FFV class question

I don’t know, I always killed them with Coin Toss because I’m an idiot.

They give ridiculous amounts of ABP and some good exp too, if I remember.

Fuck. If you want ABP, I’m not gonna lie, don’t waste your time there. Just rush to the Void and fight movers and dragons and such. You get no less than about 30 per fight. I forget the exact numbers.

Yeah, the Void is the best place to get ABP. As far as I recall, you don’t get any EXP from fights there, though. However, you can fight Iron Giants in Dimension Castle to make up for it.

in the first world, the Jachol cave is nice, basically because the squirrels are so easy
In the second World you can get 4 or 8 ABP’s a fight in Castle Bal’s Basement. Soft will kill one instantly, and Lvl 5 Doom will kill them all. This does work all the time.
In the Merged world, the Phoenix Tower has those pots that want elixers, and they’ll give you 100 ABP a pop, though there are only 8 or 9 of them.
By far the best place for ABP is the Void, the area right after the Cleft of Deminsions. You can get TONs of ABP there, but they are rather powerful. Methods already mentioned can fix that though >_>

If level 5 death works on a type of enemy then it will always work on that type because in that game all the monsters are at set levels.

Yes, much like the Red Dragons can be hit with Lv.3 Flare which is one of their own attacks which you can use via Control. But there are exeptions when it comes to recuring vilians like Abductor and Gilgamesh.

The problem with mastering some classes is the fact that only a few of them are worth doing. Classes like Monk, Ninja, Thief, Sorcerer, White, Time, Blue, Red Mages, Summoner, and Hunter are usually the most popular choices since the Suppin/Bare/Freelance class can already use any piece of equipment in the game. Furthermore, classes like the Bard and Geomancer are lacking in general usefulness but are the easiest to master, classes like the Chemist, Tamer, Knight, Lancer, Black Mage, Samurai, and Mime bring somthing to the table, but it’s easier to master other more useful classes in their place and only using them when needed. And Finally, there are Beserker and Dancer both of which are fairly useless unless you like Ribbons or Auto-Beserk.

I don’t have a strong opinion of the new classes yet, but from what I’ve already seen Necormancer and maybe Oracle are probably worth learning, Gladiator might be more useful earlier in the game, and as for Canoneer you’ll have to get back to me on that one.

Ok so I’m in the tower with Xezat, taking out its power to assault Xdeath’s castle.I just got my wyvern and Ghido’s cavern sank.

I leveled a little in Bal to get Butz Xfight. He had mastered ninja so he had dual wield and before I mastered ninja a while back, he mastered knight. So now I just found the blood sword in the tower. His ATP is 135 as a dual wielding free lancer when the other ppl is 44.

He heals himself for 600 4x for every x-fight turn +4 more hits with the weaker Osafune he has in the other hand. This is fucking broken. Alone he does 3k per turn and he’s the first one to fight. With Quick , he’d do 16 hits for a total of 6k damage and nearly 5k of healing. He barely has 1k hp.

The bloodsword wasn’t made for use with can’t miss attacks in mind. Normally it misses a lot. Oddly enough the bloodsword is also the best weapon for a mage as far as boosting magic goes. Just be careful with it, as there are a few enemies that don’t look undead but actually are, and you don’t want to kill yourself and heal them for several to the many lots.

Also, just wait till you see the power of !MageBlade with dualwield and xfight. -aga spells triple your damage and instakill anything that is weak to element you cast. Not to mention xmagic + flare, which can do up to 18k per turn and ignore most of the target’s magic defense.

You’re quite right about the monsters, but that is easily addressed in the first turh as Butz hits first.

The Blood Sword is a good deal when you get it, and no it doesn’t normally miss a lot. You’ll outgrow it soon though.

There are much better swords out there, especially if you’re looking into katanas. Their critical hit rate is about 50%. I was two-handing them a little earlier in the game than you are now with comparable damage (1600-2000 for a normal attack, 3500-4000 for critical hits, which come often.) The difference is that I was doing it 8 times faster without draining HP, and I didn’t spend any time leveling.

I’m not trying to convince you not to use X-Fight or anything. Just pointing out that there are other options to explore, in case you don’t have four characters with X-Fight and four Blood Swords.

BTW, I did EXACTLY what you described for a while myself. I’m telling you right now: It won’t work on X-Death at the end of the second world. It’s too weak.

BOOOOOOOO. Butz is currently my powerhouse. No one else can hit FOR SHIT. I’m not even level 30 and monsters knock out half my hp per hit. I feel under leveled :|.

what else are you using? High 20s is about where you should be leveled at that point. Freelancer with powerful jobs mastered is pretty overpowered for that early in the game. Your Butz can probably take out the next boss in about 7 turns on his own, so enjoy it while you can.

I have a samurai but I’m trying not to be cheap (no pun intended) with Zeningage. Galuf is a useless red mage, he just got X magic and Lenna has X-fight and dual wield but is no where as good as Butz. I’m training her spell blade. Almost done.

Wow, you’ve got some pretty crazy abilities. Samurai get pretty cheap for random fights with !Iainuki (tries to instakill all enemies, for free). Sounds like there really isn’t much you can do besides leveling up and putting Galuf in a job that isn’t meh for actual use. You’ll probably level up quite a bit between the tower and the next boss, more so if you try to do something crazy like kill the gil turtles in the cave near the big bridge.

Also, unless they changed it, the blood sword only has a 25% chance to hit, according to several guides I’ve looked at. You just don’t notice it because xfight doesn’t miss.

Where is Quick?

Mirage

Your guides are wrong.

Quick question, did they go with Bartz or Butz in the translation?

Bartz

However they did use Lenna instead of Reina.

And what’s your sources for this, other than your memory? Mine says I de-equipped that sword damn fast because it had a horrible hit rate, and yet it’s several years ago. And when I check the Shrine, it specifically states that it misses often.