FF5 and CT

I want to get these, yes, just these (eh, maybe FF7 as well) for the PSX. How much do you think I’ll have to pay/trade away for for these at GameXChange?

If anybody’s wondering, I can’t play these on ROM 'cuz my mom found out 'bout my emulation, and a real SNES isn’t so reliable these days…

O_O Weird.

I’d say your best bet is eBay. Those two games were only released individually in Japan, and not America. So, you might have to bite the bullet and get FF4 and FF6 along with them.

Well, crap. Eh, those two weren’t TOO bad, I suppose.

You liked FF5 more than FF4 and FF6, too? :open_mouth:

Yes. Mainly because the crystals support my Pagan beliefs. The Job system kicks ass too.

Wow. I wasn’t expecting that kind of response. :stuck_out_tongue:

The last time I was at Best Buy (couple months ago), they had a couple copies of the Greatest Hits version of FF Anthology. Might want to try there, or your local gaming hut.

[strike]Or you can order direct through Square Enix[/strike]; correction, they finally stopped selling them direct. You can get <A HREF=“http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/168400.asp”>Final Fantasy Anthology (Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI) for $19.99</A>, and <A HREF=“http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/201252.asp”>Final Fantasy Chronicles (Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger) also for $19.99</A> at EB. For some reason, though, Gamestop charges <A HREF=“http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=934254”>$37.99 for Chronicles</A> and <A HREF=“http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=933802”>$39.99 for Anthology</A>, both used, even though you can still get them both new for $19.99 at EB… weird.

Just curious, though, why was the emulation a problem? Is your mom trying to keep the computer free of clutter, or is she worried about the legal ramifications? I’m going to assume that the “pagan beliefs” part was a joke, though, as I don’t understand how the crystals from FFV would support those beliefs, but the crystals from FFIV wouldn’t.

The ‘pagan beliefs’ thing was NOT a joke, I’ll assure you. But yes, the ‘legal ramifications’ thing is quite so, AND she wants to keep the PC free so it works quickly and easily when she checks her e-mail ONCE A FUCKING MONTH AT BEST. And she didn’t know I had downloaded ANYTHING on the PC. And another one: She is very thoroughly convinced that FF5 and CT will take up her entire hard drive. Only 5.8 gigabytes used out of 18. That’s just plain fucking wrong. I must live in hell.

You should just explain to her that two roms isn’t going to eat up 16 gb worth of space. Those two roms plus an emulator wouldn’t take up more than 10mb, at the most.

As for the legal ramifications of emulation and playing roms, just tell her all the cool people do it and point her somewhere besides GameFAQs. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wasn’t trying to insult your beliefs or anything, and I apologize if I did. I was just hoping you’d explain how FFV’s crystals support your beliefs and FFIV’s don’t. :smiley:

I MAnaged to get FF5 on a Floppy, LAng hack only. I belleved I Ziped it, well I managed to do a 4 disk Zip of Tales of Phataisia Dajap, to place on my Loaned Laptop, I didn’t have cd Burner of my own.

BN
??:Kaaaaa…

Just put the emulators in a hidden folder then, and dont label said folder as something obvious, like, ‘C:/giantgigabytewastingemulators’. Space-wise, she won’t notice, especially if you keep it to 2 roms only.

Be wary that PSX emulation actually would cause HD space to be taken up, but thats a different beast.

Could always set the folder to Hidden and memorize the directory.

Are you kidding? The biggest SNES ROM I’ve ever since was about 2mb. Those two games and something like ZSNES or Snes9X can hardly reach 5mb.

Explain this to your mother, show her the size of the files, explain the fact that a SNES emulator doesn’t affect the computer in the least when it’s not active and that even when it is, it’s about as heavy on the processor as Notepad.

And I don’t mean to offend your mother but you might want to let her know that nobody, NOBODY, not even the companies that made the games give a hoot about SNES emulation in the legal sense. It’s abandonware.

She is very thoroughly convinced that FF5 and CT will take up her entire hard drive. Only 5.8 gigabytes used out of 18. That’s just plain fucking wrong. I must live in hell.

Oh, yes. How awful, that your mother doesn’t let you emulate games. I mean, there’s nothing on earth worse than that, is there?

If nothing else works, you could run the emulators and roms on one of your consoles or handhelds, but they’d both probably have to be modded.

Hey, come on, guys. His problems are horrifyingling real to him. If your mom won’t let you emulate games, but you want to, than just do it, dude.

Don’t get jeaulous or resentful. Cause there’s nothing worse in the world than those two things.

I wouldn’t blatantly show disregard for your mom’s rules. Even if you disagree with her, you only have to live under her rules for so long, and then you might end up needing her help, or at the very least her support, in the future.

I heard that there is a PSP SNES rom Emulator. Some one in a gamestore Claims seen it on a PSP. After a some time after the PSP UK date, I’ll might buy a PSP.

BN

No, I take no offense here. I didn’t know there were crystals in IV… I swear I played that one… Huh.