ff7

Are you equating Aerith with God? Aerith is a fictional character. Regardless of whether or not you can revive her, she doesnt exist, because she’s the fragment of a developer’s imagination.

Aw, man. I’m not getting into this. I’ll wait for someone to back me up.

That’s more like it…

i’m not comparing either. it’s an example that everyone can relate to is all.

(this has to do with possibility, nothing more)

This degenerated real quick.

You’re not another alias of Quina, are you?

who the heck is Quina?

Ha, I was thinking that myself.

I’m going to try to make this as obvious as possible.

THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO LEGITAMITELY REVIVE AERIS!

maybe if you’d have read the rest of the posts you would have noticed that your new one was useless…

and, what’s your problem anyway? do all of you get pissed that easily? take a rest, relax.

maybe a philosophy class would enlighten you Eternal Blaze. you just don’t see where i’m coming from, do you? i’m taking a philosophical approach, while most of you are just trying to see it logically.

I was having Quina flashbacks as well. O_o

Let’s put it like this. If there was a way to revive Aeris:
a) it would certainly have been in one of the official guidebooks, such as Ultimania, which are famed for having every single possible thing that anyone can ever do in any game. It wasn’t.
b) it would certainly have been found by a hacker. People have hacked the entire script out of FF7. Not only are there no more FMVs, there is no dialogue involving Aeris coming back. It does not exist.
c) the actual developers, who programmed the game themselves, would not have straight-out LIED and said that there is no way to do it when there was.

If you don’t think that any of those are proof, then you’re one of those people who never believes anything everyone says because he hasn’t seen it with his own eyes, and talking to you is completely and utterly pointless.

same here buddy. it’s pointless to talk to people who only rely on logic. try PHILOSOPHY, maybe you’de see things in a different light (you would see more things in many different ways. you’d have more than one side. but it seems, you just don’t understand that, and thus it’s useless talking to you. i perfectly understand what you guys are saying you know. but, maybe i rather take a different approach that will allow me to try and see other sides. like earth, life is not flat, it’s got lots of bumps and hills and other stuff like that. you guys see only the ‘flat’ side of things, meaning one side.)

Sweet Jesus. It’s a game. There’s no philosophy involved as Aeris is not a metaphysical point of discussion. This is also why your analogy of the possibility of God and the possibility of an in-game revival is fundamentally flawed.

If you want to talk about feasible ways in which she COULD have been revived, within the context of the storyline, that’s fair enough. But there is NO possibility that you can actually legitimately revive her in the game. There’s no ROOM for philosophical debate on the subject.

if you see every thing in a technical light, you’re not gonna be able to try and figure out if things can be different or shaped differently. go beyond your logical and techinal crap.

you’ve heard this before, right: “What if…” can’t you guys think, dream and talk about things without being 100% serious about them? this won’t killl ya you know.

Besides, being able to revive her would ruin advent children.

that’s actually the first answer that i respect, that’s a worthy post. you know, possibilities exist, but they don’t necessarily take place. remember- what if? dream a little. after all, RPGs are fantasy based.

but about what you belive to be flawed, that remains to debate (which i don’t feel like debating now)

Ah. So you’re the kind of person who’d debate that maybe the sky really is green, despite the fact that your eyes and everyone around you claims that it’s blue. Or, perhaps, that the car about to hit you really isn’t about to hit you because maybe it’s really going another direction. After all, where’s the proof?

Personally, I like to be just a wee bit more practical than that.

i honestly can’t say i’ve never heard of that game (what console is it for?). if it ruins that game (why does it? who are the characters in it?), then it’s LOGICAL (are you people happy, i used the word logical) that she dies.

Ahem.

There is no possible way to revive Aeris in-game. It is not a programmed sequence or possibility, and the game is just incapable of providing the opportunity. You have thus far been “philosophising” over whether or not it can happen, and the answer is that it can’t.

Like I said, make the distinction that you’re discussing ways in which it COULD have been implemented, and you have a feasible topic. Right now, it sounds like you’re still convinced there might be a way, when there is incontrovertible proof that there isn’t.

As for my opinion as to how it could have been done, I’m really rather glad it wasn’t implemented. Aeris’ death was a significant part of the storyline, and a magical revival would have cheapened her sacrifice, imo.

Jesus fucking christ, who are you? Why are you here? WHO MOVED THE ROCK? Just shut up with this stupid shit. People that try to push forward this kind of meaningless pseudo-philosophy are nothing more than failures that are in denial about their own inadequacies so they start spouting this kind of shit to give themselves an illusion of ideological uniqueness.

In case you’re wondering why you’re irritating people, you’re showing a form of escapism we’re all very familiar with since we see people try to do this on the boards more frequently than you’d think and thus it draws our ire to have to keep dealing with this kind of bullshit.