ff7

Are you really so naieve? If so, that’s really quite sad.

i’m hearin all kinds of different stuff about AC. it’s crap, it’s awesome, it’s somewhere in between. from 1-10 (10 best) how would you rate it?

I’d rate it a 4.

If you want holy shit over the top action that makes DBZ physics seem feasible, by all means buy it. If you want an actual story, dont bother.

no, they are good answers. i haven’t said or assumed either that they would work. i know she dies and all, but i’m sure there’s a way she can survive. thus, the answers that are given are good, and that’s why you need to look beyond the sarcasm or ‘joke’ in them. beyond all of that, you may find a bit of truth that could lead Aeris to survive. you know, those ‘leads’ can lead to real and concrete answers.

Dagons Revenge, if i would be naive, i wouldn’t believe that there might be a possiblity that Aeris could survive. because in fact, her survival could mean a different ending. remember at the end when Cloud does Omnislah? imagine if Aeris survives, instead of cloud maybe Aeris would do her ultimate attack on Sephiroth. naive people wouldn’t even think of the different possibilities, and therefore the sarcasm in some of those answers are in fact good leads (you see, by posting an answer, it can be of great help if used properly. but, it seems that you don’t believe so. you know, rumours are the most ill concieved tools anyone can use. therefore, i don’t pay any attention to remarks that may or may not be true. in the end, rumours remain a tool used to the advantage of those do not know anything, but who want to make others believe a certain thing).

i’m really curious to know what you believe (and what others believe as well. feel free to answer to what i’ve said. i take no offence in anything, so say what you want and how you want).

DBZ physics feasible? ok, my hopes for a good movie have been shattered. i’ll prolly just rent it and watch it so i can say i did.

There is no way for her to survive. The game wasn’t made that way. And if by some fluke you actually could revive her, someone would have done it in the eight years since the game was released. They haven’t. Its not possible. She is supposed to die. Otherwise she can’t cast Holy or whatever.

And I believe Aeris’ ultimate limit break is some kind of healing/defensive move, and wouldn’t kill Sephiroth anyway.

i didn’t think of her move from that perspective. it could be a healing move. however, remember her second limit break? Seal Evil. it has nothing to do with healing, therefore it’s possible that her move has something to do with sealing Sephiroth’s power.

by the way, even if no one has ever found any way to revive Aeris, it doesn’t mean none exist. let me ask you this: in Chrono trigger, have you ever been able to make Frog turn back into Glenn? :runaway: i haven’t been able to (although i know it can be done), but does that mean that since i can’t do it that it cannot be done? you know, mankind is shrouded in mystery all the time. what do you think of this perspective?

I never played Chrono Trigger, but that is a game with multiple endings in the first place.

FF7 has one ending, period. I’ve looked at the raw data on the cds. There aren’t any hidden FMVs or anything that you don’t see in the actual game.

Besides, I think Aeris dying is integral to the plot. If you could revive her, than her death wouldn’t be as profound or meaningful. She sacrificed herself for the planet, basically.

about that… some of the multiple endings in Chrono Trigger are right next to each other (ex.) one of the ways to get to the ending is the hop unto the vessel and go to Lavos’ era, another one is reading the book found close enough to the vessel. i mean, they’re obvious endings really (not all of them are obvious though). anyway, it’s mostly the way that you get there which differs more than anything else. most of the things involve side quests.

back to ff7. let’s say you could revive Aeris, she therefore wouldn’t actually have died. after all, don’t you revive some of your party members once in a while with phoenix downs or the phoenix summon? wouldn’t it be the same thing. altough, i do understand what you’re saying about the ‘death not being profound’. i get ya. i remember the first time i played ff7, i was so sad she died. every time she dies, i feel really bad for her, and helpless that Cloud almost kills her, and then (when he ‘wakes’ up) he’s unable to save Aeris.

in any case, like you, i prefer a slightly shakesperean ending (in this case, only Aeris and the first Caith Sith dies. in a real shakesperean tragedy, everyone would die… but that would suck if that would happen in ff7. i mean, it would really suck).

Mades, the fact that you believe so strongly that she can be revived after everyone here and the facts-the story, the words from the mouths of the writers and developers, etc-have told you otherwise show that you are very nieve. I hate to even go as far as to say ignorant, but…

Its just that there have been so many hardcore gamers who completely dominated FF7, doing everything possible, even hacking saves and stuff to do rediculous things. And still no one has found a legitimate way to bring back Aeris.

But plotwise, I think it is very important for her to get killed. If it didn’t happen that way, Cloud wouldn’t have an excuse to be all angsty.

i said that i believe that there is a possbility. there’s a difference.

anyway, how can you assume that i’ve listened to the writers and developers etc of the game? truth is, i never did and couldn’t care less.

you can call me ignorant if you wish, but neither you or i can prove anything whatsoever, therefore, you would be as ignorant as me. people may say things, but in the end it never means that it’s the truth. i’ll only believe something if you can prove it to 100%. i only believe what i see (except in some cases where science is the answer). it’s not because i don’t know something that it either makes me naive or ignorant you know. to believe (as you would say) makes me a dreamer. to be ignorant is something else

that’s a fair answer and good answer. by her death, it does allow Cloud to be the nutcase that he is.

by the way, in the shinra division that Cloud was in, did he have a type of rank, or was he simply a private?

There IS no possiblity! None! Not A SINGLE ONE! It doesnt happen. I can’t happen. It will never happen. Deal with it. This is 8 years old now. It will never happen. No you’re not nieve . You’re ignorant and blind to the facts.

Uh, yes, but the point is that everyone else has pretty much said “no there isn’t.”

is there really any need to get angry?
have you ever thought of arguing on the other side? i think not. i mean, if you’d try arguing on the other side, then maybe you could get something out of it. that’s all i’ve been doing really. after all, if i wouldn’t have, i’d probably be as angry as you. this would be like playing the devil’s advocate. if you only have one side argiung… then, where’s the point in arguing (note: ‘arguing’ in this case can be replaced by ‘debating’)

fair enough, but i said that there might be, not that there is one. none of you seem to understand that specific tiny difference. therefore, a pssobility does not mean that there is one. let me put it like this: you’re in college. your teacher by the name of Jim Jones is a healthy man of 30 years old. he has no kids and no one in his family is sick. all is well. however, there is a possibility that he will not come. why? well, 50% dictates that he will be there, and 50% dictates that he will not. in the end, sure he’ll be there, but it never takes away the possiblity that he will not. if you take away that possibility, you take away the possibility that either nothing could ever change. nothing is ever fix, don’t forget about this.

in the end, it’s not about having one or more possiblities, but implying that there can be 2+ (even if in reality there are none). you cannot take away that possibility, even if it’s not true or possible.

take a look right above my panda signature (hopefully it appears right). to you, does my saying make sense?

If something is not possible at all, there’s no possibility of it being possible. That’s why it’s not possible.

Sorry for my outburst. I’m taking anger management classes.

you are? how are those going? all the best to you about that.

i’m not really bothered by your outbursts (as you put it).

you know, it takes quite a man to argue with, and also quite one to speak his mind. we may be arguing and all, but it takes guts to say what you need or want to say.

what i’m talking about is very philosophical. take religious people for example. there’s a possiblity that a god exists, right? so they beleive in it. but at the same time, there is no god for those who are atheists. it’s a very complicated nuiance that people have trouble seeing. in the end, you need to really keep focused on the possiblity that a god might or might not exist. it depends on which end of the table you’re on. thus, that possibility may or may not exist. (did i confuse you?)

What the FUCK are you doing trying to compare “does God exist?” to “can Aeris be revived?”