FF8: Not Another Bloody Conspiracy!

Hell with it. http://www.geocities.com/strobalob/NABC.jpg

Another cliche for you. An AU, in medievil times, or alternate worlds, which always end up as an excuse for wildly different pairings and Mary Sue insertion.

Still won’t show :confused: Send the pic to me and I’ll host it in my staff folder, Pierson.

No 64739 on the big list of reasons why the internet still sucks…:fungah:

Die red X! DIE!!

:mwahaha: I am SO using this pic for the fic in the archive!

Could anyone get me that font?

That banner is awesome, and is the ideal fit for an FF sendup.

I want that font…

Runic MT condensed.

Right here: http://www.midnite-angel.net/ffdg/misc/fonts.html

When I get really bored I make titles for fics I know. Check here and here for other stuff. I get bored easily…

Wow. Diamond Dust kicks ass, (read it) and that title looks really cool.

Aye to both of Sephy’s comments :slight_smile: Great job, Pierson!

Thanks. The Diamond Dust one wasn’t all me though, as the artwork was originally done by my resident artist-goddess Noacat, who’s writing a novelisation of FFVIII on ffnet, but hasn’t done anything for RPGClassics. Yet.

Hey Pierson wuold it be okay if I posted my FF8 fic there? It’s rather short.

Sure. Send to repose_subs@hotmail.com Is there anything in particular you’d like for the banner?

Bear in mind the site is tragically unfinished right now. Hopefully I’ll eventually get it working properly, but at the minute it’s just a framework.

I dunno, it’s kinda hard to explain, here I’ll post it on this board so you can see.

Got it.:cool:

Would a smoking Revolver FF with FF-style colouring work?

Hmm, that’d be cool. Could I stick my FF7 fic up there too? I’ve put an update of it on the boards here, if you want the whole thing tell me.

Send anything fic related. My site needs fics to live. Stick it all in a zip file though, asmy MSN acts all screwy when I get sent any sort of text file.

Pierson gave me this idea on the cliche,

BAD GUY WANTED!!!

Do you have what it takes to be a bad guy? Clothes shall include a trenchcoat or likewise, and the clothe combo will be more charismatic than the hero. Must be able to smirk and crack sadistic jokes. Idealistic characters prefered. Must have a past tied with the hero, and must have a hate between him and the hero.

On-job death is highly possible, ergo, PROCEED WITH YOUR OWN RISK!!!

ON-Job romance chances are low, though on-job hate is most likely.

It’s Ah-Ah-ALIIIVE!!

Squall faded back to the waking world with a sigh of relief. 
And found himself ripped backwards into the dream and dark hall again.

“<I>What now</I>?” he snarled, glaring up at the thing on the throne.
“Sorry,” the sorcerer apologetically said, “I forgot to tell you my name.”
The commander nodded with irritation, shifting his feet to be able to keep carrying Rinoa.
“Just tell me then, my back is killing me.”
“Aren’t we impatient, eh? I like that.”
The sorcerer neatly cleared his throat and straightened up, his hair and robes swirling dramatically in the nonexistent wind.
“The name that has brought fear throughout the world of my kin is… drumroll please.”
The candles shivered in the thundering sound.
“Susan!” the sorcerer declared, the drumroll ending in a badapishhh!.
Silence ruled for a moment as the long-lasting sound faded away.
Slowly, Squall’s right eyebrow went up.
“Susan the Sorcerer?” he asked, squinting at the chest behind the pink veils.
It <I>looked</I> pretty flat, but it was hard to tell with all the swirling.
“Yesss…”
Susan’s eyes narrowed at thin air, his pretty-boy face twisting into a grimace of pure hatred.
“I will enslave humankind and destroy the universe because of my parents’ cruelty; their condemning of me by giving me a woman’s name! They wanted a girl… they never loved me!”
Squall glanced around while Susan’s heartbreaking sob shivered through the air, the commander only wondering where the hell that haunting violin music was coming from. This was a situation simply screaming for a…
“… Whatever.”
He glared at the mourning spoil of a man and used an altered version of his earlier plea:
“Can I go already?”
Still sobbing, Susan waved his hand dismissively.
“Sniff… sure… sniff… they’ll pay… sniffety sniff…”
Squall faded away again, more resolutely this time. As the knight did so, Susan snapped his fingers.
Upon the call, something unspeakable looking like a purple-green-blue pile of glue slid down the carpet, ready to carry out any master-plan its lord had in mind.
“My faithful servant… sniff,” Susan said, neatly wiping his nose with a red handkerchief, “be a dear and call Kuja, I need a hug.”

Despite the fact that Squall probably fell headfirst into another heap of clichés upon waking up, we’ll give him a short breather and take a look at Esthar instead. Oh look, there’s a great crowd in front of the palace! Looks like Laguna is holding his speech! Shall we take a closer look?
… Bah, you don’t have a choice <I>anyway</I>. Here we go!
“Soon we’ll have managed to clean out all of the monsters from the Lunar Cry in the game, my fellow citizens,” Laguna enthusiastically promised while cheers and plastic (no sharp objects around the president without permission) roses rained over him from the ecstatic crowd, “then we can start preparing for the next batches of them, which we all know that the fanfics will send upon us.”
Boos and groans followed this one. Laguna sadly nodded.
“But look at the bright side,” he said, smiling as he folded the papers against the table before him, “in the future, when the next generations of Children of Fate, all the kids of Squall and the other original heroes are going to save the world, they’ll know us as the one who changed the saying ‘it’s raining cats and dogs’ into ‘it’s raining iron giants and behemoths’!”
And the crowd roared with laughter.
Standing by the side of the scene, Kiros pressed a hand against his forehead and groaned.
“Man, he’s stupid…” he muttered for no truly apparent reason, since the joke had been rather fair for once if not worthy of such praise that the Estharians seemed to think.
Ward silently nodded. As if he had a choice. Dr Odine just looked around worriedly.
“Now what are you involved in?” Kiros demanded as he noticed the scientist’s acts.
“I am not yet zure,” the good doctor sighed, “I rezieve zo very many tazkz and orderz from variouz veird conzpiratorz zat I forget about zem if zey do not zend me notificationz. I can’t recall hearing from ziz nev zorzerer hovever.”
He shook his head.
“Vhat vorriez me iz that whenever Laguna iz azzazzinated, zey aim for Ellone next. You knov zat makez me irritated.”
“Ah yes, then I understand,” Kiros nodded.
‘Sad,’ Ward signed.
Up on the podium on the middle of the scene, Laguna checked his watch.
“Will the tomato darts assassin please hurry up, you’re five minutes late already,” he finally spoke into the microphone in a concerned tone, “I don’t want to complain but it’s not like your kind to be late…”
“Sheez!” shouted a person who with ease came running through the crowd, pulling a black mask over his face, “can’t a guy have lunch!? Fine, fine, I’m coming!”
Since it was for the plot, nobody tried to stop him either when he reached into a pocket and pulled out a few red vegetables. Nobody save from all the guards who unlike the assassin couldn’t make it through the crowd no matter how they tried.
“God he’s stupid!” Kiros snarled and broke into a dash together with Ward.
But as soon as they got up on the scene, their movements got caught in slow-motion mode and though everybody else moved normally, the two that tried to save their friend slooowly inched forwards with their mouths and eyes wide open in horror – and frustration.
Laguna moved in the same way as he tried to duck, though even slower than his pals.
Odine watched this with an intrigued look and took out a pen and notebook after a moment to record his sightings. He had never really managed to figure out what caused this flux in time and space, but it sure looked stupid and he’d like to know if it was possible to control. Such a device would save him a lot of time since it probably would shut up all those noisy docnappers and evil hiring calls if their bosses just got their hands on such a useful weapon.
The assassin calmly aimed as nobody was even close to being a bother to him. And threw.
Laguna fell, red liquid staining his beautiful and neat green suit. Immediately everybody could move normally again; the president hit the ground and his two advisors were by his side within a second while the assassin fled through the panicking crowd.
Pinching his nose with one hand while he tried to pull out the darts from the mess of rotten tomatoes on Laguna’s chest, Kiros shook his head.
“This sibly has to be the stupidest ode yet,” he sighed.
Silently, Ward dug out a handkerchief and tried to dry off the worst of the mess.
Laguna opened one of his eyes and groaned at the stank.
“This will get my drycleaner guy that car he wanted…” the president grumbled with a grimace.
Kiros and Ward exchanged glances, both just able to think about how stupid they thought their friend to be. Even if they really tried to think of something else for a change.

Ah, Laguna’s stupidity, where would we be without it.:hahaha; Great fic still, full of cliche-y goodness.:cool:

What about the one about Selphie always going off to repair T-Garden, even though it never gets repaired and is only ever mentioned once, for no apparent reason?

Hey Pierson, what about Trabia Garden being repaired in general? I saw that too many times, they mention it, but Trabia Garden does not even appear as a sight to see in the story.

Or Squall going to Trabia Garden?

And by the way, why don’t we ever get close to religion except for the existance of Hyne, and that Hyne descendant? Where are the priests? Monks of Hyne, the church or mosque of Hyne? Any prophets? The holy book? None!

Another cliché is Seifer wanting to retaliate on our heroes, “ESPECIALLY SQUALL”(sheepish smile heh, can’T say I stood out of that one.) alongside with Fujin and Raijin.

And fanfiction.net is full of “strange” attractions between Squall and Seifer, or Zell and Seifer… Yuck.