FFVI Advance: February 5th - anyone excited?

Even if DQ6 is remade it’ll join DQ5’s remake in the Japanese only club. Btw, on the subject of wishing for remakes of Enix games. Will they ever get around to remaking Actrasier and/or one or more of the SoulBlazer games?

Killmore, that last post was quite the mood killer. And I’d just got excited about a possible DQ6. Soulblazer remakes FTW.

I’m also disappointed by Killmore’ post. I like DQ. :frowning:

I too am disappointed by that post.:slight_smile: Maybe I should change my name to Captian Buzz Killmore (I just devised a new full character name.)

But seriously though, I too dream of a world where DQVI can be found in the homes of American DQ fans with english dialog and PSX graphics and a nice juciy cherry on top. Mmm Cherries. Well there always hope that this remake will make it over here this time.

Picked it up earlier today, just finished up the opera scene. Differences:

1. Music - remastered or whatever, very similar but just a bit different. I don’t know if it’s my DS Lite, but there’s static on the higher pitched sounds, kind of annoying (this goes for FFIII too).

2. Translation - a lot of items are renamed. Dialogue is a lot different. Some of it I like, some of it I definitely do not, AKA no “rip your lungs out” :thud: In the prison scene with Celes, the soldier does not strike her. I guess that would be too violent. But it’s okay for all of Doma to drop dead, including women and children. Just don’t hit Celes, that warrants an M rating.

That’s about it…

Great, we’ve got cross-forum posts. :wink:

That’s because that scene was removed in the Japanese version too. Apparently there have been a string of kidnappings in Japan and they thought it wasn’t in good taste.

They also used the censored versions of Lakshmi, Siren, and possibly some female bosses (Shadarnook and the Goddess statue?) instead of the nude ones.

Okay, that’s it, I’m switching back to the SNES version. I demand my naked chicks in a game rated for kids. :wink:

Lakshmi is a Hindu goddess btw. I just got reminded of India.

Chadarnook is still censored, the Goddess statue and the Critic enemy aren’t. Also, the female enemies that had smoke removed (eg. Dahling/Misty) are now puffing away once more.

Which reminds me. The Madam enemy in the final dungeon has been renamed Cherry. It’s not the same as the Japanese name, but it’s…very close…:mwahaha:

Just thought I’d mention that the song “Dark World” (initial WoR overworld) was ported so horribly it makes my ears bleed. Absolute shit.

Really? What is the Japanese name? :3

Virginity. =P

XD

Hmmm, Nintendo Power’s article on FFVI Advance has got me convinced though. Must…buy… :hyperven:

Mmm, as I still own a working cart and SNES I didn’t think there was any need… but the Shining Force remake was definately worth the play-through… perhaps this will be too.

Edit: For the record, I’ve only lost Cid once… the first time through. Then I figured out to only feed him the yummy fish, which usually move fast enough to be able to catch 'em. Dunno why I bother… just sentimental I guess.

After Vay.

Hmm… I’m liking the idea of casting Flare or Exploder on this enemy… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“c’mon guys! I just wanna make you go pop!”

babum-tsh