other arguments still stand. Also, I had a level forty dwarven fighter in WoW- I know firsthand that MMOs are nothing but ridiculously boring repetition. It may or may not be difficult in the endgame (I obviously didn’t get there), but difficulty is irrelevent. It’s difficult to shove a dagger in your ass without bleeding, but you’re still stupid for trying it.

From my experience, MMO’s are a giant game of grinding. There’s a lot of fighting…and no end. What’s the point?
Maybe I’m prejudiced against them from watching my parents spend entire days playing Asheron’s Call and doing nothing else.
I like the end! It somehow…justifies the horrendous amount of hours I put into the game.

So instead of substantiating your claim, you compare MMO’s to sticking things in your ass, and then label anyone who plays them as stupid. That makes for some excellent discussion about the rather bold comments you made in your previous post, GAP.

When did WoW have a “fighter” class? You must have spent so much time playing you unlocked a class that doesn’t exist.

MMO’s probably have 12 million subscribers, while Nintendo has sold how many Wii/DS consles? 150 million? The masses are playing Nintendo, not MMO’s.

It’s funny to see someone who lists FFVI as their favorite game complain about other games being repetitive. What percentage of the time is “Fight” the most efficient command to use in battle in FFVI? Breaking news - RPGs are repetitive.

Why do MMO critics believe the games have infinite content? How does that work exactly? When FFXI came out, when you beat Shadowlord, you “won”. You could always earn more money or help others defeat him, but you completed the content. But apparently because “The End” doesn’t flash across the screen, MMO critics decide that you accomplished nothing. Even though you completed the content. Makes perfect sense.

Expansions come out, adding more content, to keep the subscription model going. But there’s always an end to that content. In FFXI it’s missions; in WoW it’s dungeons.

I’m not playing any MMO’s right now…haven’t played more than casually for years. And I’ll criticize them til I’m blue in the face. There’s a lot of things I don’t like about them. However, people who haven’t played have these notions that “there’s no end”, “you just sit and watch”, and “there’s no skill involved” - each are terribly wrong.

Warrior. You know what I meant. I haven’t played it in two years. Also, I’m not in the mood for discussion right now. I’m more in the mood for everyone and everything on the face of the Earth to die horribly.

I’m sorry. Hit the bong and learn some rages for Gau. Always works for me.

Well first off Nintendo’s online services suck, and second I suspect that FF XIV will be geared to make the most of higher end consoles which the Wii is not. Also, there’s the issue with memory (and no the SD card support isn’t a solution so much as it’s a temporary fix-it).

And besides the Wii has all of those Crystal Chronicles games which are probably close enough in the end.

The game looks amazing. Does anyone know the approx EDR (Estimated Date of Release)? Will there be a PC version?

seeing as ff13 is supposed to be released in december2009/may/june2010 (japan/usa and europe)

I’ll estimate jan/feb 2011. (gives it a year and more to be finished and released)

lol

So XIV sucks so bad they’re still not charging a monthly subscription fee? How many years have they been working on this? Anyone still playing?

They’re extending their trial as a sign of good faith to the players while they work on these massive overhaul patches (ie, while they go and finish the game).

They should feel lucky they’re getting that at least. I’d feel kinda embarrassed to pay money for that and have it turn out like it did.

I’m kind of amazed how at just badly XIV is fairing. You’d think for something that had some significant time and effort put into it, it wouldn’t be the mess it is.

This is why you finish your games before releasing them!

Already closed my account. I’d have uninstalled the game, but you can’t do that unless you have the disc at hand, and I buried the game somewhere so the stupid wouldn’t infect me as I slept. Square seems to like to make everything as hard to do as possible. I won’t be impressed by the free playtime until they finish the game and THEN give me my month to play free. I had plenty of time to play the beta for free when it was still called the beta.

My take on the matter.

I’m fuckin pumped to play this game I can’t get over it. Potential is what I’m all about baby

Tomorrow! Which will probably turn into the next day or the next day!

I hope you enjoy it! I’m interested in hearing your thoughts on the game, I know they just had a pretty big update that fixed a bunch of stuff.

There shouldn’t be more than a dozen of ANY game. Enough numbers even if they ARE roman numerals. How bout Final Fantasy: something, something, something, Crystals. Honestly, they need to just remake FF7 for the PS3 and then quit the FF series all together. Cuz they haven’t made a good one SINCE 7. 8 was ok, 9 was shit, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 I dont know anything about. But why would they make FFXwhatever an online mmorpg? Why doesnt “Final Fantasy Online” sound good? Why don’t they stop making Dragon Quests and Final Fantasies and start making new series’? Chrono Trigger was one of the best games of all time, and has a compelling and interesting and character driven story and its about time travel. How can you NOT make a sequel to that? (chrono cross doesnt count cuz they could have changed 2 things about it and it would have been a completely different game, also Akira Toriyama didnt do that character design (I dont think) so it isnt the same) But no. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

[QUOTE=Charlemagne;666885 Cuz they haven’t made a good one SINCE 7. 8 was ok, 9 was shit, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 I dont know anything about. [/QUOTE]

Then don’t make such a statement. (Even though I agree, but that’s not point)

everything sucks only the thing is i don’t know anything about everything!