FFX-2 First Impressions

Do this! [makes as if to attack Jakanden]

Hey, you’re supposed to apologize first!

Originally posted by Pierson
[b]Christ I wish Square would hurry up and release this over here…

And I still thnk Rikku looks like Christina Aguilera. [/b]

Holy shit, she does!
Change her into a Warrior and look at her. It’s fuckin’ Aguilera all over again :stuck_out_tongue:

My review thus far:
The game is absolutely great.
I love the way the storyline proceeds by your choice.
People pointed out how scantily clad they are, and that fact hasn’t seemed to increase my enjoyment or decrease it in any way. It has crossed my mind many a time of how they’re dressed, but it hasn’t really become the focus of the game. They never zoom in for cleavage/panty shots either.
The music is a bit of a change from FFX and a lot of other FFs, but I really like it. The guitars sound niiiiiiiiice in the battle theme. The opening theme (not the opening cinematic’s song) is a beautiful sounding song. The opening cinematic, however pop it may sound, is quite good.
The battle system is one of the best parts of the game. ATB is back, and as kickass as ever. I really like the way you can spherechange mid-battle. If ATB is on, the battle still continues while you change jobs, making spherechanging a somewhat-risky thing to do in a boss battle.
The graphics are, as with FFX, beautiful. They don’t really make the game, but they do make it better. They actually added a bit more emotion to their faces too.

wants the soundtrack for the sheer hell of it

GAMBLER CLASS? NOW I WANT A PS2 NOW! I WILL MAKE, THE BRIDE OF SETZER! MWAA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!

I like the game more and more as I play it but I still cannot get used to the damn Charlies Angels motif heh.

I ment the spoilers thing but I figured it out.

Thought I’d weigh in (after which I’m going to ignore this thread for fear of spoilers):

Certainly enjoyable. It’s full of bubbly energy (as opposed to FFX’s mainly serious tone). I don’t really care for the music. I guess it fits the theme well, but it’s too infectious for me. ^^; I like the open-endedness (which is a huge deal coming from me, since usually I like my games to be as linear as possible).

One thing that’s driving me nuts is the mini-games. Some of them are necessary to get cool items and whatnot, and the vast majority of them seem to have time limits and require insane reflexes (Thunder Plains, I’m talking to you! Over here!) -_- I miss good old Triple Triad where you actually had time to THINK.

As for the overall mood, as a few people have heard from me, I really don’t think the lack of clothes detracts from the game in any way (for one thing, nearly everyone in Spira dresses almost that way). There’s only one really obvious and unnecessary scene I’ve seen so far (in Mt. Gagazet), but the rest is more just having fun as a girl. :sunglasses: Although the estrogen levels do get a bit too high for my comfort level every now and again, it’s still fun to watch. :sunglasses:

I’m planning on gettin’ FFX-2 sometime this week so i’ll give my impresions later.

The music is definitely a bit annoying. The theme songs and whatnot are nice, but the background music is as annoying as hell. I have a new part in a game that I hate more than anything now. It is the part where you pu8sh the musicians into the elevator. That owner is a bitch and pain in the ass to get in there. I almost wanted to start a new game to hopefully try and skip that. the choices are refreshing. Hearing about a New Game+ is very nice. I played the fuck out of FF10 and this New Game+ seems to be what I need to beat the fuck out of this more. Playing it makes me want to play FF10 again though, but I want to beat FF10-2 first before I start over again.

It seems to be a unique game and it is the first Squasoft game with an “actual” sequal.:enguard:

So would you say it’s better then FFX or worse?

Originally posted by Infonick
Yuna not remembering Rikku’s brother from the first game, etc.

Wait wait wait wait.

Yuna remembered who Brother was just fine

There has to be other people out there that are really sick of final fantasy, I got number ten used for a very small price a while back, and I didn’t really care for it, in fact, i haven’t liked one since number 7.

Actualy, why would anyone care what i think on the subject heh.

Anyway X-2 is the biggest fanservice i have ever seen.

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
There has to be other people out there that are really sick of final fantasy

I’m with ya. Personally I think FF is overrated crap now.

Western RPGs >>>>>>>>>>> Japanese RPGs IMO

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
[b]There has to be other people out there that are really sick of final fantasy, I got number ten used for a very small price a while back, and I didn’t really care for it, in fact, i haven’t liked one since number 7.

Actualy, why would anyone care what i think on the subject heh.

Anyway X-2 is the biggest fanservice i have ever seen. [/b]

I’ve only played the NES and SNES FFs. But I’d have to agree that they are all basically the same game with different wrappings.

As far as the wrappings and shineys are concerned, though, there’s a huge difference between the newer ones and the older ones.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke7377
[b]I’m with ya. Personally I think FF is overrated crap now.

Western RPGs >>>>>>>>>>> Japanese RPGs IMO [/b]

I dont like most western RPG’s because they tend to be more action RPG’s (Baulder’s Gate, etc…)

I prefer the classic style RPG’s myself and we dont make too many over here in US.

My fave RPG of all time will always be Lunar though =)

Originally posted by Jakanden

I prefer the classic style RPG’s myself and we dont make too many over here in US.

Why are JRPGs classic when they aren’t even the first RPGs?
I totally respect your opinion though (and Lunar kicks ass as well.)

Originally posted by Steve
[b]Wait wait wait wait.

Yuna remembered who Brother was just fine

Then why does she say that Brother says he was with them 2 years ago, and then add something like “or at least that’s what he says”

Well, I’ll play the game over again and see… I’m really sure that yuna knew who Brother was :stuck_out_tongue:

She forgot Buddy

That’s exactly what I was thinking, NB