FF6 third party sequel

I know someone out there had to have seen it. A group of people was making a direct sequel of FF6 with some new chars and returning ones. I havent heard much of anything about it now though. It was called Final Fantasy: The Power Within. Anyone know details?

/me doesn’t know what you are talking about…

Methinks this be the ramblings of a madman.

By third party, he means some random group of people on the internet, and by making, he means hacking the original ff6 cart, or doing some crap on RPG maker.

MYTH!

What Epic just said.

I’ve herd about that on the gamefaqs board but the group doing it, just went like missing. Didn’t even say they were going to stop working on it.

Don’t bother asking me the site(I don’t know it), just ask somewhere or look on google.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Methinks this be the ramblings of a madman.

Mad!? Oh please… well maybe just a little off but thats besides the point. But I got the answer I needed so oh well.

But seriousely the way u asked the question was like u didn’t know what you were talking about. I thought it was a joke when i first looked at it.

SOunds like rumour. Anyway, why sully a legend?

Are you referring to the joke sequel that Final Fantasy Online created a few years back? The “original” FF7, I think it was called. It took place after the World Of Ruin reverted back to the World Of Balance, and starred many of the same characters, wandering the world to track down pieces of their past. A few noteworthy things I remember were;

Clyde Arrowny (Shadow) reveals his identity to his daughter Relm, Celes and Locke marry, Locke’s old master (A master Japanese chef) meets up with him and tells him he’s going soft, Edgar and Sabin attempt to rebuild their tarnished kingdom

Is this the one? Or was it Kefka’s Revenge (the one done on the Sphere program?)

I have no idea what you’re going on about… 0_o

I’m serious. FF Online made a whole bunch of fake Final Fantasy games; including a “exclusive beta version” of Final Fantasy 9, where they photoshopped damage numbers and ATB bars into an EverQuest screenshot. 8)

wow… that’s… really lame…

There was a 3D “sequel” of FF6 in the very early stages of production for the N64 (although it’s unclear whether it was just a demo or whether Square actually intended to make the game). However, when Square broke off with Nintendo, it was dumped. RPGamer has some screenshots of it here:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/affw/ffsgi.html

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
I’m serious. FF Online made a whole bunch of fake Final Fantasy games; including a “exclusive beta version” of Final Fantasy 9, where they photoshopped damage numbers and ATB bars into an EverQuest screenshot. 8)

should i be glad that i never heard of these things?

I ought to salvage some of the screenshots from the games. 8)

Yup.:slight_smile: It would have been funny to see if nothing else.

I remember the n64 game that was canned but thats wasnt what I was talking about. It wasnt a ff online one either. I found more info on it. Some group going by the name of Dream Horizon Software was in the middle of making it but i guess the project kinda died. Woulda been kinda nice to at least see how it went anyways.

Maybe one day…

Reminds me of something I heard where I third party groups was going to make a prequal to FFVI set back during the war of Magi… But I think that one was actually a little further long to where it might actually be in one of the dark pockets of the internet for download someday… either way it might be intereting to look at… if I remember correctly it wasn’t that bad looking a game…

(I remember the guys weapon looked exactl like Serge’s from Chorno Cross…)

I’ll bet it’d be fun to make something like that… but I don’t think I could actually try and distribute it out!! that would be just… like… putting honey all over yourself and jumping into the bear’s den at the zoo O_O’