FF6: Your best character

Play it without overleveling, it gets a little harder.

I’ve played it underleveled, too. It’s still a breeze. FFVI has, like, NO difficulty level. My last game had no characters above level 35 and I still had no trouble.

Maybe I’ll limit myself even more by never equipping magicite. Maybe that’d work.

I never found FF VI to be really easy. I always found it got loads harder after the end of the world, but I never found it really hard either.
I think it was pretty well balanced difficulty-wise… or at least was good for intermediate players, or high-level beginners…

But as with ALL games, I think, it can always, and usually should be, harder.

Ninten:cool:

Wutai wasn’t a village of ninjas. It was as far from that as it gets: a tourist attraction. She didn’t use shuriken, either. Her first weapon alone was only nominally a shuriken.

But yeah, that whole “Mystery Ninja” thing works :stuck_out_tongue:

It only turned into a tourist attraction after it lost the war. Before it probably was a village of ninjas and such, but being a ninja doesn’t pay the bills for a war.

Of course, it’s been a long time since I played the game, and I’m getting off topic.

When you look in the manual, it says that her weapon type is “Shuriken,” and her description in either the manual or the strategy guide (can’t remember, but it was from Square either way) says that she’s from an ancient lineage of Ninjas. I believe that someone in Wutai said that it used to be a ninja village before it became what it was when you got there. Can’t confirm that last one, though.

It is a shuriken, nominally, but equating it to a ninja’s shuriken is fallacious. It is obviously not a small throwing knife.

Her theme song is indeed called Descendant of the Shinobi. As for her weapon, I think it’s meant to be a throwing star (if you notice, she never actually touches an enemy with it; she makes a throwing motion and they get hit) but technically speaking Square wasn’t able to pull it off, so it looks like she keeps it in her hand.

If you play Ehrgeiz or Kingdom Hearts you’ll notice she doesn’t carry a single big throwing star with her any more.

It only turned into a tourist attraction after it lost the war. Before it probably was a village of ninjas and such, but being a ninja doesn’t pay the bills for a war.

Of course, it’s been a long time since I played the game, and I’m getting off topic.

There, now we can all stop talking about Yuffie. I think it’s clear that none of us like her anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like her!

No really. And not just because of the hentai. :stuck_out_tongue:

At least she’s cheerful, unlike everyone else in that game.

There really wasn’t much difference between a Shinobi and a Ninja. So, it’s really just a technicality.

Um, Shinobi was the name of a famous ninja (or alternatively a ninja clan). It’s not a noun.

A name is a proper noun, so there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yuffie was cool. I had her and Vincent in my party with Cloud all the time. Now that I think about it, his melodramatic “woe is me” thing really evened out her happy-go-lucky stuff.

OT: Can you delete your posts if you post it twice? Or is that something you can’t do on this forum?

<strike>Shinobi isn’t the name of a famous ninja or a clan. It’s the title of a member of a group of clans that were particularly rich and powerful. A wealthy ninja, or so “they” say. I heard that somewhere on the grapevine so I can’t confirm it’s accuracy.

Alternatively, it’s just a synonym for ninja. Shinobi is apparently the noun form of “shinobu,” which is the verb “to endure.”

Some “sources” [random online drivel, essentially] tell me that ninja is an alternate pronunciation of the kanji that compose the phrase “shinobi-no-mono,” which literally means “person of endurance” according to my non-comprehensive dictionary and meager knowledge of the language. People commonly say that ninja means “hidden.”

I don’t know what to believe. I can tell you that it’s not a name, though.</strike>

You know what? Let’s just put it this way: “Shinobi” means “Endurance,” which is a fitting title for a game based on mental endurance and survival.

Well, I know it has something to do with ninja, and that it’s not a noun. 8p

I am probably with the majority, here, when I say that Yuffie was fun to use, but she just did not quite do it for the battle.

Cloud for physical attacks, Cid for physical attacks and recovery, and Vincent for magic attacks is my best party. I only used barret and Tifa near the beginning of the game or when I had to.

Yuffie I never used for anything other than to pass the time. Shuriken, shinobi, ninja-stuff, or whatever, She was still just an average fighter and terrible magic user. Plus the whole sceens with her are just annoying.

Um… in FF7 all the characters are pretty much the same. I never noticed much of a difference in stats during battles. The only real difference is the Limit Breaks.