Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Current Average Rank: 79.9%

I maybe would have gotten it if there wern’t other better looking games coming out like Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC) coming out soon.
Plus it seems average. Most non RPG’s Squeenix makes (FF:CC is more hack n’ slash then RPG) are average. Drakengard is also not as hot as expected.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
Current Average Rank: 79.9%

I maybe would have gotten it if there wern’t other better looking games coming out like Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC) coming out soon.
Plus it seems average. Most non RPG’s Squeenix makes (FF:CC is more hack n’ slash then RPG) are average. Drakengard is also not as hot as expected.

That sums up a lot of the game as well.

Well my Towns name was Hyrule and another named HALO.

… I named it Tipa, which was the default name for it.

Plus Square only made it so they could make GBA games.

So that is why FFTA and Sword of Mana were released months ahead of it?

But still! Crap is crap! Hack and slash should be fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun!

Originally posted by Infonick
So that is why FFTA and Sword of Mana were released months ahead of it?

See, this is how it works.
Square only makes games for systems they can make a lot of profit on (which is why they have been with Sony). Now the GBA is also a cashcow Square wanted to get in on but Nintendo said they would only let Squeenix make games for the GBA if they made a GC game.
So Square cooked up FF:CC.

Originally posted by Ry-Oh-Ko
Well my Towns name was Hyrule and another named HALO.

We named ours Keyda.

See, this is how it works.
Square only makes games for systems they can make a lot of profit on (which is why they have been with Sony). Now the GBA is also a cashcow Square wanted to get in on but Nintendo said they would only let Squeenix make games for the GBA if they made a GC game.
So Square cooked up FF:CC.

I’ve heard a different story about Square/Nintendo/Sony. In fact, what you say abotu Nintendo is what I’ve read caused Nintendo to start to fall with the N64 so I doubt Nintendo would still be doing the same thing. Plus, I’m sure Nintendow ould be happy to get two big name Square games even if it was only for the GBA. Money is money. Both companies would profit from Square only making GBA games, so I doubt what you’re saying.

But Nintendo wanted Square to make a GC game if they wanted to make GBA games.

But Nintendo wanted Square to make a GC game if they wanted to make GBA games.

But you don’t always get what you want and I’m sure that Nintendo would rather have some Square games than none at all. Besides, Nintendo was pushign companies around before which made many of them leave Nintendo in the first place, I’m sure Nintendo won’t ruin it by doing that again since the GC is doing better than the N64.

Hey, Nintendo isn’t exactly the best at making good decisions.

Give them a break! Everyone makes bad choices every once in a while. I know I do.

And Mercenary09, your still missing the whole point! In the long run, this game is really supposed to be a multiplayer game. There’s plenty of stuff in the game that makes it fun as well. For instance, I’m already on my fifth year, and I’m still having fun. The bosses get harder every time you go back to an area to get a drop of myrrh. If you send your family seeds, then they’ll plant them and after the seeds grow, will give you free food. And after a few years, you notice that a plot starts to develop. Just a few things that make this game fun!

This game isn’t for everybody, I’m sure, but I still think that it’s worth trying.

Shh… I haven’t been adding in thoughts anymore. Stop acknowledging me.

Oh yeah, you’re not a corporation, though. So when you make a mistake… a lot of people don’t get crap :stuck_out_tongue:

Ugh… oh, and I already know the point, the game is made to be a multiplayer game.

Woops, sorry! Didn’t know that.

Well, now that I’ve made my point, my work here is done!

Originally posted by Pappy’s daughter
Give them a break! Everyone makes bad choices every once in a while. I know I do.

That doesn’t exclude the face they make bad decisions.
They’ve make numberous mistakes. Keeping cartrage format for the N64, Bullying companies when they were incharge, and now they are saying that gamers DON’T want stronger systems.

That doesn’t exclude the face they make bad decisions.
They’ve make numberous mistakes. Keeping cartrage format for the N64, Bullying companies when they were incharge, and now they are saying that gamers DON’T want stronger systems.

I know that it doesn’t, I’m just reminding you that everyone has their bad choices

What’s wrong with the cartridge format for the N64? It wasn’t that bad.

When did Nintendo say that? I don’t think that’s what they mean…

[b]I know that it doesn’t, I’m just reminding you that everyone has their bad choices

What’s wrong with the cartridge format for the N64? It wasn’t that bad.

When did Nintendo say that? I don’t think that’s what they mean… [/b]

The bad thing about cartrages is that they cost a lot to produce, are less efficent then CDs, and they have a limit to waht they can do, while if you reach the limit on CDs, make a second disc.
Nintendo said CDs for gaming consoles was just a gimmick.

And in one of Nintendo’s recent interviews they said something along the lines of “Gamers don’t want more higher tech technology for thwir systems, so thats why we will be sticking with the GC.”

[b]The bad thing about cartrages is that they cost a lot to produce, are less efficent then CDs, and they have a limit to waht they can do, while if you reach the limit on CDs, make a second disc.
Nintendo said CDs for gaming consoles was just a gimmick.

And in one of Nintendo’s recent interviews they said something along the lines of “Gamers don’t want more higher tech technology for thwir systems, so thats why we will be sticking with the GC.” [/b]

I saw something on TV that said that Nintendo was going to use CDs for their next console after the SNES, but thought that it would be too soon for gamers.

What I think they mean is that graphics aren’t everything (although it is important) but rather gameplay is what makes a game fun. So as long as they keep coming out with good games for the GC, they don’t need to rush the production of the GC’s successor.

I saw something on TV that said that Nintendo was going to use CDs for their next console after the SNES, but thought that it would be too soon for gamers.

You know what the CD add-on was? I’ll tell you.

It was the…

PLAYSTATION

Yes Nintendo and Sony teamed up to make a CD add-on for the SNES, however, like you said, Nintendo canned the idea.
Sony however went through with it and created the Playstation.
Funny how it was pretty much Nintendo’s fault that the Playstation exists today.