FFV class question

You’re right.

I almost never miss with x fight. Its broken. Also, double cast meteo quick then meteo 4x is wrong, but disapointingly inconsistent. 2k! 500. 1k. 500. 2k!

I raped bahamut. let’s see how quick bahamut does. I can’t wait do hit 16x with Butz. 16 hits of masamune / excalibur goodness.

All I know is that when I attacked with the Blood Sword (or the elemental swords) normally, it almost always missed, but whenever I attacked with any weapon using XFight, it always hit.

XFight has 100% accuracy regardless of weapon and is not effected by evade chances or anything else that would lower hit rates. It also ignores target defense, which is why it usually seems to do a tad more than half damage per hit.

As for Meteo, it does random damage between (50…200 - target_magic_defense) *14 per hit, for an average of 7000 per cast. By level 60 the -aga black magic spells do a minimum of about 2800 (minus magic defense * 15) and a maxed out Lenna (level 99 with 89 magic, the highest possible with all the best gear) does about 7000 minimum with a single target -aga. Flare caps out at just shy of 9999 - half the target’s magic defense

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/final_fantasy_v_algorithms.txt is a pretty interesting read on the subject of how things work.

You will eventually want to have everyone master Monk, Thief, and Oracle for stat purposes, as Monk gives the best Str and Vit, Thief has the best speed, and Oracle (used to be Summoner here) has the best Mag.

I believe that the Lancer class has the best Str increase at 28 verses the Monk’s 26.

Butz as a lancer has 46 str, Butz as a monk has 54. The next highest str after monk is knight, with 51.

That combo owns. I remember beating the game with that, and coin toss(which is Zenigage now?).

I just got the numbers off of the strategy guide for the GBA version. But this setback does inspire me to hunt down the truth for myself in the actual game. (Although I’m probally wrong.)::doh::

And as for the Masamune/Excalibur/X-Fight combo it’s a good combo for sure, but the Hiryuu/Nimbus/X-Fight combo = Greatness:victoly: . (Plus all four of your characters can use it at the same time.)